70th Week of Daniel...

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

Miztah

70th Week of Daniel...

Post #1

Post by Miztah »

Luke 3:1-2 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of
1 --Tiberius Caesar,
2 --Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and
3 --Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother
4 --Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and
5 --Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,
6 --Annas and
7 --Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

This is the most concisely dated event in the entire bible. And the ONLY dated event in the New Testament. Many dozens and even perhaps hundreds of events are dated throughout the old testament, why is this the ONLY dated event in the New testament?

I propose that we are better off to let the scripture define the times for us. In the passage in John 12, there is no textual link to the prophecy of Daniel. The only connection is the extrapolations of men who attempt to figure out the dates, years, calendars etc. Many of these who attempt to try to define the 483 years from the decree of Cyrus to the coming of Messiah redefine the years as 360 days, some say we must use only 30 day months, others insist on using Jewish calendars while yet others insist on the calendars of the gentile nations. I think this is folly. Why would we rely on the scholarship of men when God gives us times and seasons in the text of scripture.

The seminal event of ALL of history is the coming of the Messiah, Daniel’s prophecy is intended to define exactly that. 70 weeks of years or 490 years are determined upon THIS PEOPLE and the city of JERUSALEM. The prophecy concerns God’s dealing with the nation of Israel and Jerusalem and their relationship to their coming Messiah. If we see the first 7 weeks where the wall and temple are rebuilt in troublesome times, we can date the beginning of the prophecy from the historic decree of Cyrus. These troublesome times are recorded for us in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. Then we have 62 more weeks of years until Messiah. This takes us not to the entrance of Messiah into the city in the week of his crucifixion, but it takes us to the coming of the Messiah. His entrance into public ministry. At the age of thirty, also recorded for us in Luke three, he entered into his public ministry. And the fore-runner John the Baptist made no small matter out of this. Why such a big deal if this was not the time of God’s revealing of Israel’s Messiah. This was indeed a Grand revealing, where all the people were in expectation…They knew that the timing of Daniels prophecy was at hand, at the door, in the words of John the Baptist, the ace is even now laid at the root of the tree.

Luke 3:15-17 And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not; John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Why were the people in expectation? Did they understand the timing of Daniels prophecy? I think that they did. And what was it they were expecting? They were expecting their Messiah, and that is why they asked John if HE was the Christ (Messiah). He of course admitted that he was not…but that the true Messiah was about to show up…that was John’s express purpose, to announce Messiah. And he did.

Luke3:21-23 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

So Jesus was baptize in this text, and it is clear that the dating of the event was intentional. In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, and corresponding to the time or the ruling of 4 other national and local political leaders, and 2 other religious leaders, I think that this narrows the timing of the event to a preciseness that only God could have intended. Why such preciseness? We may have trouble with the exact year of the decree of Cyrus, or the exact year of Christ’s birth or crucifixion. But in God’s mind, there are no lost years, weeks, days, hours or minutes. In John chapter 12 we have Jesus for the first time declaring… “The hour IS COME�. John 12:23, & 27-28 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

Not only do we have Jesus declaring the time of his glorification (his crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection) but we have God endorsing his statement with words directly from heaven. But this is not the time of the beginning of the week, it is the time in the midst of the 70th week when Messiah would be cut off. Throughout the New testament God is always right on time, never a second late or early.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Clearly Daniel 9:26 Is describing the crucifixion. Or else, where was Messiah cut off other than at the cross? Daniel continues counting the time of his prophecy.
Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Jesus was crucified in the midst of the week in the language of Daniel. I say this because the sacrifice ceased to be the sacrifice recognized by God immediately after Jesus said from the cross, “It is Finished�. God immediately rent the veil from top to bottom signifying that the way into the holy of holies was made open.

As Hebrews indicates, there was “no more offering for sin� once Christ’s offering was “FINISHED�. Now we have boldness to enter and have had since God rent the old veil. Now we enter through the veil of his “flesh�, “Rent� for us.

So we see the ending of the sacrifice dated by Daniel and God as in the “Midst of the 70th week� (not the beginning or end of it) and by necessity the sacrifice ended in correspondence to Christ’s sacrifice being “FININSHED�.

Hebrews 10:18-20 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

We have already been told in verse 25 by Daniel that it would be 69 complete weeks and then Messiah the Prince would come. So when we proceed to verse 26 we are told that AFTER the 69 weeks Messiah will be cut off. After 69-comes 70. We know that Messiah was cut off 3-1/2 years (or half of a prophetic week) after the 69th week ended. So he was cut off in the midst of the 70th week. Remember that this is a prophecy that is specifically intended for the people of Israel and the city of Jerusalem. “Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city�. With that in mind, what occurred 3-1/2 years AFTER Messiah was cut off is very instructive.

Acts 10:1-5 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:

Here we see that a Gentile was addressed by God in a vision. Why would God go to a gentile man if he was not finished with the Jews. The gospel went first to the Jews and then to the gentiles. I think that it is absolutely amazing that this occurred 3-1/2 years after the cutting off of Messiah. The timing on this is uncanny. How would God have described it any better if he intended to illustrate for us the events of the 70th week?

Acts 10:9-16 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Not only did God address Cornelius about this covenantal change, but he also ensured that the chief apostle would understand that from now on there is nothing special about the clean or unclean. This was a clear illustration of God’s intent to fulfill his purpose with the gentiles.

Acts 10:19-28 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come? And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee. Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Here by inspiration of the Spirit of God we have Peter declaring that the vision of the clean and unclean animals was intended by God to teach both Peter and us that the gospel is now going to the gentiles.

Acts 10:34-48 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Here at the end, God confirms is intention of going to the gentiles by the indication of the gift of tongues signifying that Cornelius (a gentile) had the very same Holy Spirit as the Jews did from the day of Pentecost. The fact that this can be shown to be 3-1/2 years after Messiah was cut off is very revealing that this is intended to show the end of the 70th week of Daniels prophecy.

The Word
Banned
Banned

Re: 70th Week of Daniel...

Post #2

Post by The Word »

Miztah wrote:****************************
Luke 3:1-2 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of
1 --Tiberius Caesar,
2 --Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and
3 --Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother
4 --Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and
5 --Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,
6 --Annas and
7 --Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

This is the most concisely dated event in the entire bible. And the ONLY dated event in the New Testament. Many dozens and even perhaps hundreds of events are dated throughout the old testament, why is this the ONLY dated event in the New testament?

I propose that we are better off to let the scripture define the times for us. In the passage in John 12, there is no textual link to the prophecy of Daniel. The only connection is the extrapolations of men who attempt to figure out the dates, years, calendars etc. Many of these who attempt to try to define the 483 years from the decree of Cyrus to the coming of Messiah redefine the years as 360 days, some say we must use only 30 day months, others insist on using Jewish calendars while yet others insist on the calendars of the gentile nations. I think this is folly. Why would we rely on the scholarship of men when God gives us times and seasons in the text of scripture.

The seminal event of ALL of history is the coming of the Messiah, Daniel’s prophecy is intended to define exactly that. 70 weeks of years or 490 years are determined upon THIS PEOPLE and the city of JERUSALEM. The prophecy concerns God’s dealing with the nation of Israel and Jerusalem and their relationship to their coming Messiah. If we see the first 7 weeks where the wall and temple are rebuilt in troublesome times, we can date the beginning of the prophecy from the historic decree of Cyrus. These troublesome times are recorded for us in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. Then we have 62 more weeks of years until Messiah. This takes us not to the entrance of Messiah into the city in the week of his crucifixion, but it takes us to the coming of the Messiah. His entrance into public ministry. At the age of thirty, also recorded for us in Luke three, he entered into his public ministry. And the fore-runner John the Baptist made no small matter out of this. Why such a big deal if this was not the time of God’s revealing of Israel’s Messiah. This was indeed a Grand revealing, where all the people were in expectation…They knew that the timing of Daniels prophecy was at hand, at the door, in the words of John the Baptist, the ace is even now laid at the root of the tree.

Luke 3:15-17 And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not; John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Why were the people in expectation? Did they understand the timing of Daniels prophecy? I think that they did. And what was it they were expecting? They were expecting their Messiah, and that is why they asked John if HE was the Christ (Messiah). He of course admitted that he was not…but that the true Messiah was about to show up…that was John’s express purpose, to announce Messiah. And he did.

Luke3:21-23 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

So Jesus was baptize in this text, and it is clear that the dating of the event was intentional. In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, and corresponding to the time or the ruling of 4 other national and local political leaders, and 2 other religious leaders, I think that this narrows the timing of the event to a preciseness that only God could have intended. Why such preciseness? We may have trouble with the exact year of the decree of Cyrus, or the exact year of Christ’s birth or crucifixion. But in God’s mind, there are no lost years, weeks, days, hours or minutes. In John chapter 12 we have Jesus for the first time declaring… “The hour IS COME�. John 12:23, & 27-28 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

Not only do we have Jesus declaring the time of his glorification (his crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection) but we have God endorsing his statement with words directly from heaven. But this is not the time of the beginning of the week, it is the time in the midst of the 70th week when Messiah would be cut off. Throughout the New testament God is always right on time, never a second late or early.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Clearly Daniel 9:26 Is describing the crucifixion. Or else, where was Messiah cut off other than at the cross? Daniel continues counting the time of his prophecy.
Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Jesus was crucified in the midst of the week in the language of Daniel. I say this because the sacrifice ceased to be the sacrifice recognized by God immediately after Jesus said from the cross, “It is Finished�. God immediately rent the veil from top to bottom signifying that the way into the holy of holies was made open.

As Hebrews indicates, there was “no more offering for sin� once Christ’s offering was “FINISHED�. Now we have boldness to enter and have had since God rent the old veil. Now we enter through the veil of his “flesh�, “Rent� for us.

So we see the ending of the sacrifice dated by Daniel and God as in the “Midst of the 70th week� (not the beginning or end of it) and by necessity the sacrifice ended in correspondence to Christ’s sacrifice being “FININSHED�.

Hebrews 10:18-20 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

We have already been told in verse 25 by Daniel that it would be 69 complete weeks and then Messiah the Prince would come. So when we proceed to verse 26 we are told that AFTER the 69 weeks Messiah will be cut off. After 69-comes 70. We know that Messiah was cut off 3-1/2 years (or half of a prophetic week) after the 69th week ended. So he was cut off in the midst of the 70th week. Remember that this is a prophecy that is specifically intended for the people of Israel and the city of Jerusalem. “Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city�. With that in mind, what occurred 3-1/2 years AFTER Messiah was cut off is very instructive.

Acts 10:1-5 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:

Here we see that a Gentile was addressed by God in a vision. Why would God go to a gentile man if he was not finished with the Jews. The gospel went first to the Jews and then to the gentiles. I think that it is absolutely amazing that this occurred 3-1/2 years after the cutting off of Messiah. The timing on this is uncanny. How would God have described it any better if he intended to illustrate for us the events of the 70th week?

Acts 10:9-16 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Not only did God address Cornelius about this covenantal change, but he also ensured that the chief apostle would understand that from now on there is nothing special about the clean or unclean. This was a clear illustration of God’s intent to fulfill his purpose with the gentiles.

Acts 10:19-28 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come? And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee. Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Here by inspiration of the Spirit of God we have Peter declaring that the vision of the clean and unclean animals was intended by God to teach both Peter and us that the gospel is now going to the gentiles.

Acts 10:34-48 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Here at the end, God confirms is intention of going to the gentiles by the indication of the gift of tongues signifying that Cornelius (a gentile) had the very same Holy Spirit as the Jews did from the day of Pentecost. The fact that this can be shown to be 3-1/2 years after Messiah was cut off is very revealing that this is intended to show the end of the 70th week of Daniels prophecy.
This is absolutely the worst interpretation of this prophecy I have ever seen. You need the truth in order to interpret scriptures, otherwise you're nothing but an antichrist and false prophet who use the words of God for their own benefit.

This prophecy is about the saints and the messiah of God all the way to the end of this age. The desolation is in the future and there are many prophesies pointing to this decreed end.

Here are a few prophesies but there are many more than these.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

Isaiah 24:
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut
;
its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

Nahum 1:
4: He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, he dries up all the rivers; Bashan and Carmel wither, the bloom of Lebanon fades.
5: The mountains quake before him, the hills melt; the earth is laid waste before him, the world and all that dwell therein.

Psalm 46:
6: The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.

Amos 9:
5: The Lord, GOD of hosts, he who touches the earth and it melts, and all who dwell in it mourn, and all of it rises like the Nile, and sinks again, like the Nile of Egypt;

Micah 1:
3: For behold, the LORD is coming forth out of his place, and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.
4: And the mountains will melt under him and the valleys will be cleft, like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place.