Christ is

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

EBA
Apprentice

Christ is

Post #1

Post by EBA »

This study is to show that Christ is much more than what we have been taught by man.

I know there are many that will dispute what I state in this study, but if you have an issue with something I state please take it to the debate forum and start a new thread.

I hope Christ opens the reader's eyes to these wonderful truths.

I'll start with this wonderful truth:

[center]Christ is Lord of Lords[/center]
Deu 10:17
For the LORD (yehôvâh) your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa 136:3
O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

1 Timothy 6:15
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (Jesus Christ), the King of kings, and Lord of lords

Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 19:16
And he (Jesus Christ) hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Wootah
Savant

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

YHWH literally means the hand reveals the nail reveals.

Who fits that description?
No it doesn't.

You just made that up didnt you.
Why would i make that up?

Google it.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 11 by Wootah]

I know it what it means YHWH (Jehovah) means, I am after all, one of his witnesses.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

EBA
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by EBA »

1. Christ is Lord of lords
2. Christ is King of Kings
3. Christ is the Holy One
4. Christ is the Redeemer
5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
7. Christ is a Spiritual Body

[center]Christ is the Lamb of God[/center]
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1Co3:16)

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

God Bless.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by EBA »

5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
8. Christ is the Lamb of God

[center]Christ is the Water of Life (Living Water)[/center]

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jer 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, [and] hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD (yehôvâh), I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God ('el) [is] my salvation (yĕshuw`ah) ; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD (Yahh) JEHOVAH (yehôvâh) [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation (yĕshuw`ah).
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation (yĕshuw`ah) .
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD (yehôvâh), call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD (yehôvâh) ; for he hath done excellent things: this [is] known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great [is] the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. (Isa 12:1-6)

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life FREELY.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life FREELY.

Psa 36:9 For with thee [is] the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

So, what is the Water of life?

Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:

Literalists might look at that verse and think we’re being taught to be kind and caring. That’s ok, but with the Word of God, there are always at least two meanings; one for the carnal mind and another for those of the spirit:

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

Pro 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Jer 23:29 [Is] not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer [that] breaketh the rock in pieces?

Heaping coals of fire upon someone's head is not a bad thing and that bread and water spoken of in Pro 25:21 are both "the Word of God." .

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:10-14)

The Water of Life/Living Waters are Christ’s words:

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by THE WORD,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Yes, he who believes on Christ shall, out of his belly, speak the words of Christ.

The words of Christ are/is the Word of God and as Christ spoke the words of his Father-

Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

-so too will those in Christ:

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Christ is the Living Waters, The Water of Life because Christ is the Word of God:

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Peace be to all.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #15

Post by Overcomer »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
I know it what it means YHWH (Jehovah) means, I am after all, one of his witnesses.
I don't have time to respond fully so I will simply cut and paste some information here:

Jehovah is not the Divine Name revealed to Israel. The name Jehovah is a product of mixing different words and different alphabets of different languages. Due to a fear of accidentally taking God’s name in vain (Leviticus 24:16), the Jews basically quit saying it out loud altogether. Instead, when reading Scripture aloud, the Jews substituted the tetragrammaton YHWH with the word Adonai (“Lord�). Even in the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament), the translators substituted Kurios (“Lord�) for the Divine Name. Eventually, the vowels from Adonai (“Lord�) or Elohim (“God�) found their way in between the consonants of YHWH, thus forming YaHWeH. But this interpolation of vowels does not mean that was how God’s name was originally pronounced. In fact, we aren’t entirely sure if YHWH should have two syllables or three.

Any number of vowel sounds can be inserted within YHWH, and Jewish scholars are as uncertain of the real pronunciation as Christian scholars are. Jehovah is actually a much later (probably 16th-century) variant. The word Jehovah comes from a three-syllable version of YHWH, YeHoWeH. The Y was replaced with a J (although Hebrew does not even have a J sound) and the W with a V, plus the extra vowel in the middle, resulting in JeHoVaH. These vowels are the abbreviated forms of the imperfect tense, the participial form, and the perfect tense of the Hebrew being verb (English is)—thus the meaning of Jehovah could be understood as “He who will be, is, and has been.�

You can read the whole article here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/YHWH-tetragrammaton.html

EBA
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by EBA »

5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
9. Christ is the Water of Life (Living Water)

[center]Christ is the Word of God[/center]
His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; (which is what this thread is all about) and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.(Rev 19:12-13)

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I’m going to do some emphasizing on one of the following verses to show how I read it. This might not seem proper because it is Jesus Christ speaking but please bear with me; hopefully when you’re done reading this it will make sense to you.

This is how the KJV interprets these two verses:

Luk 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

and

Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Now let’s take Luk 8:21 and put some emphasis on it. Please keep in mind that this is how I read and process scripture. I’m going to remove “the word of God� and replace it with “Jesus Christ.�

Luk 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear Jesus Christ, and do it.

Okay, hold the phones right? This doesn’t make sense; Jesus talking in the third person?

Also we’re told in Revelation:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (22:18)

or

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Pro 30:6)

So the question now is; did I add to the word of God by replacing “the word of God� with “Jesus Christ?’

Well, I don’t believe so.

When Christ opens our minds to what he speaks we will know what the term “word of God� is signifying. LOOK:

My mother and my brethren are these which hear Jesus Christ, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the Lord of lords, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the King of kings, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the Holy One, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the Redeemer, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the Husband, and do it.
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the Lamb of God, and do it.

This is not adding to the word of God, it’s understanding the word of God.

So if we’re shown that “the word of God� is “Jesus Christ�, what else will he show us?

Luk 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it. (If ye love me, keep my commandments. -Joh 14:15 )

Now let’s look at Luk 8:21 again:

And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear (understand) the word of God (me, Jesus Christ), and do it (keep my commandments) .

The point of all this is to show that if we truly believe that Christ is the Word of God, we can then see so much more of God’s truth.

But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. (Mat 13:16)

If we don’t believe that Christ is truly the Word of God then we will see very little of God’s truth:

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. (Mat 13:13)

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural (they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not,) ; and afterward that which is spiritual. (blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.)

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; (and afterward that which is spiritual. (blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.)) the flesh profiteth nothing: (-but that which is natural (they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not,) ; the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life. (And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. Rev 22:1)

Again, if we truly believe that Christ is the Word of God, we can then see so much more of God’s truth:

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God (Jesus Christ) which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, (Jesus Christ) which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

God Bless.

Blue, Bold and Underline emphases mine.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Overcomer wrote:Any number of vowel sounds can be inserted within YHWH, and Jewish scholars are as uncertain of the real pronunciation as Christian scholars are.
I have no problem with this: Jehovah is on possible pronunciation respecting the Consonants. For us the important thing is to use the Divine Name rather than to denegrade it.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

Wootah wrote:YHWH literally means the hand reveals the nail reveals.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

[Replying to post 18 by JehovahsWitness]
Overcomer wrote: the meaning of Jehovah could be understood as “He who will be, is, and has been.�
Do you have anything to say to Wootah on this point?

EBA
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by EBA »

5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body
9. Christ is the Water of Life (Living Water)
10. Christ is the Word of God

[center]Christ is the Spirit of Truth[/center]

In the last post we left off with the following verse. Hopefully we see Christ as “the word of God� in this verse, but I’m going to re-emphasize it so that we can see him elsewhere:

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, (Jesus Christ) the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Joh 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

1Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. (This is the true God, and eternal life).

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

God Bless.