To be childlike

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

To be childlike

Post #1

Post by TheTruth101 »

In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"
Jesus called a little child to himself, and set him in the midst of them, and said, "Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven

The parable speaks of Jesus Christ telling his disiples that the greatest ones that will be placed in the heavens will be the childlike.

The Childlike simply is referenced as ones being away from the structure and the laws of the society.

Given per say, we ourselves all have the memories of childhood. Childhood indeed consists of being free from the laws of nature, and the rules of the society.

The parable is rather stated as one getting away from age, accomplishments to be done under a certain age, and plans that come with age.

To further add, its indeed in relations with what King david said as of wanting nothing. Since we go away from the laws of nature and of the society, it is evident one will want nothing from the society which is of materials, titles, and the physical. In turn, going against Satan which is the prince of this world known as Anti Christs or the Atheists, and going with the invisible and the spiritual which are the Saints.

Also, to be childlike and to see another for their behaviors which is raidated outwards from the invisble notion of personality ,Indeed the prabable of Christ is met in this respect as well. In due meaning, dont judge the book by its cover, which calls for impossiblity in nature for the Atheists.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Re: To be childlike

Post #2

Post by A Troubled Man »

TheTruth101 wrote:
The Childlike simply is referenced as ones being away from the structure and the laws of the society.
Is that your conclusion or is it referenced in scriptures?
Given per say, we ourselves all have the memories of childhood. Childhood indeed consists of being free from the laws of nature, and the rules of the society.
That would describe most criminals. Everyone else abides by the rules of society and must deal with the laws of nature, you included.
The parable is rather stated as one getting away from age, accomplishments to be done under a certain age, and plans that come with age.
Or, 'childlike' refers to ignorance, that one should be entirely ignorant.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

Is the childishness described by Jesus ignorance or is it indifference to the rules of human society and the natural laws?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by The Tongue »

McCulloch wrote: Is the childishness described by Jesus ignorance or is it indifference to the rules of human society and the natural laws?
No! it simply means that you must empty yourself of all pre-conceived beliefs and go to the teacher as a little child, eager to receive the new mind that is acceptable to God.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by TheTruth101 »

McCulloch wrote: Is the childishness described by Jesus ignorance or is it indifference to the rules of human society and the natural laws?

Pretty much what The T said, meaning indifference. And also, to provide to others like you have provided for your children and be child likes.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by TheTruth101 »

I edited upper post, guess it didn't show.

So, in general, it is those two, and another and the final is when you do become childlike Christian by doing those two, to forgive another childlike Christian who have turned to be a child of God, just like you would forgive a child endlessly. In all, to forgive eachother.

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by The Tongue »

TheTruth101 wrote: I edited upper post, guess it didn't show.

So, in general, it is those two, and another and the final is when you do become childlike Christian by doing those two, to forgive another childlike Christian who have turned to be a child of God, just like you would forgive a child endlessly. In all, to forgive eachother.

Forgiveness comes only to those who are prepared to make a full confession of where and how they went wrong.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by TheTruth101 »

The Tongue wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: I edited upper post, guess it didn't show.

Forgiveness comes only to those who are prepared to make a full confession of where and how they went wrong.

Yes and children are honest for the most part because they do not understand what "manipulation" is at that age.
"And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." -Ezkiel
"The big bang theory is just a detailed information of Genesis verse 1, and 2."

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #9

Post by A Troubled Man »

The Tongue wrote:
No! it simply means that you must empty yourself of all pre-conceived beliefs and go to the teacher as a little child, eager to receive the new mind that is acceptable to God.
That's not too bad of an explanation, well done.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #10

Post by OnceConvinced »

Being childlike is not really a good thing and even the bible teaches that we need to mature and move away from childish things.

Children are also very gullible and believe everything they hear. That to me is the only real reason Jesus taught this. He wanted people to believe everything he said without questioning it or challenging it.

We should always question and we should always challenge otherwise we could end up believing any old crap. We need to mature and learn to think for ourselves.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World