Who is the Yehoshua(Jesus)?

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

A17
Student

Who is the Yehoshua(Jesus)?

Post #1

Post by A17 »

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Who is the Yehoshua(Jesus)?

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

Who is Yehoshua? He is the Son of God, as he stated many times. He never said he was "God the Son." He came to earth to redeem mankind from death, and to make it possible for humans to regain their position of esteem in God's eyes...so that His original purpose for the earth could be realized.

lafiera88
Student

Re: Who is the Yehoshua(Jesus)?

Post #3

Post by lafiera88 »

[Replying to A17]

Jesus is the Lord, He is the Christ. Now, if you want to know whether or not He is God the answer is yes.He isn't a God ,He is God (not the way Trinity speaks).Deuteronomy 6:4King James Version (KJV)
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. This is an important verse to remember when learning or studying who God and Jesus are. So we are in the house of God the house that He built and became a Son over His own house Hebrews 3:4-6New King James Version (NKJV)4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. 5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end. So if Jesus(Son) isn't God how and who became a Son over His own house.
John1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
God is Spirit and Jesus is flesh but there are many scriptures that show that Jesus and God are oneJohn 10:30King James Version (KJV)
30 I and my Father are one,John 14:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?. Again that which is flesh is flesh and that which is Spirit is spirit and God is Spirit John 4:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.�, we are given a measure of the Spirit but Jesus has the Spirit of God without measure,Colossians 2:9-10New King James Version (spirit 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power (God is One)Matthew 1:23New King James Version (NKJV)
23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,� which is translated, “God with us.�[/color This verse is telling us that Jesus(Son) is God.

The Bible needs to be studied line upon line precept upon precept here a little there little.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Who is Jesus (Yehoshua)?

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Jesus is the son of Almighty God Jehovah (YHWH) but not a trinitarian element of Almighty God Himself.

In fact bible is very VERY clear, and on numberous occassions calls Jesus the SON of God. On no occassion is he called Almighty God and he never ever uttered the words "I am God". The superstition that has been adopted by the so-called "christian" churches was dreamed up somewhere in the 4th century by some monks and once it adopted everyone stopped reading the bible and now they are too embarrassed to admit it makes no sense.

SCRIPTURAL REASONS WHY JESUS IS NOT GOD ALMIGHTY:

" I said, I am God's SON [...]" (John 10: 36)
- - Jesus Christ

"And a voice came from heaven: "You [Jesus] are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." (Luke 3:21-22)
- - Almighty God

"Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, THE SON OF THE LINVING GOD! Then Jesus said to him, "[...] flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, though my Father in heaven has." -- Matthew 16: 16, 17 (International Standard Version 2008)

"You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners. -- Heb 1:9

"But of that day and hour no one has knowledge, not even [...] the Son, but the Father only." -- Matthew 24: 36© Bible in Living English.

" ...Christ has authority over every man, [....], and God has authority over Christ." -- I Cor 11: 3 : GOD'S WORD® Translation (1995)
bible.cc/1_corinthians/11-3.htm

Matthew 27:46: "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." -- John 5:30 & John 14:31 & Matthew 20:23

"As the Father hath taught me, I speak those things.." - John 8:28

"The Son cannot do anything at his own pleasure, he can only do what he sees his Father doing." -- John 5:19 (The Holy Bible, by Monsignor R. A. Knox)

John 7:16 "It is not my teaching, but his who sent me." -- Jesus © Bible in Living English.

Matthew 28: 18 "And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been GIVEN to Me in heaven and on earth."New American Standard Bible (1995)

Matthew 20:23, JB "As for seats at my right hand and my left, these are not mine to grant; they belong to those to whom they have been allotted by my Father,"

"Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." -- Mark 10:18, JB

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Colossians 1:18 says Christ is the firstborn from the dead. However, God does not die Habakkuk 1:12.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

puddleglum
Sage

Re: Who is Jesus (Yehoshua)?

Post #5

Post by puddleglum »

[Replying to post 4 by JehovahsWitness]
Colossians 1:18 says Christ is the firstborn from the dead. However, God does not die Habakkuk 1:12.
God cannot die. That is why Jesus had to become a man so he could die to atone for our sins.

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(Philippians 2:5-11 ESV)
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Who is Jesus (Yehoshua)?

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

puddleglum wrote: God cannot die. That is why Jesus had to become a man so he could die to atone for our sins.
I would agree.