Jewish Prayers

To discuss Jewish topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Murad
Guru

Jewish Prayers

Post #1

Post by Murad »

I know muslims are allowed to pray at synagogues, numerous youtube vids (by Jews) that i've come across (e.g This), say Jews can pray at a mosque but not at a church.

Is it true Jews can pray at mosques but not at churches?
Why?
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #11

Post by Suluby »

Holyspirit213 wrote: Jews can pray at alters only because at the time of their suffering god instructed to do so wisely due to the attacks of the wild back in the hay day.
Can you please clarify and expand upon this?

I am not sure what you mean exactly, so I hesitate to respond.

Thanks.

Holyspirit213
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Holyspirit213 »

The reason why the alters were built was for the service of the faithful people for the poor. The poor people are known to be outcastes and alters like Christian churches serviced them to keep them safe. Back in the day it conceived of huts and the wild was really not kept under control as much as now so they kept people inside alters so they can pray and be safe while they pray.

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Suluby »

PREVIOUS POST by Holyspirit213 that prompted my request for clarification:
Post 10: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am
Jews can pray at alters only because at the time of their suffering god instructed to do so wisely due to the attacks of the wild back in the hay day.

Holyspirit213 wrote: The reason why the alters were built was for the service of the faithful people for the poor. The poor people are known to be outcastes and alters like Christian churches serviced them to keep them safe. Back in the day it conceived of huts and the wild was really not kept under control as much as now so they kept people inside alters so they can pray and be safe while they pray.
I still don't understand you. To which time of suffering are you referring? If it is the "suffering" during the Inquisition or during the Crusades ..... I highly doubt that any Jew would feel safe even being near a Christian church ..... no less davening in one! I don't know the reason Christian churches have altars ..... but synagogues/temples/shuls/ do not have a bimah for service to the poor and the outcasts.

I don't know where you have gotten your information, but it just doesn't add up, as far as what I know of Judaism.

Holyspirit213
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Holyspirit213 »

Crusades have wondered around the ages for places to hut and live. For example dawn of the day was created by the crusaders to get the attention of the kings to have them converted to Judaism. Per say, one can argue that the kings have ordered the crusades to establish religion but the truth really remains hidden I think. I don't think the crusaders were religious but rather relentless faith. Discovery of the religion of Judaism was not founded by Peter but Mary magdalene.

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Suluby »

Holyspirit213 wrote: Crusades have wondered around the ages for places to hut and live. For example dawn of the day was created by the crusaders to get the attention of the kings to have them converted to Judaism. Per say, one can argue that the kings have ordered the crusades to establish religion but the truth really remains hidden I think. I don't think the crusaders were religious but rather relentless faith. Discovery of the religion of Judaism was not founded by Peter but Mary magdalene.

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are mistakes in this post ..... but I hardly know where to begin!

Judaism existed long, long long before either Peter or Mary Magdalene existed. They didn't discover it ..... and they didn't found it.

The Crusades and the reasons behind them are not hidden ..... they are extensively covered by historians.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~Oscar Wilde

cnorman18

Post #16

Post by cnorman18 »

Suluby wrote:
Holyspirit213 wrote: Crusades have wondered around the ages for places to hut and live. For example dawn of the day was created by the crusaders to get the attention of the kings to have them converted to Judaism. Per say, one can argue that the kings have ordered the crusades to establish religion but the truth really remains hidden I think. I don't think the crusaders were religious but rather relentless faith. Discovery of the religion of Judaism was not founded by Peter but Mary magdalene.

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are mistakes in this post ..... but I hardly know where to begin!

Judaism existed long, long long before either Peter or Mary Magdalene existed. They didn't discover it ..... and they didn't found it.

The Crusades and the reasons behind them are not hidden ..... they are extensively covered by historians.

Enh, I think you are attempting to teach the proverbial pig to sing....

Here in Texas, we sometimes say, "trying to teach an armadillo how to tap dance." Same idea.

Holyspirit213
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Holyspirit213 »

Judaism was really a faith of muslim that was satanism that was Catholicism. All religions were converted from one to another at some point to keep people new and hoped. The reason why Mary was the founder of Judaism was because Judaism circles around you being godlike and the opposite, the same. It teaches humbleness on the outside but the truth of it really is, they bicker just as much. The Mary magdalene having a child and blah was really an expression of freedom to bore even though you are under god. If you think that god is you and you are me, then why would you fight to begin with? If you see god then you will automatically humble yourself to the opposite won't you? Then what springs is a fountain of keenness. That's what Christ means if you wrap it into one. "love the lord your god with all your heart,your soul, and your mind. This is the greatest commandment. And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and prophets hang on to these two commandments."
The foundation of that theory is what it is. If you love your neighbor then you are loving god and vice versa if you love god then you will love your neighbor. It's simple.

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by Suluby »

Holyspirit213 wrote: Judaism was really a faith of muslim that was satanism that was Catholicism. All religions were converted from one to another at some point to keep people new and hoped. The reason why Mary was the founder of Judaism was because Judaism circles around you being godlike and the opposite, the same. It teaches humbleness on the outside but the truth of it really is, they bicker just as much. The Mary magdalene having a child and blah was really an expression of freedom to bore even though you are under god. If you think that god is you and you are me, then why would you fight to begin with? If you see god then you will automatically humble yourself to the opposite won't you? Then what springs is a fountain of keenness. That's what Christ means if you wrap it into one. "love the lord your god with all your heart,your soul, and your mind. This is the greatest commandment. And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and prophets hang on to these two commandments."
The foundation of that theory is what it is. If you love your neighbor then you are loving god and vice versa if you love god then you will love your neighbor. It's simple.

I don't have an iota of an inkling of clue as to what you are trying to express.

But so many of your basic premises are incorrect that whatever you are building will be unstable.

Holyspirit213
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Holyspirit213 »

So what I am trying to say is that one religion copied another religion in one form or another. That's all.

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by Suluby »

Holyspirit213 wrote: So what I am trying to say is that one religion copied another religion in one form or another. That's all.
The problem is that that is not really what you said, and that you twist or just ignore the facts when you arrive at your whacky conclusions.

You said, “Judaism was really a faith of muslim that was satanism that was Catholicism.�

You are saying that Judaism copied Islam (which, according to you, is satanic) which copied Catholicism. You will have to explain how it is possible that what came first copied from what did not exist when it started. The whole idea is utter nonsense!

Then you said: “The reason why Mary was the founder of Judaism was because Judaism circles around you being godlike and the opposite, the same.�

Neither Mary – Magdalene or Jesus’ mother – is the founder of Judaism. Judaism existed loooooong before either of them was a mere gleam in their fathers’ eyes.

As for the rest of that statement …… it just doesn’t make any sense at all! I can only ask, “What the heck are you talking about???? Then you ramble on about Mary Magdalene having a child. Did you get that from Dan Brown?

Then you said: “And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and prophets hang on to these two commandments."

Do you have any idea where Jesus heard that ….. because he didn’t make it up! Jesus got that from someone who came before him. Hillel the Elder (born Babylon traditionally c.110 BCE, died 10 CE) was approached by a potential convert who said, “I want to learn the Torah while standing on one foot� and Hillel replied, �What is hateful to you, do not do to others. The rest is commentary. Go and learn!� Jesus was just repeating what he had been taught.

Yes, there was copying ……. But you have it backwards. What came before is copied by what follows it. What came first did not copy from what follows it.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~Oscar Wilde