Questions for Christians

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

sue

Questions for Christians

Post #1

Post by sue »

This may have already been answered by many of you, my apologies for asking some of you to repeat yourself. My hope is to consolidate this information into one thread.

What is your denomination?

Do you regularly attend church?

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #2

Post by MagusYanam »

I go to a Congregationalist church in Providence, RI, but consider my personal beliefs more in line with the Anglican Communion.

I regularly attend church when I'm home, but at college a.) the church is too far a walk from campus and b.) I often can't get myself up at 9:00 in the morning on a Sunday.
If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.

- Søren Kierkegaard

My blog

otseng
Savant

Re: Questions for Christians

Post #3

Post by otseng »

I'm hard to classifiy. But, I attended a charismatic church (non-denominational) when I first became a Christian (during college). Then went to a Presbyterian church (PCUSA) for several years. Then went to an Evangelical Free church for several years. Now, we're church shopping.
We attend church services weekly, but currently do not have a home church.

cad0830
Student

Post #4

Post by cad0830 »

I attend a Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) church. I attended a Presbyterian college, and grew up first in a Methodist church and later in a Mormon church. I attend church almost on a weekly basis and am in the church choir.

john_anthony_gonzalez
Student

Post #5

Post by john_anthony_gonzalez »

sue wrote:This may have already been answered by many of you, my apologies for asking some of you to repeat yourself. My hope is to consolidate this information into one thread.

i'm non denominational

and i attend church regularly

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by achilles12604 »

I am inventing my own denomination. So far the congregation is up to one person. But we are hoping to grow soon.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

arayhay
Sage

Post #7

Post by arayhay »

sue wrote:This may have already been answered by many of you, my apologies for asking some of you to repeat yourself. My hope is to consolidate this information into one thread.

I am not a christian, i am a cross between a Messianic and a Hebrew roots believer in the messiah.

i attend Synagogue, on shabbat, when i am in town.

Flail

Methodist

Post #8

Post by Flail »

I was raised as a Methodist..nothing strict....my uncle was a minister....my great grandfather was an agnostic..and a hero to me....a non-conformist...a leader and a self educated man who helped anyone who had a need.

I am a Diest...I believe in a Creator...beyond that it is all speculation ...and when someone thinks our speculation is truth, we have problems...and hatred and killing and ...Religion...which I think will prove the evil in sheeps clothing as described by Jesus.

Jesus philosophy was fantastic...but the religion using his name is a fraud and an embarrassment to him I am sure.