No forgiveness for me?

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

Stygy25

No forgiveness for me?

Post #1

Post by Stygy25 »

Hello I accepted Christ but then I went to the atheistic page that convinced me and I stopped for a few days to complete believe. Later, I realized it was a mistake and repent. Can god forgive me? Im apostate? Heb 6 4-6

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: No forgiveness for me?

Post #2

Post by JP Cusick »

Stygy25 wrote: Hello I accepted Christ but then I went to the atheistic page that convinced me and I stopped for a few days to complete believe. Later, I realized it was a mistake and repent. Can god forgive me? Im apostate? Heb 6 4-6
All this means is that you are uncertain and still open to finding more.

We all get forgiven for our mistakes and our blunders.

The "accepting Christ" is just an obsolete saying from the Protestant Churches, and Atheism has a lot of truth mixed into their imaginations.

There is no reason to look at any of your actions or beliefs as if it is a done-deal and now fixed in stone, because you can start believing some new stuff any time you choose.

For myself I see no problem in believing some Atheist stuff and some Christian stuff - both at the same time.

Atheist say the universe was created in a Big Bang - and Christians say the universe started by God - so I see them both as accurate and true.

If you want a really interesting and challenging topic then see one here = Sacred Scripture - US & B in Prophesy.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: No forgiveness for me?

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

Stygy25 wrote: Hello I accepted Christ but then I went to the atheistic page that convinced me and I stopped for a few days to complete believe. Later, I realized it was a mistake and repent. Can god forgive me? Im apostate? Heb 6 4-6
Nothing you have done defines you as either elect or non-elect. Keep searching for GOD in your thoughts and live a good life.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

MuffMaYne
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by MuffMaYne »

Could someone convince you that your mother doesn't exist? I'd take a good look at whether you really believed or not. Theres no sin that can't be forgiven except rejecting God so don't beat yourself up.