Judgment

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Judgment

Post #1

Post by Skyangel »

Many people think it is wrong to judge because the bible tells us...
Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

However, on the other hand the bible also tells us....
Jhn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

When we consider both these scriptures in context of the whole subject of judgment, we can see it is wrong to judge unrighteously but perfectly right to judge righteously. To not judge at all is impossible since it is in the nature of human beings and also in the nature of God Himself to make judgments between good and bad.

In order to judge anything righteously we need to understand what it means to judge righteous judgment.
What is righteous judgment?
Righteous judgment in my opinion, is to put yourself in the place of the one being judged and judge yourself or let the one you accuse judge you and your judgment of them.
The way the accused then judges you is also the way they judge themselves since you are standing in their place and allowing them to make the judgments.

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

The bible indicates that God ( The WORD ) will judge the world yet at the same time God will not judge the world at all, because He judges righteous judgment not unrighteous judgment.
Psa 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Jesus came to this earth for judgment.
Jhn 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

For who's judgment? Not for the judgment of the world according to
Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Therefore according to my own logic, the judgment Jesus came for is His very own judgment.

Jhn 8:15-16 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Jesus does not judge after the flesh but after the Spirit and IF (*not when*) He judges, His judgment is just because it is not just his own judgment but a judgment made together with the Father who sent Him.

So we have the scripture telling us that Jesus does not judge alone or according to the flesh IF He does judge.
Scripture also says the Father does not judge but has committed all judgment to the Son.
Jhn 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jhn 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

So we have this puzzle....
1. Jesus does not judge but is in charge of judgment (John 5:22)
2. The Father (God) does not judge but is also in charge of judgment. (Psalm 9:8, 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2: 1-6 )
3. The WORD does judge. (John12:48)

According to Jhn 12:48 we have the WORD judging people who reject Jesus .

God is the WORD according to >
Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

How does the WORD judge the world and at the same time NOT judge the world?

God ( the WORD ) WITH God ( the WORD ) in the beginning judges the world (which He created,) with righteous judgment by putting Himself in the place of the accused (world) and allowing the world to judge Him as He is the GENUINE ORIGINAL ( The original WORD ) of what He created in His OWN IMAGE ( the WORD which He placed in the physical flesh of mankind so it could be SEEN and OBSERVED ).

When you look at the man condemned on the cross, what do you see? A righteous man or a sinner?
Those who condemned Jesus saw a sinner.
Many Pharisees saw the righteous man when it was too late to save Jesus from death because He had already given up the Ghost. >

Mat 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

The WORD through the world ( flesh ) judged and condemned the WORD through the Spirit as guilty of sin. The same Word through the Spirit judged and forgave the accusers because they were clueless and remain clueless.
The WORD makes those exact same judgments daily.
Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.

People condemn or justify ( forgive) their "own reflection". When they condemn or forgive that which they hate in others, they also condemn or forgive that which they hate in themselves. The WORD condemns and forgives itself at the same time.
God admits He is guilty of creating evil. Isa 45:7
However God created evil for a GOOD reason. He created ALL things for good and ALL things He created work together for good. Therefore He is innocent of creating evil.

People condemn themselves by their own WORD from their own heart.
Deu 30:14 But the word [is] very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

The WORD which condemns sinners in the end is the WORD which comes out of their very own mouth and heart according to Matt 12:37.

Therefore we are to judge ourself NOW so we will NOT BE JUDGED. Don't wait for others to judge you. Jesus does not judge you and neither does the Father. Our own words and attitudes judge us. The sooner we realize that FACT, the better off we will be and we will no longer care what others say about us because in the end it makes no difference what anyone else thinks but only what God thinks and what we think of ourselves. We need to live with our own conscience. No one else is forced to live with our conscience but us.

1Cr 11:31-32 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

John 8:9 And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Romans 2:14-16 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If our conscience makes us feel guilty, then we are guilty of some violation of our own morals, ethics or done something that our conscience says is the wrong thing to do. If we have a clear conscience we are not guilty of violating our conscience.

To judge ourselves righteously we ought to check with our own conscience.

If we do not want to be judged by God we ought to judge ourselves daily. That however does not stop man from judging us according to their expectations.

We might not be able to live up to the expectations of all people but we can live up to our own expectations of ourselves and live in the integrity of a clear conscience. Not even Jesus Himself was able to please everybody and prove His perfection to those who refused to see it but preferred to look for the evil instead of the good in Him.

-------------------------------
Please feel free to add any comments, opinions, questions, etc.

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.