Studying the bible

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

doggy777777

Studying the bible

Post #1

Post by doggy777777 »

Are there any non bias study books on the bible?
(or books about Christianity in general?)

All the books I've seen are either "God is good" or "God is bad"..
I haven't found anything that leaves the final decision up to the reader.

Bob Israel
Student

Re: SHEEN

Post #31

Post by Bob Israel »

Bob Israel wrote:
21 th Hebrew letter Shema - Amein

cnorman18

Post #32

Post by cnorman18 »

Bob Israel wrote:
Bob Israel wrote:
21 th Hebrew letter Shema - Amein
There is no Hebrew letter called "Shema." That is the name of an ancient prayer or blessing, actually a set of three quotations from the Torah.

We don't debate via YouTube here. Give a synopsis of the video, including the source, or don't post it.

Bob Israel
Student

Post #33

Post by Bob Israel »

I know that, watch the clip! Where the Jews keep it posted at the door of their home with the name YHWH!

Heterodoxus
Scholar

Post #34

Post by Heterodoxus »

cnorman18 wrote:
Bob Israel wrote:21 th Hebrew letter Shema - Amein
There is no Hebrew letter called "Shema." That is the name of an ancient prayer or blessing, actually a set of three quotations from the Torah.

We don't debate via YouTube here. Give a synopsis of the video, including the source, or don't post it.
So "Mr. Israel" doesn't know a Shema from a Sheva?

#-o Oy!
[center]"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is properly your god."[/center]
[right]~Martin Luther, Large Catechism 1.1-3.
[/right]

cnorman18

Re: reply

Post #35

Post by cnorman18 »

Bob Israel wrote:I know that, watch the clip! Where the Jews keep it posted at the door of their home with the name YHWH!
Yeah. It's called a mezuzah. There's one on my door. What's your point? Do you have one?

There is a four-branched Shin on tefillin. Do you know what tefillin are? Do you know the meaning of the four-branched Shin?

It's pronounced shin, by the way, like the front of your lower leg, not sheen. Someone's pullling your leg. Sheeny is an old pejorative term for Jew, like "Kike."

It's very clear that you know virtually nothing about Judaism. Go read a book or two on the subject before you presume to tell us about our religion.