"Do you Mormons really believe that...

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

officer2002
Student

"Do you Mormons really believe that...

Post #1

Post by officer2002 »

He asked this in the spring at a Presidential Primary debate. I am sorry that I did not put this question up sooner but I have a job and family, etc. Mike Hukabee asked Mitt Romney, "Do you really believe that the Devil is Jesus's brother?" Mike if you visit this web site you might get an answer from other Mormons.

officer2002
Student

Sorry about the misspelling

Post #2

Post by officer2002 »

I should have written "...Huckabee..." not "...Hukabee...".

officer2002
Student

The first answer.

Post #3

Post by officer2002 »

Mike I do not understand why you seem so excited about the subject because our understanding is not contradictory to anything in the Bible about that subject and we believe that you and I are brothers with him and HIM. Paul spoke correctly at the momument to the Unknown God when he identified the true God as the Father of us all. Your emotion (if I was "reading" your emotion correctly) would make more sense to me if earthly families had no black sheep. If my wife had done drugs and stole cars like some of her siblings (just to name one family where there is a wide range of criminal/drugee behavior and "clean" behavior) then your emotion would make sense. Father in Heaven begot a spirit who was worthy so be our Savior and HIS enemy.

officer2002
Student

Post #4

Post by officer2002 »

If you agree with Mike Huckabee please feel free to join in this discussion.

Eph
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Eph »

The question only comes up in an attempt to discredit Mormons by anti-mormons. You could go to the LDS church for years and never hear the topic discussed.

Since you asked, LDS people believe, that while polar opposites, Satan is Jesus's brother only in the sense that all beings are the spirit sons and daughters of the Father -some are righteous and some are wicked, and everything in between (free will and all).

Since he was an evangelical preacher, Huckabee might be well-acquainted with anti-mormon literature that play word games to attack our church. Personally, I thought it was a cheap shot by Huck, and so did many of my friends.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.