I begin with these words

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

TheWordIsOne
Student

I begin with these words

Post #1

Post by TheWordIsOne »

Greeting :D
I was asked how did Christ come?
This was my answer

In 1 John 5:7-9 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

In John 16:12-15, I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truths; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Then in 1John 4:6, We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

In John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus the Christ.

a Note
That which is born of the flesh is flesh. John 3:6

This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is truth. 1 John 5:6
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one. 1 John 5:8
But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. John 19:34; See Zech 12: 10.

Mattathias
Student

Re: I begin with these words

Post #2

Post by Mattathias »

That’s an interesting approach. I think if I had been asked the question that was posed to you I probably would have answered by either quoting or alluding to the birth narratives in Matthew 1 and Luke 1.
The hound of Jewish monotheism

WebersHome
Guru

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

John 1:14 . . And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us

It's not all that difficult to show the Word's existence as human life began with Adam.
_

TheWordIsOne
Student

Post #4

Post by TheWordIsOne »

[Replying to Mattathias in post #2]

greeting
I live to love
How about this
Proverbs say :?:
Proverbs 25:2-3 (KJV) It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.
The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Then in Corinthians, it said :?:
1 Corinthians 2:11 (NKJV) For what man knows the things of a man except for the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

then in 1 Corinthians 2:10 (NKJV) But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Proverbs say :o
Proverbs 9:9-12 (NKJV) Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you.
If you are wise, you are wise for yourself, And if you scoff, you will bear it alone."

note :!:
fear of the Lord: This is the central theme of the Book of Proverbs (see 1:7). The only appropriate way to approach the holy God is with fear, that is, reverence. The term Holy One is an intensive plural of the Hebrew word for holy: “the most Holy One” or “the quintessence of holiness.” for yourself … alone: You will feel the effects of your wisdom or foolishness directly; you cannot escape them.

For me it was fear, but with great love :thanks:
In Isaiah 28:9-10 (NKJV) "Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts?
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little."

my problem speech defect like Moses :thanks:
Isaiah 28:11-12 (NKJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue, He will speak to this people,
To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing", Yet they would not hear.

my problem :|
stammering lips and another tongue :P
I am bilingual :shock:
In Exodus 4:10-12 (NLT2) But Moses pleaded with the LORD, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”
Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD?
Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.” :handshake:

TheWordIsOne
Student

Post #5

Post by TheWordIsOne »

[Replying to Christharding2 in post #5]

Greeting
I thank you, I just keep renewing my mind, never to forget, there was once a church I knew, asks can you please tell me in what form Jesus came into the world?
I said I testify these words to you
1 John 5:7-9 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

In John 16:12-15, I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truths; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Then in 1John 4:6, We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

In John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus the Christ.

a Note
That which is born of the flesh is flesh. John 3:6

This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is truth. 1 John 5:6
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one. 1 John 5:8
But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. John 19:34; See Zech 12: 10.

what do you think of my answer