The Jewish population is declining; Bible said it would; history says it is

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

The Jewish population is declining; the Bible said it would; history is proving it is

Ezekiel
Chapter 21
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

In 1939, the core Jewish population reached 17 million.
In 2018, the core Jewish population reached 14.6 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_po ... by_country

The above is a drop of 2.4 million Jews

No other ethnic or religious groups population dropped except, just one, the Jewish one.
One must wonder why, what was the cause-? Some may try to blame this downward trend on the holocaust, but the holocaust does not explain why there are more deaths than births. You must look deeper to find the reason why.

comments welcome; pro or con

Miles
Savant

Re: The Jewish population is declining; Bible said it would; history says it is

Post #2

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 pm The Jewish population is declining; the Bible said it would; history is proving it is
So what?
thomasdixon wrote: No other ethnic or religious groups population dropped except, just one, the Jewish one.

Well, right off the top of my head I know the Buddhist population is declining.
source

And I think everyone is aware that Christianity is declining in North America (at a huge rate), Europe (it's plummeting), and Australia.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm Well, right off the top of my head I know the Buddhist population is declining.
You are trying to change the subject. This is a dump trick & falls shout in dealing with the OP

source
You are trying to change the subject. This is a dump trick & falls shout in dealing with the OP
Miles wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pmAnd I think everyone is aware that Christianity is declining in North America (at a huge rate), Europe (it's plummeting), and Australia.
bla,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,

going, going, gone.,., unless they repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness
:thanks:

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:35 am
Miles wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm Well, right off the top of my head I know the Buddhist population is declining.
Let's see. YOU opened the subject with:

"No other ethnic or religious groups population dropped except, just one, the Jewish one."

And I simply responded to your claim of "No other" by showing you that there was an "other":

"Well, right off the top of my head I know the Buddhist population is declining."

And now you're whining that I changed the subject. :roll:
thomasdixon wrote:
Miles wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pmAnd I think everyone is aware that Christianity is declining in North America (at a huge rate), Europe (it's plummeting), and Australia.
bla,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,.,..,bla.,.,

The Jewish population is declining;
Really!

" About 6.9 million Jews live in the United States. The Jewish population has increased from 6.1 million in 2000 and 6.5 million in 2010."

source

So according to the data the Jewish population isn't dropping at all, as you claim, but is increasing quite nicely, both in the USA and globally. :D

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by thomasdixon »

..According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population
8-)

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm ..According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
8-)
I couldn't find the above quote in the article you linked. I was able to find this however in that article:
From 2005 to 2018, the world's Jewish population grew on average 0.63% annually (while world population grew 1.1% annually in the same period). This increase primarily reflected the rapid growth of Haredi and some Orthodox sectors, who are becoming a growing proportion of Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_po ... by_country

<bolding mine>
Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm ..According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
8-)
Found no such statement in any of the article you linked to. In the meantime, from the 2015 PEW Research Center Report: Religion & Public Life---JEWS we have:

"As of 2010, there were nearly 14 million Jews around the world. In 2050, the Jewish population is expected to number about 16 million. The share of the world’s population that is Jewish – 0.2% – is expected to remain about the same in 2050 as it was in 2010.

source

And

And

"The global Jewish population is nearly as large as it was before the Holocaust, according to a new tally released by an Israeli think tank on Monday.

A report by the Jerusalem-based Jewish People Policy Institute estimates that the global Jewish population has reached 14.2 million people. If accounting for people with one Jewish parent and people who identify as partially Jewish, the number reaches close to pre-Holocaust levels of 16.5 million, the Associated Press reports.
source

So not to worry, The Jewish population is growing quite nicely.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by thomasdixon »

That scenario plays itself out all over the world every day. An entire generation of Jewish grandmothers-in-waiting is praying impatiently for their own little bundle of joy (or two or three) to kvell over. But their daughters and sons aren’t cooperating. According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, “the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year.”
https://www.jta.org/2011/11/01/opinion/ ... snt-enough
8-)

Miles
Savant

Post #9

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:03 pm That scenario plays itself out all over the world every day. An entire generation of Jewish grandmothers-in-waiting is praying impatiently for their own little bundle of joy (or two or three) to kvell over. But their daughters and sons aren’t cooperating. According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, “the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year.”
https://www.jta.org/2011/11/01/opinion/ ... snt-enough
8-)
So why are you using data 18 years old when there's far more recent data at hand, such as this and this?

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by thomasdixon »

Either way, its none of my concern. God was not talking to me
O:)