The historical Moses identified as Crown Prince Tuthmosis

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

Riaan
Student

The historical Moses identified as Crown Prince Tuthmosis

Post #1

Post by Riaan »

Of the many possibilities regarding the identification of Moses as a historical person, if he existed at all, I found the most promising lead to be given by Manetho, who claimed that Moses lived during the reign of Amenhotep III (he had a famous scribe of the same name). Artapanus recorded that Moses was the only heir to the throne, and that he had in fact commanded the Egyptian army - the privileges of the king's firstborn son.

Amenhotep's firstborn son was called Tuthmosis (i.e. Crown Prince Tuthmosis), and Artapanus furthermore recorded that Moses was involved in the first burial ceremony of the Apis bull, in exactly the same manner that CP Tuthmosis was (I would call it 'Smoking Gun I').

Manetho also described how Moses sent messengers to the Hyksos rulers in Jerusalem, summoning them to come to his assistance in his rebellion against Amenhotep. They complied and in the end Amenhotep retreated into Nubia with his court and his army. Unbeknownst to scholars, this very same story is repeated in The Story of Joseph and Asenath, but it is told from the Israeli side. Here it is stated that it was the king's eldest son (i.e. his firstborn) who had sent messengers to them. The same event (messengers to Jerusalem) is also described in the El Arish Shrine Text, but Moses is here also referred to as the king's son. I would call this Smoking Gun II.

Scholars seem to universally regard The Story of Joseph and Asenath and the El Arish Shrine Text narrative as inventions (myths), but at least one of them was honest enough to admit to me that he had failed to see the connection. Do my arguments make sense? There are several additional factors to consider, which you can find here.

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: The historical Moses identified as Crown Prince Tuthmosi

Post #2

Post by JP Cusick »

Riaan wrote: Of the many possibilities regarding the identification of Moses as a historical person, if he existed at all, I found the most promising lead to be given by Manetho, who claimed that Moses lived during the reign of Amenhotep III (he had a famous scribe of the same name). Artapanus recorded that Moses was the only heir to the throne, and that he had in fact commanded the Egyptian army - the privileges of the king's firstborn son.

Amenhotep's firstborn son was called Tuthmosis (i.e. Crown Prince Tuthmosis), and Artapanus furthermore recorded that Moses was involved in the first burial ceremony of the Apis bull, in exactly the same manner that CP Tuthmosis was (I would call it 'Smoking Gun I').

Manetho also described how Moses sent messengers to the Hyksos rulers in Jerusalem, summoning them to come to his assistance in his rebellion against Amenhotep. They complied and in the end Amenhotep retreated into Nubia with his court and his army. Unbeknownst to scholars, this very same story is repeated in The Story of Joseph and Asenath, but it is told from the Israeli side. Here it is stated that it was the king's eldest son (i.e. his firstborn) who had sent messengers to them. The same event (messengers to Jerusalem) is also described in the El Arish Shrine Text, but Moses is here also referred to as the king's son. I would call this Smoking Gun II.

Scholars seem to universally regard The Story of Joseph and Asenath and the El Arish Shrine Text narrative as inventions (myths), but at least one of them was honest enough to admit to me that he had failed to see the connection. Do my arguments make sense? There are several additional factors to consider, which you can find here.
I just do not get why this would make any difference, and why put so much energy into such a pursuit.

So what if Moses was real or not?
People did not believe in Jesus when He stood directly in front of them.
The Bible tells that the followers of Moses rebelled against Moses.

I hear of people searching to find Noah's arc as if people would then believe in God if they find such a boat on the side of a mountain - and it is an absurd idea.

If you prove the real life existence of Moses then that would not prove the existence of God, and I can not see how such info could even improve the faith of a person who is already a believer.

Do you try to prove an historical Moses based on people not accepting the Bible version of Moses?
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Riaan
Student

Post #3

Post by Riaan »

[Replying to post 2 by JP Cusick]

It is, in fact, extremely important just who Moses was. If he was indeed Crown Prince Tuthmosis, and he escaped being sacrificed in the fire as I describe, it would mean that Jehova does not exist. What would that make of Jesus?

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #4

Post by JP Cusick »

Riaan wrote: It is, in fact, extremely important just who Moses was. If he was indeed Crown Prince Tuthmosis, and he escaped being sacrificed in the fire as I describe, it would mean that Jehova does not exist. What would that make of Jesus?
Just FYI = Even if the entire Bible turns out to be a complete lie and just fiction then the Father God still does actively live and does exist.

God is not trapped inside of the book called the Bible.

And the reality of Jesus is not based on the reality of Moses, as like comparing apples-to-oranges.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

justme2
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by justme2 »

Riaan wrote:It is, in fact, extremely important just who Moses was. If he was indeed Crown Prince Tuthmosis, and he escaped being sacrificed in the fire as I describe, it would mean that Jehova does not exist. What would that make of Jesus?
Moses was a murderer who was behind the killing during Passover and he murders a man in the street; a fellow Jew for no reason other than he knew he could get away with it.

That is Moses's legacy; it is who he was~~~~~~~~
Who was Moses---?
Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel to murder all the first born.
Moses was a murderer; that is who he was.

:(

Riaan
Student

The killing of the firstborn

Post #6

Post by Riaan »

No. Amenhotep III ordered the firstborn of every family in Egypt, whether Egyptian, Jew or slave, to be killed on the same night, at the same time. The Jews were intelligent enough to slaughter a lamb at the entrance to their houses, with the firstborn child lying there soaked in its blood.

Amenhotep had sent soldiers to ensure that all firstborn had been killed, and the sight and mess of all the blood-soaked people, ranging from adults to children, would have been quite off-putting.

It was only when the sacrifice did not work and the pestilence continued, that the Egyptian population revolted against Amenhotep and the priesthood of Amun (they advised the killing of the firstborn). Moses, who was also supposed to have been sacrificed, then took charge of the rebels.

Riaan
Student

Post #7

Post by Riaan »

[Replying to post 1 by Riaan]

I only read the 'apocryphal' The Story of Joseph and Asenath last year, long after the publication of my book Thera and the Exodus, and was astonished to find that it corroborates, in the finest detail, my original hypothesis that Moses and Crown Prince Tuthmosis were one and the same person. I have now summarized it all in an Addendum to Thera and the Exodus, which you can download here , complete with hyperlinks, etc. It tells the same story as Manetho and the El Arish Shrine Text, but from the perspective of the Israelites.

Can you think of any reason why my logic is incorrect?