To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

somo
Apprentice

Love and compassion

Post #1

Post by somo »

The prophet’s mercy to animals, Even the bird found a place in his heart

The prophet’s heart would be shaken to its very foundations if he saw a distressed bird that lost its babies. A wounded animal, a hungry animal, a sick animal , insects burnt, water being polluted moved his heart, too, and stirred his compassion, yet on his shoulder he onus of imparting God’s message to the whole of the world. How great is such a prophet!

How miraculous is this prophet!

He is the message of heavens to the earth, the message of mercy, the exemplary to be followed. God says in the Holy Quran what means; “you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much. (21)

Prophet Muhammad called not to kill even a frog and he said, “Its croaking is tasbeeh (praising God).” Always with this litany was capped his words” Those who are not merciful will not find mercy( on the part of God).”

Such is his mercy that inspired his followers such as Um’ar ibn Al-Kahtab to the extent that he, too, was so worried if an animal was stumbled in the far east or west and feared that he would be held responsible for it before his Lord; he says” I fear that If an animal is stumbled in the far east or west that I will be held accountable before my Lord on the Day of Judgment.”

This is Mohammed, who rebuked the tyrannies of his times including emperors, notwithstanding he would be moved for a bird that lost its babies.

It is narrated that someone took two chicks of a bird (hamra), which came in panic searching for its chicks. Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him and his house) then asked, “Who has distressed it by taking its chicks?” Then he asked them to return the chicks.

Perhaps people lavish animals with their care because of their beauty unmindful of their being entities created by God, The case is different in Islam. The following Hadith lays credence to this fact. It is narrated that the prophet once passed by a burned out anthill. When the Prophet saw it he asked, “Who has burned it?” When he was informed of who had done it, he said, “Only the Lord of Fire has the right to punish with fire.” Is there any beauty in ants?!

His mercy was not only confined to caring about animals but it goes even more, Seeing a hungry animal would move his heart so much to the extent that he would go to its owner rebuking him for not feeding his animal.

Once the Prophet passed by a camel that was so emaciated its back was one with its abdomen. Upon that, the Prophet said, “Fear Allah with regard to livestock. Ride them in a fitting way and eat them when they are in good condition.”

In his heart, everything has a portion, the distressed among people would go to him to ease their hearts even the distressed animals would do the same thing. He once entered the garden of man from the Ansar (Muslims of Madinah) and there was a camel. When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) saw the camel it froze and its eyes started watering. Then the Prophet of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) came to it and rubbed its ears so it calmed down. Then the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) said, “Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?” A young man from the Ansar told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house),”O Messenger of Allah, it belongs to me.” Then he told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house), “Do you not fear Allah with regard to this beast which Allah has let you own? It complained to me that you starve it and tire it by overworking it and using it beyond its capacity.”
The greatest man to ever walk the earth TheDeenShow #461

slam improve my personality and behaviora

somo
Apprentice

Re: Love and compassion

Post #21

Post by somo »

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a man loved by 2 billion Muslims worldwide. This is the man who taught us patience in the face of adversity and taught us to live in this world while keeping in mind the eternal life of the Hereafter. This is the Prophet Muhammad, whose behavior and high morality are examples for us, that God revealed the Qur'an. The whole life of Mohammed was an expression of the Qur'an. He understood this book to perfection, he loved all his life and founded on its precepts. He taught his followers to recite the Qur'an in its principles and love. When Muslims profess belief in one God, they also attest to their belief in Muhammad as a servant and final messenger of God.
When a Muslim hears the name of Mohammed, he asks God to send His blessings. The Prophet Muhammad was a human being like any other; but his love for humanity that distinguished him from others. We Muslims love the Prophet Muhammad; but it is his love for us that made him a man like no other

. He wanted to enter Heaven, yes, but he wanted too, with the same intensity for all of us. And he happened to cry, not for himself, but for his Ummah (the community) and for humanity. Was often heard to cry, saying: "O my God, my ummah, my ummah! »
Muslims believe in the same prophets as those mentioned in the Bible and the Torah, including Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus, and believe that every prophet was sent with the same message, ie to worship God totally exclusive . There is one difference between the other prophets and the Prophet Muhammad. Before Muhammad, the prophets were sent to private people in particular places. Mohammed, however, was sent to all mankind, with a final message to guide men to the end of time.

A Mercy for Slaves
The Prophet strongly enjoined the duty of kind and generous treatment upon slaves, servants and labourers engaged in manual work. Jaabir related the Apostle of Allaah as saying: "Feed them with the food which you eat, clothe them with such clothing as you wear, and do not cause trouble to Allaah's creatures." The Apostle is further stated to have said: "Those whom Allaah has made your dependents are your brothers, servants and helpmates. Anybody whose brother has been made subservient to him ought to feed him with the food he eats and clothe him with the clothes he wears; command him not to do that which he is unable to do and if it becomes necessary to do so then he should help him in doing the job."

somo
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by somo »

الرد على المبشّرين النصارى - عدنان رشيد

الشهود العيان للصلب بين غموض الكتاب المقدس ووضوح القرآن

الحلقة 3 برنامج ( #وياكم3​ ) محمد العوضي ( لقاء مع الأمريكي خالد ياسين )

فتاة بريطانيا تسأل عن الإسلام ثم تريد القرآن ! ركن المتحدثين ~ Speakers corner

somo
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by somo »

Drawing Pictures . animals in Islam

(1) It is in Quran - The people of (Prophet) Musa (Alaihis Salam) made in his absence, out of their ornaments, the image of calf, (for worship): it seemed to low: did they not see that it could neither speak to them, nor show them the way? They took it for worship and they did wrong. (Al-Araf - 148).

(2) It is in Quran - We bestowed aforetime on Abraham (Alaihis Salaam) his righteousness of conduct, and well were We (Allah Ta'ala) acquainted with him. Behold! He (Abraham - Alaihis Salaam) said to his father (the brother of his father whom he used to call father out of affection) and his people, "What are these images, to which you are (so assiduously) devoted?" They said, "We found our fathers worshiping them." He said, "Indeed you have been in manifest error, you and your fathers." (Al-Anbiya - 51-54).

(3) It is in Quran - "They worked for him (Prophet Sulaiman - Alaihis Salaam) as he desired, (making) arches, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places): "Work O' Sons of David (Alaihis Salaam) with thanks! but few of My servants are grateful!". (Saba - 13).

The first Quranic verse says that in the absence of Prophet Musa (Alaihis Salaam) some people made an image of a Calf for worship. This act on their part was wrong.

The second Quranic verse says that some people in Prophet Ibrahim's (Alaihis Salaam) time made some images and worshiped them. This act on their part was wrong.

The third Quranic verse says that some people worked as per the orders of Prophet Sulaiman (Alaihis Salaam) and made images. This act on their part was right. Why? Because these images were not meant for worship.

The above Quranic verses confirm the fact that the intention behind making images has to be virtuous. Images made with bad intention (for worship) are disallowed and images made out of good intention are allowed in Islam

is it permitted in islam to draw picture for studying purpose Dr Zakir Naik#fatwa #islamqa #HUDATV

Is Painting Haram? - YouTube

جميلة جولى حاولت تنصير صديقتها المسلمة وبعد إلحاح وافقت صديقتها ولكن بشرط واحد

إمارة إسلامية في أمريكا - خالد ياسين (مترجم) Islamic State in America - Khalid Yasin

somo
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by somo »

Drawing animate beings such as people and animals is haraam, and is in fact a major sin.

It is not permissible to make images of these animals because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the image-makers and said: “The most severely punished of the people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers.” This indicates that making images is a major sin, because this curse only applies to major sins, and the warning of severe punishment only applies to major sins. But it is possible to draw part of the body such as a hand or foot, etc, because these parts cannot live independently, and the apparent meaning of the texts is that what is forbidden is that which could live (independently), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in some ahaadeeth: “He (the image maker) will be told to breathe life into it and he will not be able to do so.”

muhammad (pbuh) the natural successor to christ (pbuh) :: lecture by ahmed deedat

somo
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by somo »

It is not permissible to draw and make images of animate beings, whether they are engraved, on paper, on cloth or anything else, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (2105) and Muslim (2107) from ‘Aa’ishah the Mother of the Believers (may Allaah be pleased with her), that she bought a cushion on which there were images. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he stood at the door and did not enter. She said: I recognized displeasure in his face. I said: O Messenger of Allaah, I repent to Allaah and His Messenger, what have I done wrong? The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “What is this pillow?” She said: I bought it for you to sit on and recline on. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished and it will be said to them, ‘Bring to life that which you have created.’” Then he said: “The house in which there are images is not entered by the angels.”

And Muslim (2110) narrated that Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan said: A man came to Ibn ‘Abbaas and said: I am a man who makes these images; advise me about that. He said to him: Come close to me. So he came closer to him. He said: Come closer to me. So he came closer to him, until he put his hand on his head and said: I will tell you what I heard from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Every image maker will be in Hell, and for every image that he made, a soul will be created which will punish him in Hell.” He said: If you must do that, then make (images of) trees and inanimate things.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Saheeh Muslim: Our companions and other scholars said: Making images of animals is emphatically haraam and is a major sin, because this stern warning which is mentioned in the ahaadeeth is issued concerning it. That applies whether he makes it to be used in ways that are not respectful or otherwise. Making it is haraam in all cases, because it is competing with the creation of Allaah. That applies whether the image is in a garment or a carpet or a dirham or a dinar or a penny or a vessel or a wall or anything else. As for making images of trees, camel saddles and other things in which there are no images of animals, that is not haraam. End quote.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (1/479): What makes images forbidden is the fact that they are images of animate beings, whether they are sculptures, or drawings on walls or fabric or paper, or they are woven, and whether they are done with a quill, a pen, or a machine, and whether they represent something real or something imaginary, whether they are small or large, beautified or distorted, or drawn in the form of lines representing a skeleton. What makes them forbidden is that fact that they depict animate beings, even if they are imaginary like pictures of ancient people, Pharaohs, or leaders and soldiers of the Crusades, or like the pictures of ‘Eesa (Jesus) and Maryam (Mary) that are kept in churches, etc., because of the general meaning of the texts, and because that is competing with the creation of Allaah, and because it is a means that leads to shirk.

PEACE TV -THE EVIDENCE THAT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM ) IS A PROPHET OF GOD BY DR. LAURENCE BROWN

المسلمون يفوتهم الكثير من المتعة - حوار حمزة مع زائر لديه فضول للتعرف على الإسلام

somo
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by somo »

أثبت لي أن عيسى هو المسيح الذي سيأتي في آخر الزمان! عدنان رشيد في حوار مع زائر

الداعية الأمريكي خالد ياسين يتحدى الإعلام - مترجم - Khalid Yasin's Challenge to the Media

فتحت الإنجيل والقرآن عشوائيًا - النتيجة غير متوقعة

لماذا من العدل أن يُقتل إنساناً بريئاً؟ حوار هاشم مع مسيحيين

أمريكية من طائفة شهود يهوه كانت تظن أنها

على الحق الكامل حتى عرفت الإسلام

somo
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by somo »

What is your position on political cartoons which are not exact representations of people and animals but, rather, exaggerations for the purpose of delivering a message?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the one who makes images – by drawing or engraving –will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and these images whose makers are given this warning are images of animate beings, based on what its says in the hadeeth, that Allaah will say: “Give life to that which you have crated.”

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those who make images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them: ‘Bring to life that which you have created.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5607) and Muslim (2108).

It seems that images with incomplete features and those which do not have a nose or eyes are not included in the images that are haraam, and their makers are not included in the warning, because they cannot really be called images and these pictures are not competing with the creation of Allaah.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among the people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5610) and Muslim (2107).

someone told me

Thank you for that, . As cartoons and caricature are not exact representations nor imitating the creations of Allah then my work is not haraam.

This is comforting to learn and gives my work legitimacy.

With regard to stuffed toys in which the image is not clear, even though there are limbs, heads and shoulders, but they have no eyes or noses, there is nothing wrong with them because this is not competing with the creation of Allaah.

somo
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by somo »

Christmas and 25th of December
Many Christians are unaware that the true spirit of reverence which Muslims display towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of their faith as prescribed in the Holy Quran. Most do not know that a Muslim does not take the name of Jesus , without saying Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. (Jesus peace be upon him).

Jesus is commonly considered to have been born on the 25th of December. However, it is common knowledge among Christian scholars that he was not born on this day. It is well known that the first Christian churches held their festival in May, April, or January. Scholars of the first two centuries AD even differ in which year he was born. Some believing that he was born fully twenty years before the current accepted date. So how was the 25th of December selected as the birthday of Jesus ?

Grolier's encyclopedia says: "Christmas is the feast of the birth of Jesus Christ, celebrated on December 25 ... Despite the beliefs about Christ that the birth stories expressed, the church did not observe a festival for the celebration of the event until the 4th century.... since 274, under the emperor Aurelian, Rome had celebrated the feast of the "Invincible Sun" on December 25. In the Eastern Church, January 6, a day also associated with the winter solstice, was initially preferred. In course of time, however, the West added the Eastern date as the Feast of the Epiphany, and the East added the Western date of Christmas".

So who else celebrated the 25th of December as the birth day of their gods before it was agreed upon as the birth day of Jesus ? Well, there are the people of India who rejoice, decorate their houses with garlands, and give presents to their friends on this day. The people of China also celebrate this day and close their shops. Buddha is believed to have been born on this day. The great savior and god of the Persians, Mithras, is also believed to have been born on the 25th of December long before the coming of Jesus .

The Egyptians celebrated this day as the birth day of their great savior Horus, the Egyptian god of light and the son of the "virgin mother" and "queen of the heavens" Isis. Osiris, god of the dead and the underworld in Egypt, the son of "the holy virgin", again was believed to have been born on the 25th of December.

The Greeks celebrated the 25th of December as the birthday of Hercules, the son of the supreme god of the Greeks, Zeus, through the mortal woman Alcmene Bacchus, the god of wine and revelry among the Romans (known among the Greeks as Dionysus) was also born on this day.

Adonis, revered as a "dying-and-rising god" among the Greeks, miraculously was also born on the 25th of December. His worshipers held him a yearly festival representing his death and resurrection, in midsummer. The ceremonies of his birthday are recorded to have taken place in the same cave in Bethlehem which is claimed to have been the birth place of Jesus .

The Scandinavians celebrated the 25th of December as the birthday of their god Freyr, the son of their supreme god of the heavens, Odin.

The Romans observed this day as the birthday of the god of the sun, Natalis Solis Invicti ("Birthday of Sol the invincible"). There was great rejoicing and all shops were closed. There was illumination and public games. Presents were exchanged, and the slaves were indulged in great liberties. These are the same Romans who would later preside over the council of Nicea (325 CE) which lead to the official Christian recognition of the "Trinity" as the "true" nature of God, and the "fact" that Jesus was born on the 25th of December too.

In Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Gibbon says: "The Roman Christians, ignorant of his (Christ's) birth, fixed the solemn festival to the 25th of December, the Brumalia, or Winter Solstice, when the Pagans annually celebrated the birth of Sol " vol. ii, p. 383.

Christians opposed to Christmas

There are several Christian groups who are opposed to Christmas. For example, they take the verse from the Bible in Jeremiah 10:2-4 as an admonition against decorating Christmas trees.

The King James Version reads: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen.... For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

In order to understand this subject, it is helpful to trace some of the history of Christmas avoidance, particularly its roots in Puritanism.

The Puritans believed that the first-century church modeled a Christianity that modern Christians should copy. They attempted to base their faith and practice solely on the New Testament, and their position on Christmas reflected their commitment to practice a pure, scriptural form of Christianity. Puritans argued that God reserved to himself the determination of all proper forms of worship, and that he disapproved of any human innovations - even innovations that celebrated the great events of salvation. The name Christmas also alienated many Puritans.

Christmas, after all, meant "the mass of Christ." The mass was despised as a Roman Catholic institution that undermined the Protestant concept of Christ, who offered himself once for all. The Puritans' passionate avoidance of any practice that was associated with papal Rome caused them to overlook the fact that in many countries the name for the day had nothing to do with the Catholic mass, but focused instead on Jesus' birth. The mass did not evolve into the form abhorred by Protestants until long after Christmas was widely observed. The two customs had separate, though interconnected, histories.

As ardent Protestants, Puritans identified the embracing of Christianity by the Roman Emperor Constantine in the early 300s CE as the starting point of the degeneration and corruption of the church. They believed the corruption of the church was brought on by the interweaving of the church with the pagan Roman state. To Puritans, Christmas was impure because it entered the Roman Church sometime in this period. No one knows the exact year or under what circumstances Roman Christians began to celebrate the birth of their Lord, but by the mid-300s CE, the practice was well established.

مسيحية تتهجم على يوسف استس وتقول له كيف تتجرأ أن تترك المسيحية فدمر سؤلها بدقائق

أحمد ديدات - من هو أبو المسيح عليه السلام - YouTube

when Christ was born Ahmed Deedat a lecture debates youtube

حكم التهنئة بالكريسماس - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

Christ in Islam a sequel (full studio debate) - Sheikh Ahmed ...

ولادة عيسى عليه السلام وفقاً لما ورد في القرآن الكريم || الدكتور ذاكر نايك

أحمد ديدات يحدد ميلاد عيسى عليه السلام

:!:

somo
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by somo »

It is well known in our religion that the basic principle with regard to drawings and pictures of animate beings is that they are haraam, because of the many ahaadeeth in which it says that they are forbidden and warn against them. We have previously explained that in a number of questions on this site. Please see, for example, question no. 7222.

It is well known in the principles of fiqh on which there is consensus that in cases of necessity, forbidden things are permitted, so the ruling may change from prohibition to permission if that will lead to achieving one of the five necessities that Islam came to protect, which are: religion, life, physical health, honour and wealth.

Because medicine is one of the necessary sciences that people need, to such an extent that some scholars regarded it as a communal obligation, this means that some things are permitted which are basically forbidden, in order to fulfil this communal obligation.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Rawdat al-Taalibeen (1/223):

With regard to sciences, some of them are a communal obligation, such as medicine. End quote.

Indeed, Muwaffaq al-Deen al-Baghdaadi narrated in his book al-Tibb min al-Kitaab wa’l-Sunnah (187) that Imam al-Shaafa’i said:

I do not know of any branch of knowledge, after knowledge of halaal and haraam, that is more noble than medicine. End quote.

Even if a doctor does not treat women except in cases of necessity, he must learn how to treat both sexes, because a woman may not be able to find a female doctor in a certain specialty or in a certain city. Also, knowledge of medicine is based on understanding the makeup of the human body, and the features of its various parts, and details of their functions. How well the doctor understands that will determine how well he knows medicine and how successful he is in ridding people of problems and diseases.

Hence there is nothing wrong with the doctor studying drawings that show the human body, whether they are of men or women, and there is nothing wrong – in sha Allaah – with using drawings in exams for students of medicine and life sciences, as that will help them to understand properly and learn this knowledge correctly.

In our religion it is permissible for women to treat men in cases of necessity.

It was narrated that al-Rubayyi’ bint Mu’awwidh (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), bringing water, treating the wounded and carrying the slain back to Madeenah. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2882).

Ibn Hajar said, commenting on this hadeeth in Fath al-Baari (6/52):

This shows that it is permissible for a non-mahram woman to treat a non-mahram man in cases of necessity. End quote.

In our religion there is also evidence which indicates that it is permissible to make pictures and images for children’s toys, because children need to play and learn.
In a Fatwa issued by the scholars of the Standing Committee, there is evidence which indicates that it is permissible to make pictures in cases of necessity, such as pictures to prove the identity of a person and the like.

As for making pictures and drawing parts of the body separately, such as the head or the chest, many scholars are of the view that it is permissible.

All of the above indicates that it is permissible to use drawing and pictures in studying medicine, etc.

somo
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by somo »

عثمان بن فاروق يفاجئ زوجين غير مسلمين مؤدبين بمعلومات من الكتاب المقدس

هاشم في حوار جديد مع مسيحيين حول نبوءة الكتاب المقدس عن رسول الله

طبيعة يسوع - أنور و مبشر في ركن الخطباء

أوروبا تحتاج للإسلام - حوار حمزة مع زائر