To discuss Jewish topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Dario
Student

Jews and the Trinity

Post #1

Post by Dario »

Hello

I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural.

I have heard that it is plural of majesty." can you give me an example found in the Tanach

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 11:7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Greetings

cnorman18

Re: Jews and the Trinity

Post #2

Post by cnorman18 »

Dario wrote: Hello

I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural.

I have heard that it is plural of majesty." can you give me an example found in the Tanach

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 11:7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Greetings
You say you want to know, but it seems clear from the title of this thread that you are posting an argument with a specific agenda in mind.

Pick up a Jewish Study Bible. This subforum isn't intended to be a place where Christians can come to show Jews why we are wrong and ought to change our teachings and beliefs.

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Re: Jews and the Trinity

Post #3

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

cnorman18 wrote:
Dario wrote: I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural. ...
You say you want to know, but it seems clear from the title of this thread that you are posting an argument with a specific agenda in mind. Pick up a Jewish Study Bible. ...
Or Plaut or Etz Hayim or Alter or Fox or ... Sometimes people are so transparent.