Christ is

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

EBA
Apprentice

Christ is

Post #1

Post by EBA »

This study is to show that Christ is much more than what we have been taught by man.

I know there are many that will dispute what I state in this study, but if you have an issue with something I state please take it to the debate forum and start a new thread.

I hope Christ opens the reader's eyes to these wonderful truths.

I'll start with this wonderful truth:

[center]Christ is Lord of Lords[/center]
Deu 10:17
For the LORD (yehôvâh) your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa 136:3
O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

1 Timothy 6:15
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (Jesus Christ), the King of kings, and Lord of lords

Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 19:16
And he (Jesus Christ) hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #21

Post by EBA »

1. Christ is Lord of lords
2. Christ is King of Kings
3. Christ is the Holy One
4. Christ is the Redeemer
5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
7. Christ is a Spiritual Body
8. Christ is the Lamb of God
9. Christ is the Water of Life (Living Water)
10. Christ is the Word of God
11. Christ is the Spirit of Truth

[center]Christ is the Faithful Witness[/center]

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Isa 49:7 Thus saith the LORD (yehôvâh), the Redeemer of Israel, [and] his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD (yehôvâh) that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

Isa 25:1 O LORD (yehôvâh), thou [art] my God (el-o-heem'); I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful [things; thy] counsels of old [are] faithfulness [and] truth.

Rev 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings (the Word of God) [are] faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the FAITHFUL WITNESS, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Blessings.

Blue, Bold and Underline emphases mine.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by EBA »

2. Christ is King of Kings
5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
12. Christ is the Faithful Witness

[center]Christ is Antipas (my faithful martyr) [/center]
I used to believe that Antipas was a Christian who laid his life down in the name of Jesus Christ and I may be wrong but it is my opinion, from speaking to others on this issue, that most Christians still believe this to be true. I do not.

Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

This verse says a lot; The first time I was shown the truth in this verse, that Antipas is Jesus Christ, I felt excited and disturbed both at the same time.

Now, the argument might be made that since it is Christ speaking and he says “my faithful martyr� he must surely be speaking of someone other than himself; it makes no sense that he would be calling himself the “faithful martyr.� It’s only logical that the faithful martyr is some Christian right?

Wrong.

Okay, remember this verse we went over a few posts back:

Luk 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Christ speaks like this all the time:

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

And there is a reason Christ speaks this way:

Rom 11: 7-8 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear) unto this day. (Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. )

Christ's words are still alive unto this day.

Isaiah 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Now let’s go back to Rev 2:13 - even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr,- and look at the definition of “martyr,� the Greek word being "martus":

G3144. martus mar'-toos of uncertain affinity; a witness (literally (judicially) or figuratively (genitive case)); by analogy, a "martyr":-- martyr, record, witness.

In the last post we read scripture that proved Christ to be the “Faithful Witness� so let’s revisit a couple of those verses:

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness (martus), the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness (martus), [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

So now we see that in all three verses, Rev 2:13, Rev 3:14, and Rev 1:5 the word “martus� is used. Once translated “martyr� and twice as “witness.�

Does that mean there is a mistranslation?

No, what we need to see is the connection, and it’s not until we see the definition of Antipas that the connection becomes vitally important to our understanding of the rest of the verse.

Now here’s the definition of Antipas:

G493. Antipas an-tee'-pas contracted for a compound of G473 and a derivative of G3962; Antipas, a Christian:--Antipas.

Now for those of you who believe that Antipas was just a Christian that laid his life down in the name of Jesus (which is nothing to sneeze at) and wish to keep it that way, you can sleep good tonight ‘cause that’s how it’s explained right there at the end of the definition: “a Christian:--Antipas.�

For those of us who might be a bit more curious as to what “contracted for a compound of G473 and a derivative of G3962� means, let’s take a look:

G473. anti an-tee' a primary particle; opposite, i.e. instead or because of (rarely in addition to):--for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.

And the second word of the compound word G3962:

G3962 pater pat-ayr' apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.

So, we have:

Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc., opposite, instead of, because of, in addition to, for, in the room of,

a “father�, parent

And was Christ sent here on his Father’s behalf?

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace [be] unto you: as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Knowing now that Antipas is Christ we must also realize where it is that Satan dwells; where his seat is:

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Many Christians believe strongly that this city is a holy city; they err.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

It was in the city of Jerusalem and the heart of Jerusalem in bondage where Christ was crucified:

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Act_10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

God Bless you all!

Blue, Bold and Underline emphases mine.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by EBA »

2. Christ is King of kings
5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
12. Christ is the Faithful Witness
13. Christ is Antipas (my faithful martyr)

[center]Christ is a Man [/center]
1Ti 2:5
For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Rom 5:15
But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which] is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

1Co 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman[is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

If we understand Christ to be a spiritual body, how is it we can still call Christ a man?

1Th 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Peace