YEC, OEC, or UAEC?

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

puddleglum
Sage

YEC, OEC, or UAEC?

Post #1

Post by puddleglum »

People who study the Bible disagree about how to interpret the creation account found in the first chapter of Genesis. They can generally be divided into two groups: those who believe the earth was created only a few thousand years ago and those who believe it is much older. Anyone familiar with this controversy will know the meaning of the first two groups of letters in the title. YEC stands for Young Earth Creationism, the belief that the Bible account of creation is to be interpreted literally and the age of the earth should be expressed in thousands of years rather than millions. OEC stands for Old Earth Creationism, the belief that the earth is much older. Generally adherents of this belief fall into one of two groups: those who think the days of creation aren’t literal days but much longer periods of time and those who believe that the days are literal but that what is described isn’t the actual creation of the earth but its restoration after it had been reduced to a state of chaos. But what does UAEC mean?

UAEC stands for Unknown Age Earth Creationism and is what I have come to believe as a result of my study of this subject. The Bible doesn’t give enough information for us to know for certain which of the other two beliefs is the correct one.

I agree almost completely with the YEC position. The earth was formed in six literal days and this took place only a few thousand years ago. The fossil record which many people point to as evidence that all life developed over millions of years by a process of evolution is in fact one of the results of the world wide flood which took place during Noah’s life. But there are two YEC beliefs which I believe might be wrong.

One is about the nature of the six day creation in Genesis 1. Verse 2 says,
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
The earth already existed but was in a chaotic state before the week of creation began. The six days were actually a transformation of the earth to make it suitable for supporting life. Nothing is said about how long is existed in this state. Young earth creationists believe that it was created this way and the first day began immediately. Old earth creationists who believe the days of creation were literal days believe that the earth was created perfect at some time in the past and this state of chaos was the result of some catastrophe that it experienced in the past. Either view is compatible with what the Bible tells us.

The second possible error of young earth creationists is the interpretation of Genesis 1:14-16.
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.� And it was so. And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
Many people think that this describe the creation of the sun, moon, and stars but that isn’t necessarily the case. It only says that God lights in the sky, not that he created the bodies that were the source of those lights. It is possible that the lights appeared because he did create the sources at this time, but there is another possibility. We have all known times when clouds made it impossible to see the sun but there was still plenty of light. It is possible that this condition existed on the earth prior to this time and God simply removed the clouds so the sun and moon could be seen. The Bible doesn’t give us enough information to enable us to determine which of these explanations is true.

In interpreting the creation account we need to keep in mind Psalm 115:16:
The heavens are the LORD’s heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man.
Since the earth is the only part of creation that is given to us there is no reason for us to know anything about how God created the rest of the universe or what happened on the earth before the time God began to prepare it to be our home.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by The Tongue »

[theophilus40 wrote].......People who study the Bible disagree about how to interpret the creation account found in the first chapter of Genesis. They can generally be divided into two groups: those who believe the earth was created only a few thousand years ago and those who believe it is much older. Anyone familiar with this controversy will know the meaning of the first two groups of letters in the title. YEC stands for Young Earth Creationism, the belief that the Bible account of creation is to be interpreted literally and the age of the earth should be expressed in thousands of years rather than millions. OEC stands for Old Earth Creationism, the belief that the earth is much older. Generally adherents of this belief fall into one of two groups: those who think the days of creation aren’t literal days but much longer periods of time and those who believe that the days are literal but that what is described isn’t the actual creation of the earth but its restoration after it had been reduced to a state of chaos. But what does UAEC mean?

[The Tongue’s Response].......I belong to the OEC, which stands for Old Earth Creationism, the belief that the earth is much older and I belong to the groups of those who know that the days of creation aren’t literal days but much longer periods of time

[theophilus40 wrote].......I agree almost completely with the YEC position. The earth was formed in six literal days and this took place only a few thousand years ago. The fossil record which many people point to as evidence that all life developed over millions of years by a process of evolution is in fact one of the results of the world wide flood which took place during Noah’s life. But there are two YEC beliefs which I believe might be wrong.

[The Tongue’s Response].......And I believe that your concept of the YEC is totally wrong

[theophilus40 wrote].......One is about the nature of the six day creation in Genesis 1. Verse 2 says,

Quote Genesis 1: “The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.�

[theophilus40 wrote]....... [theophilus40 wrote].......The earth already existed but was in a chaotic state before the week of creation began. The six days were actually a transformation of the earth to make it suitable for supporting life. Nothing is said about how long is existed in this state. Young earth creationists believe that it was created this way and the first day began immediately. Old earth creationists who believe the days of creation were literal days believe that the earth was created perfect at some time in the past and this state of chaos was the result of some catastrophe that it experienced in the past. Either view is compatible with what the Bible tells us.

[The Tongue’s Response].......The catastrophic event that you refer to, was not a catastrophic event at all, but was in accordance with the natural order of the universe, which is all that exists and which eternally oscillates between its two states of visible matter in this three dimensional world, and its other state of invisible energy within the inner dimension that co-exists within this three dimensional world, which is the Kingdom of God that exists with you.

Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.� ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

[theophilus40 wrote].......The second possible error of young earth creationists is the interpretation of Genesis 1:14-16.

Quote Genesis 1: 14-16; “And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.� And it was so. And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars�

[theophilus40 wrote].......Many people think that this describe the creation of the sun, moon, and stars but that isn’t necessarily the case. It only says that God lights in the sky, not that he created the bodies that were the source of those lights. It is possible that the lights appeared because he did create the sources at this time, but there is another possibility. We have all known times when clouds made it impossible to see the sun but there was still plenty of light. It is possible that this condition existed on the earth prior to this time and God simply removed the clouds so the sun and moon could be seen. The Bible doesn’t give us enough information to enable us to determine which of these explanations is true.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. ‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the generations of the universe.

[The Tongue’s Response].......INCORRECT! When The observer who witnessed the Logos being translated back to a material universal body, said, “Let there be light,� he then witnessed the birth of the first generation stars from which the physical three dimensional universal body would be resurrected from the seeming bottomless pit into which the previous universal body, in which the observer who was “THE LIGHT OF MAN,� had developed.

“The Light of Man� all the wisdom, knowledge and insight that had been gained from the body of mankind, the supreme personality of Godhead to that universal body, who was the Life and the Light within the invisible creator God, (THE LOGOS) which is all the gathered information=spirit, that was gathered from all the physical generations of the universe throughout all eternity, which all still exist in their own position in Space-time, which we perceive as the eternal and boundless Cosmos.

The English word “Generation,� is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth� which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,� or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

[theophilus40 wrote].......In interpreting the creation account we need to keep in mind Psalm 115:16:

Quote Psalms 115: 16; The heavens are the LORD’s heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man.

[theophilus40 wrote].......Since the earth is the only part of creation that is given to us there is no reason for us to know anything about how God created the rest of the universe or what happened on the earth before the time God began to prepare it to be our home.

[The Tongue’s Response].......The heavens (The inner invisible dimension of Anti-matter) are the LORD’s heavens, but the earth (This visible three dimension of matter) he has given to the children of man.

Science tells us, that in the beginning the heavens and the earth were without form (Formless) and without mass (Void), and although space had begun to expand, there was at that time, no light source in the vast and seemingly empty bottomless pit of space.

We are told by our scientific community, that In the beginning of the creation of this universe, (and we all agree that it was created, our only argument is by what “Evolution� or by who “God�,) at the moment of the event that they call “The Big Bang� when the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity was spatially separated, this universe was nothing but liquid like/watery electromagnetic energy that was spewed out in the trillions of degrees, and that the quantum of that energy from which this universe is created, were invisible waves that have zero mass and no electric charge, yet carry angular and linear momentum, and at that moment in time, no suns/stars had yet been created to shine through the darkness of the expanding space .

in the beginning the earth was/became without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

The New international Version, the Scofield Referrence Bible, and the Companion Bible, all note that the phase in Genesis 1: 2; The earth was formless and void (Having neither shape or mass) should be correctly translated, “The earth became without form and void.� The Hebrew word “Hayah� translated “was,� means “To become, occur, come to pass, Be.� (Vines Complete Expository of Old and New Testament Words, 1985. “To Be.�)

Genesis tells us that God’s active force (The momentum of the wave particles which pervades the entire universal body which is no more than those shimmering, vibrating, dancing waves,) was moving on the face of those waters/liquid like electromagnetic energy and God/the observer said, “Let there be light,� and it was so, then came the evening: the darkness which is the beginning of the second day, or second period of activity.

According to our scientific friends, the quantum of that watery like electromagnetic energy, which was the universal body in its energy state before being transformed into its material state that we see today, which quantum had zero mass and no electric charge, yet carried angular and linear momentum, those waves should have continued to separate further and further from each other in the expansion from the infinite point of the Big Bang, but instead, the momentum of those invisible waves caused them to be attracted to each other in the creation of the first sub-atomic particles, which themselves were attracted to each other in the creation of the first basic atoms, which were attracted to each other in the formation of the massive first generation stars/atomic reactors, in which more and more complex atoms and molecules were created and then there was light that shone through the darkness of space.

As there were no planets or other heavenly physical bodies at that point in time, the only way that total darkness could return to that space, was for the attractive/gravitational force within those massive light sources to become so great that they caused them to super nova and collapse into a black hole so centrally condensed that nothing, not even light could escape, then came the evening that was the beginning of the second period of universal activity.

In the second period, the observer witnessed the great nebula clouds, which were the residue of the super nova’s of the first generation stars, which clouds were anchored in space by the central Black Hole into which the greater percentage of the mass of those stars had been condensed.

The observer would have witnessed portions of the cloud of elements/waters, begin to swirl while being separated from the rest of the cloud (The division of the water below from the waters above) as those waters/elements began to condense in the creation of the minor stars and planets that would be captured by those minor stars in the creation of the solar systems that make up the heavenly galactic bodies, which are being attracted together into clusters, that will one day burst into light, before eventually collapsing into the great abyss and being crushed into an infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally singularity, from which seemingly bottomless pit, that universal body=galactic cluster, in which a supreme intellect had evolved=developed, would be resurrected to continue in the eternal process of growth/development/evolution..

The world is going to be a much better place when science finally proves that the words that have come down to us from the very heights of time, are correct, for only then will we, from all the diverse races and cultures of this earth, be of one mind, and one heart.

The evolution of God's Word.

The Word of God can be likened
To a star that’s being ever brightened
By the mind of man reaching ever higher
But those who deviate, they’re liars.

In God's word man's mind can grow
But those outside, they’re like the snow
That settles on the desert sand
And will melt away, before “I Am.�… The Tongue.

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by The Tongue »

With the particle accelerator in Switzerland, do we now have the technology to open the door to the inner dimension?

Of all the poets throughout all time, Robert Service to who I bow the knee, placed Omar Khayyam above all others. Omar with his wine and rose and nightingale, voiced Roberts own pet philosophy of wine and song.

Myself, when young, before being introduced to the word of Robert Service, experienced the most exhilarating sensation on first reading the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. It was as though there was an awakening within me, a whirling Dervish dancing within, as I read.

Ah! With the grape my fading life provide__
And wash my body whence the life has died
And lay me, shrouded in the living leaf
By some not unfrequented garden-side
That ev’n my buried ashes such a snare
Of vintage shall fling up into the air
As not a true believer passing by
But shall be overtaken unaware……Omar Khayyam.

Through swirling waters deep and fast, toward the birth of day,
Through fleeting shadows of the past my spirit fled away
Ever inward I was borne upon the streams of time
Receding back toward the dawn, in the hope somewhere I’d find
Somewhere in my distant past my old friend's hallowed grave
And there I stopped and sat at last, beneath the perfumed shade
Where we talked of this and talked of that and shared our time spanned love
And I drank with him the living wine, ‘neath the waning moon above.
There we listened to the nightingale as she sang her age old song
Of summers bright and winters pale, of Sultans long since gone.
And we watered with our tears of love, the blossoms o’er his grave
Then onward through the mists above, rose another who was saved.
One more has been awoken, one more now lives again
One more has joined the gathering; one more came through the flame,
One more now joins our singing as we hurtle back through time
To introduce “Who We Will Be,� to he from who we came.
Now death, where is your victory, now death, where is your sting,
Rejoice you sons of glory, to “Who You Were,� and “Will be,� sing…..The Tongue

Who would dare to descend to the garden of Omar and bring him up?

In the introduction to Fitzgerald’s translation of Omar’s work. It is written that Omar Khayyam died in the year of 1123 AD, and yet in the Glossary of the self-same book, it is said that he died in 1132 AD. According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, there is some debate as to whether he died in the year 1123, or 1132. It seems strange that the controversy should be between these two date, because from, (The Perfect Way, P. 247) we read, “As the number of the lunar months, ‘thirteen,’ is the number of the woman and denotes the soul and her reflection of God---The solar number ‘Twelve,’ being that of the spirit.

The two numbers in combination form the perfect year of that duel humanity, which above, is made in the image of God—the true “Christian Year,� wherein the two—the inner and outer, Spirit and Matter—are as one. Thirteen then represents that full union of man with God wherein Christ becomes Christ.

Thirteen, represents the physical person, who reflects perfectly the spiritual being within, (The Father and the Son are one) and is represented as the solar number 12 in combination within the thirteen, as shown here, (1123).

But the true “Christian year� should be where the physical being is translated to a spiritual being, which would be represented by the number combination (1132), the physical number 13, within the spiritual number 12, the old tabernacle, stored within the inner most sanctuary of the glorious Temple. A good translation, loses none of the essence of the original from which it is translated.

So, when did the Great King of the Wise, Omar Khayyam die? Or rather, has the Old Tent maker died?

Omar was, among other professions, an Alchemist. The search for the Philosopher’s stone was driven, not by the desire to gain great wealth by turning base metals into gold, but the desire to gain eternal life.

E, Underhill, mysteries. P. 170, The stone swallowed by Cronus/Time, is none other than the “Philosopher’s Stone,� the concealed stone of ‘Many Colours,� (Golden Theatise) “The Mystic Seed� of transcendental life, which should invade, tinge, and wholly transmute the imperfect self into spiritual gold.�

The stone will be a crystal of the same shape as the molecule from which it is formed, Zechariah 3: the prophet speaks of his vision of the high priest Joshua, who is stripped of his old filthy garment and given a new clean turban etc, and a Stone/crystal with seven facets is placed before Joshua with his new clean outer garment.

Is it possible do you suppose, to form a molecule from atoms of matter and atoms of anti-matter, which can be held in equilibrium, a state in which they cannot annihilate each other? Such a body would be able to pass in and out of both dimensions.

Omar My spiritual Mate:

When we were young I merged with thee the blood of youth still flowing free
The bread, the wine, the poetry, beneath the old forbidden tree.
How sweet the fruit that we have shared, across the gulf of time we dared
To stand before each other bared and free of guilt, embraced and paired.

Our love beyond earth’s great desire, a love that burns more fierce than fire
I lay me down on broken briar, your son upon the funeral pyre.
Like rings of onions you have peeled the mysteries that the atom sealed
God’s heavenly tablets once concealed, to me, through you, the Lord revealed.

May he in me, with love’s desires, wash your body ere it dies
With fragrance sweet that ne’er expires to snare the righteous passer-byes
The spark of life leaps ever higher, spiraling up from fire to fire
To he, who with we did conspire to grasp this scheme of things entire.

The crystal there beside your seat, the written formula incomplete
My brothers now lay at your feet their offerings that you might eat.
Awake my Lord, for now’s the time to offer to the world your wine
Reveal on every written line, your secrets through these words of mine.
May you, when for your morning sup of heavenly vintage from the soil look up
Through wine that drips down, drop by drop, know He, who holds the inverted cup.....The Tongue.