Jesus' Crucified Dead Body

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Jesus' Crucified Dead Body

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Restored to life as it was, or restored to life as it is now?
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Jesus' Crucified Dead Body

Post #11

Post by WebersHome »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 amBecause God disposed of the body. If a human can dispose of a corpse I see no reason to believe God cannot do the same
Were I the Devil, I would do my utmost best to disprove the resurrection of Jesus Christ's crucified dead body because its decease alone is only half enough to protect people from the wrath of God. Though his physical body's death obtains forgiveness for people's sins, its death alone doesn't make their exoneration possible.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered up for the sake of our trespasses, and was raised up for the sake of declaring us righteous.

The Greek word translated "righteous" is dikaiosis (dik-ah'-yo-sis) which means acquittal; defined as an adjudication of innocence.

People merely forgiven still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a criminal record. Christ's physical resurrection deletes their record so that on the books, it's as though they've never been anything but 100% innocent.

This clearing of one's guilt that I'm talking about is obtained via the kindness and generosity of God through belief in the resurrection of Christ's crucified dead body. If the Devil can succeed in convincing people that Jesus' crucified body is still dead or, even better yet, make them question whether the man even existed at all; then they will fail to obtain an acquittal, and consequently end up put to death in brimstone because records are to be reviewed when people stand to face justice at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

Of all the doctrines invented by the Watchtower Society, I'd have to say that their resurrection story is the most insidious because belief in the recovery of Christ's corpse is one of the essential elements of the gospel that must be accepted if one is to have any chance at all of circumventing the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

1Cor 15:17 . . Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.

NOTE: According to 1Cor 15:34, people that disbelieve Jesus Christ's corpse was restored to life aren't fully conscious; viz: they're like someone in a stupor; i.e. dazed.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #12

Post by WebersHome »

The apostle John was with Jesus the duration of forty days after his corpse was restored to life. At no time did John see Jesus' glorified body; and if he didn't see it, then neither did anybody else.

1John 3:2-3 . . What we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

NOTE: Of all the miracles that Jesus performed; in my opinion the most remarkable of all was his own resurrection. (John 2:19-22)
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #13

Post by WebersHome »

John 5:19-21 . . I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all He does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

That is a profound statement.

Seeing as how his Father was the source of all of Jesus' miraculous powers, then we have to give his Father credit for Jesus' ability to restore his own corpse to life.

Now if Jesus was able to restore his own corpse to life, then we are safe to conclude that when he passed away on the cross, Jesus remained in conscious existence, and retained possession of his miraculous powers too, i.e. somewhere beyond the grave Jesus was alive.
_