The family of Mary

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

S-word
Scholar

The family of Mary

Post #1

Post by S-word »

There are only two women by the name Mary who are recorded in the bible as having been at the crucifixion, burial, and empty tomb of Jesus and they are Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Jesus, Joseph, and James the younger of her three biological sons.

Luke does not mention the names of the women at the crucifixion, or at the burial of Jesus, but he does identify the two women by the name Mary, who came to the empty tomb, (Luke 24: 10;) and they are Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James, who Paul tells us, is the brother of the Lord.

Mark identifies the two women at the cross, by the name Mary, as Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James the younger of her three biological sons, and Joseph the elder brother of James. At the burial of Jesus, Mark identifies the two Marys, as being, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph, who we know is a younger brother of Jesus, the firstborn son of Mary.

At the empty tomb of Jesus, Mark makes mention of only Mary Magdalene, who is believed to have been the wife of Rabbi Jesus, as all Rabbi’s in those days were expected to be married, this does not mean that there were not other women there, but only that Mark is not concerned with the other women who were with Mary Magdalene.

It is Matthew who reveals that there were only two women at the crucifixion, the burial, and the empty tomb of Jesus by the name “Mary.� Matthew 27: 56; “Among the women at the cross of Jesus, were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the wife of Zebedee.�

Then in 27: 61; Matthew states that the women who watched the burial of Jesus, were Mary Magdalene and the OTHER Mary, not one of the other Marys, but the only other Mary, who Mark has told us was Mary the mother of Joseph, and as Matthew has already identified the two Marys at the cross, it is obvious that the other Mary that he is referring to, is Mary the mother of James and Joseph. He then says in 28: 1; that at the empty tomb were Mary Magdalene and the OTHER Mary who we now know, is the mother of Jesus.

But it is John who reveals just who they are, John 19: 25; Standing close to Jesus’ cross were his mother and his mother’s sister, (And they are) Mary the wife of Cleophas (Who is the father to James the biological son of Mary and the brother of the Lord) and Mary Magdalene, who is believed to the wife of Jesus and the young sister of Cleophas/Alpheaus.

Matthew 13: 55; “Isn’t he the carpenter’s son? Isn’t Mary his mother, and aren’t James, Joseph, Simeon and Judas his brothers.�

We would expect the risen Jesus to appear to his immediate family first, and this is exactly what we see in scripture. The first to whom the risen Jesus appeared, were the women at the tomb, among whom were Mary his mother, who at that time was married to Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene who is believed by many to be the wife of Rabbi Jesus: it should be noted here that Mary did not recognise him as Jesus until he spoke her name.

The next to whom he appeared, were Cleophas, his mother’s husband and Simon the son of Cleophas as they walked to Emmaus some 11 kilometres from Jerusalem, and again, he was not recognised as Jesus, until Simon his stepbrother saw the manner in which he broke the bread.

Rushing back to Jerusalem, Cleophas found 11 of the 12 disciples who were hiding in a dimly lit and locked room, which would have been opened when Cleophas called to them. The only one of the chosen 12, who was missing that night, was Jude, the other stepbrother of Jesus, “who is also called “Thomas Didymus Jude.� Didymus means “Twin,� whether he had an actual twin, or just held a striking resemblance to someone else, we are not told.

Cleophas, standing at the open door, then says to the 11, which included Simon Peter and Simon the patriot, “He has risen, He appeared to Simon, who had to have been, Simon the son of Cleophas. Just then they saw in the darkness, the form of a man, who they recognised as Jesus.

Why do we seem to know nothing of Joseph the biological son of Mary?

S-word
Scholar

Post #11

Post by S-word »

Keef wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: It is precisely because I am very familiar with the bible that I asked for your references. The bible writers themselsves often sited their sources and more often than said exactly who they were quoting when they did. This is because they WERE men of faith for whom this was not a difficult request.
I fear you are banging your head against a brick wall here. What is being quoted is not from the Bible as you and I know it.
Ah Haah, now we begin to see from where your false beliefs originate. You know the Bible as the Jehovah's witness’ know it. So you reject the truth of scripture as revealed by the spirit that Jesus sent into the world, in favour of the interpretation of the bible according to the Jehovah's witness's.

Well you're to young to have believed their prophecy that the world was going to end in 1928, but you must have believed their prophecy that the battle of Armageddon, was to occur in 1975, what happened there old mate? As 1928 came and went, proving that the body of the JW's was a false prophet, and 1975 came and went, confirming that it is definitely a false prophet, and yet you still believe the bible as they do.

They also believed that each of the six creative days was one thousand years long, and believed that there was no such thing as evolution, which put them on the spot when asked how plants, which were created, "as we see them today" (Because they couldn’t evolve) survived for a thousand years without sunlight.

But then they would come up with the lame answer that it was on the very last day of the third period of one thousand years, that God created all the plants as we know them today, and the very next day, which was the beginning of the fourth period of one thousand years, God created the sun and the moon.

But then when it was pointed out that there are multitudes upon mulitudes of plants, that can be pollinated by one specific insect or bird only, and no other, which weren’t created until the fifth period of one thousand years, they would have to run back to their Kingdom Hall to seek advice from their elders, who would then put the name of the one who posed this question to their gullible child, up on the Kingdom Hall board, as a GOAT, who was not to be visited. Can’t have the gullible beginning to think for themselves can we.

Ah well, you continue to believe that Bible as they do, myself, I will continue to be guided by the spirit of my lord, and not by the so-called academics of this world, who attempt to support their old crumbling belief which is about to come crashing down on their heads, i.e. the unbiblical virgin birth of our chosen King and high priest, Jesus who we once knew as a human being, born of the flesh as are all the descendants of Adam, who was crowned with glory and is now incontestably divine and sits in the throne of Godhead to the most high in the creation, and invites we, who, like himself, are able to win the victory over this world, to sit beside him in the throne of His Father and Our Father, of his God and our God.

But this is not what you, who have failed to allow the spirit to guide you, believe from all that your academic theologians, who were spawned by the spirit of the anti-christ, which refuses to acknowledge that Jesus came as a human being, tell you that the bible says.

Keef
Student

Post #12

Post by Keef »

I'm not sure who you're talking to there, S-word, but if it's me, you're wrong about how I interpret the Bible. The rest of what you wrote is, therefore, rhubarb.

S-word
Scholar

Post #13

Post by S-word »

Keef wrote:I'm not sure who you're talking to there, S-word, but if it's me, you're wrong about how I interpret the Bible. The rest of what you wrote is, therefore, rhubarb.
What? Don't tell us all who read this post that you are now recanting your previous statement that you know the bible as does Jehovah's witness?

You don't even beleive the bible as taught by your own church of England, whose preferred bible it the King James version, which states in Luke 6: 16; and Acts 1: 13; that Jude is the (BROTHER) of James, the brother of the Lord, who is the son of Alpheaus.

Keef
Student

Post #14

Post by Keef »

S-word wrote:You don't even beleive the bible as taught by your own church of England, whose preferred bible it the King James version...
As I have said elsewhere: sorry, wrong. On both counts.
The Authorised Version is based on a limited selection of texts and is not the preferred version here. It hasn't been for a long time. It is still "authorised" but very very few churches still use it. Mine certainly doesn't.

Farewell.

S-word
Scholar

Post #15

Post by S-word »

Keef wrote:
S-word wrote:You don't even beleive the bible as taught by your own church of England, whose preferred bible it the King James version...
As I have said elsewhere: sorry, wrong. On both counts.
The Authorised Version is based on a limited selection of texts and is not the preferred version here. It hasn't been for a long time. It is still "authorised" but very very few churches still use it. Mine certainly doesn't.

Farewell.
"Farewell!" Haven't we heard that somewhere before? See you later mate.

Autumn Leaf
Student

Family tree of Jesus, it-s divine!

Post #16

Post by Autumn Leaf »

Did you know that the family tree of Jesus is divine and it has been shown to be divine, see http://kotisivu.dnainternet.fi/esa08/family-tree.html

The Tongue
Under Probation

Re: Family tree of Jesus, it-s divine!

Post #17

Post by The Tongue »

Autumn Leaf wrote: Did you know that the family tree of Jesus is divine and it has been shown to be divine, see http://kotisivu.dnainternet.fi/esa08/family-tree.html

Don't bother presenting links, I don't open them, if you have something to say, then YOU say it, otherwise, forget it.

The great grandfather of the biblical Jesus was Yehoshua/Jesus III, who was the high priest in Jerusalem from 36 to 23 BC. The sonless Yehoshua, had three daughters, Joanna, Elizabeth (The mother of John the Baptist) and Anna/Hanna. Knowing that his Zadokian lineage would become extinct unless his daughters were placed with future husbands according to the Torah, he married them off to the elite of Israel.

Hanna/Anna, was betrothed to Alexander Helios (Heli) a Macedonian Jew, of the tribe of Judah through Nathan the Levite an adopted son of David, and Alexander Helios is thought by some, to be the twin brother of Herod’s young Jewish wife Cleopatra, a Macedonian Jewess.

Heli, was a descendant of Nathan the priest who was the biological son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite, who became a member of the tribe of Levi by his marriage to Bathsheba the daughter of Ammiel, the son of Oded-Edom, who was a descendant of Moses from the house of Levi through his second wife the daughter of Hobab the Kennite one of the two fathers-in-law to Moses.

The Talmud states, "Whoever brings up an orphan in his home is regarded...as though the child had been born to him." (Sanhedrin 119b).� In other words, the adopted child is to be treated as a child born to the father of that house. The sons of Heli the descendant of Nathan the adopted son of David, had a legal claim to the throne of David.

Heli, had previously sired a son, who we know by the name “Joseph the Levite from Cyprus,� and Heli was to later sire the child Mary to Hanna the daughter of the high priest Yehoshua III.

Yehoshua, the great grandfather of Jesus is said to have died 3 years before Mary the daughter of “Hanna and Heli� was born. If it was his death that ended his period as high priest in Jerusalem in the year of 23 BC, this would mean that Mary was born in 20 BC, and was 7 years old when her father Heli was murdered in 13 BC at the command of Herod the Great, as he was a legal heir to the Davidic throne and a threat to Herod.

After the death of her Father (Heli) it is said that Mary was then raised in Nazareth under the protection of the Jewish Zealots, who wished to over-throw the Roman occupation and establish an heir of David in the throne of Israel.

Jesus was born the year of 6 BC, this would make Mary about 14/15 years old, when she gave birth to Jesus, who was born in 6 BC as the biological son of her half brother "Joseph the son of Heli." This was two years before the death of Herod the Great in April of 4 BC.

After bearing a child to Joseph ben Jacob, who had no sexual contact with Mary until after she had given birth to the first of her three biological sons, it would appear, that Joseph ben Jacob then divorced her and Raised his name-sake child (Joseph the half brother of Jesus) himself, in the town of Arimathea.

This Joseph the son of Jacob, was a descendant of Jehoiachin of whom the Lord said in Jeremiah 22: 30; “This man is condemned to lose his children, to be a man who will never succeed. He will have no descendants who will rule in Judah as David’s successors. I the Lord have spoken.� Jesus had no legal claim to the throne of David through this man, who is about the 24th in the line of descent from Solomon the step brother to Nathan who were both born from the womb of Bathseheba, and Joseph ben Jacob, had no sexual relations with Mary until after she had given birth to Jesus, the son of her half brother Joseph ben Heli.

Mary then married Cleophas/Alpheaus the carpenter, who was the father of James the younger of Mary’s three biological sons, which means that Mary was about 47 years old when Jesus, the first of her three biological sons was crucified.

As James the brother of the Lord was a young man himself when Jesus began his ministry, we must assume that Mary was married to Alpheaus/Cleophas when Jesus was a young child and Alpheaus may have been the male parent of Jesus, who, with Mary his mother, searched for him for three days, only to find him in the temple confounding the Jewish authorities with his knowledge of the scriptures.

Simeon, one of the brothers of Jesus, who succeeded James the brother of the Lord to the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision in Jerusalem, was the son of Cleophas to a previous marriage, as was Judas the son of Alpheaus, another brother of Jesus. Cleophas and Alpheaus, which both names mean, “Of a renown father,� are one and the same person. Cleophas the male abbreviation of the female Cleopatra, a Macedonian name, is the Greek, for “Of a renown father,� and Alpheaus, the biological father of James the younger of Mary’s three sons and the brother of the Lord, is the Aramaic of the same meaning, “Of a renown father.�

As we see a number of people in the New Testament, are given three names, Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, it would not surprise me to discover that Alpheaus (Aramaic) and Cleophas (Greek) could also be Joseph (Hebrew) the son of Alexander Helios, a man of renown as he was the son of Mark Antony and Cleopatra.

Judas, (Hebrew), the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, who was called, Thomas=Tau’ma, the Aramiac for twin, and is also called Didymus, which is the Greek for twin, he is Thomas Didymus Jude, the brother of Jesus and the son of the carpenter Alpheaus/Cleophas the second Husband Of Mary the mother of Jesus.

Was he an actual twin,or did he just hold a striking resemblance to another of his father's sons?

Knowing that in ART, Thomas Didymus Jude, the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, is depicted with a carpenters rule and square, we must ask the question, "Who is the Carpenter to whom Mary was married at that time, when her family consisted of James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Was it Joseph the son of Jacob from the tribe of Judah, who was her first husband, or was it Alpheaus/Cleophas the second husband of Mary and the Father of James the biological son of Mary and the youngest boy in the family, plus Simon and Jude, who is also called Judas Thomas, meaning twin?

In "The Acts of Thomas, sometime called by its full name, "The Acts of Judas Thomas," 2nd-3rd century CE, "The Apostles cast lots as to where they should go, and to Thomas, Judas, brother to Jesus fell India. Thomas was taken to King Goddophares the ruler of Indo-Pathian Kingdom as an architect and carpenter by Habban.�

So in answer to your question: “Did you know the family tree of Jesus?� Yes I did.