Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Are vegans anti abortion?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Are vegans anti abortion?[/url]
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Re: Are vegans anti abortion?

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Are vegans anti abortion?[/url]
Isn't this a bit like asking if meat eaters are pro abortion?

It seems to me it'd come down to the individual vegan or the individual meat eater.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 2 by Tcg]

No your question has no relevance.

My understanding is that vegans dont eat eggs. So i would presume they are all anti abortion or hypocrites or there is a fulfilling 3rd possibility?

Is there a bias towards being anti abortion at least amongst vegans?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Tcg]

I think it is perfectly relevant. Perhaps it'd help if you explained why you disagree.

My understanding is that vegans dont eat eggs. So i would presume they are all anti abortion or hypocrites or there is a fulfilling 3rd possibility?
My understanding is that meat eaters do it eggs. Would you assume then that they are pro abortion? If not, what is the connection you see between egg consumption and abortion?

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 4 by Tcg]

Why not ask a question of a group if you wish?

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #6

Post by benchwarmer »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Tcg]

Is there a bias towards being anti abortion at least amongst vegans?
My understanding is that vegans don't eat eggs because eggs are byproducts of animals which generally (not always of course) have been bred in captivity specifically for this purpose. i.e. they feel this is cruel. Vegans are strictly against any and all cruelty (including perceived cruelty) to animals. This is what I gather anyways.

So I'm pretty sure it's a different possibility from the 2 you gave.

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to benchwarmer]

Oh, that would be different. So a vegan would eat a chicken if it lived and died in a non cruel manner?

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #8

Post by benchwarmer »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to benchwarmer]

Oh, that would be different. So a vegan would eat a chicken if it lived and died in a non cruel manner?
You mean like if a chicken frolicked freely among the neighborhood, enjoying life to the fullest, and then dropped dead after wandering into their kitchen? I doubt it, but this is a very good point. You will have to take it up with a vegan. Seems like this neatly solves the cruelty issue. Though it makes planning dinner a real chore :)

bluethread
Savant

Post #9

Post by bluethread »

[Replying to post 8 by benchwarmer]

Also, vegans do not eat free range chicken, or their eggs either. Some vegetarians do, for the reason stated. However, vegans do not. Vegan is defined as "a person who does not eat or use animal products".

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

bluethread wrote: [Replying to post 8 by benchwarmer]

Also, vegans do not eat free range chicken, or their eggs either. Some vegetarians do, for the reason stated. However, vegans do not. Vegan is defined as "a person who does not eat or use animal products".
Isnt it because they value life higher or as more sacred than non vegans? What is behind the definition you gave?