Any LDS here?

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

Any LDS here?

Post #1

Post by postroad »

Are you in agreement with ttruscott's interpretation of your doctrine?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Any LDS here?

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

postroad wrote: Are you in agreement with ttruscott's interpretation of your doctrine?
No, they are not. I am not LDS and I do not espouse their doctrine. I am no more LDS for believing in PCE that a Calvinist is a Catholic for believing in Jesus as the Saviour.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by postroad »

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

Wow.

As if identical parts force an identical identity, like being covered in fur makes a mouse a lion. As if believing God creates the universe makes a Hindu a Muslim. Whatever can be the name of this illogical conclusion? Yikes... iaooh...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

help3434
Guru

Post #5

Post by help3434 »

They are not the same. If I understand correctly ttruscott belives that free will to accept or reject salvation only existed in the pre-mortal life and everyone on Earth is now predestined for salvation or damnation no matter what they do here. In sharp contrast the LDS church teaches that people's choices on Earth are an essential part of God's plan.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

postroad wrote: Your PCE is almost identical to Joseph Smith's teaching.
YHWH was never a human or non-divine being.
Jesus is a Divine being.
No liturgy nor ritual in any church can change or increase anyone's place in heaven or their salvation.
Upon our resurrection we will become like the angels, but NOT divine.

As for the details of their belief in what they call our pre-mortal lives, I don't know them but because of their (blasphemy) of their pov about divine beings, I don't care. Every proper system in Christianity has a corresponding false system in place to stand against the truth...Rom 1:18+.