To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Murad
Guru

Islam & Christianity FAQ

Post #1

Post by Murad »

Here are some FAQ from Christians.
(I will be quoting some of my older posts & websites)
The aim of this post is not to start a debate; but to give the muslim perspective regarding Christendom.

1. How can you prove the Bible is corrupted?
There is confusion not only within non-muslims; but also muslims that think the Quran sees the Bible as a "partial" revelation; and that it was corrupted over time.
[1]It is a misconception that Muslims believe the Bible ‘became’ corrupted. Nor does the Muslim believe the Torah and Gospel are corrupt. These revelations of God that existed prior to any so called inscription were pure. On the contrary, we don’t take the stance that the New Testament eventually was fabricated, even though it is possible and probable that it did deteriorate from its original also, rather, it is more adequate to say that the New Testament upon its very and initial inscription by Luke, by Matthew, by John, and by Paul, etc. was tainted by the hearsay, perceptions, beliefs, opinions, and interpretations of the author. Therefore, erroneous of preservation, the New Testament writings were always fabricated from the very initial inscription. The “Gospels According To� are not the words of God – they are the perceptions of men.
“And We had Jesus, son of Mary, follow them (the Prophets), and We gave to him the Gospel.� (Quran 57:27)

2. Do Muslims believe in the Trinity & the Divine Sonship of Jesus Christ?
No.
Muslims believe in the absolute perfectness and oneness of God. He is a Supreme Being free of human limitations, needs and wants. He has no partners in His Divinity. He is the Creator of everything and is completely separate from His creation.
God directly talks about the Trinity in the Quran:
"People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.' Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. God is indeed just One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. God is sufficient for a guardian" (Quran 4:171).

3. What do muslims think about Jesus Christ?
Nabi Isa(Jesus) is considered to be a Messenger of God & the one and only 'Messiah' (the anointed one" i.e. by means of blessings) who was sent to guide the People of Israel (bani isra'il) with a new scripture, the Injil or Gospel.[2]
He is seen as one of the greatest Prophets in Islam, and we believe his messege was to reinforce the Laws of Moses & to remind the people to believe in One God. And thus he was given the ability to perform miracles to show his prophethood.
To show how special Islam see's Jesus i will quote a hadith:
“When any human being is born. Satan touches him at both sides of the body with his two fingers, except Jesus, the son of Mary, whom Satan tried to touch but failed, for he touched the placenta-cover instead.�
—Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:54:506
Although there is no such thing as "Original Sin" in Islam & that every baby is born innocent and sinless; this hadith shows the uniqueness of Jesus.

4. Do muslims believe in the Resurrection & Atonement of Jesus Christ?
No.
We all agree that nobody saw the moment he was resurrected. They found the sepulchre where Jesus was laid down, empty and made the conclusion that he was resurrected because the disciples and other witnesses saw him alive after the alleged crucifiction.

When Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign of his true mission he answered:
(Matthew 12:40) "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whales belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Disregard now the time factor, which was also not three days and three nights but one day (Saturday) and two nights (Friday and Saturday)
Was Jonas alive in the belly of the whale?
If Jonas was alive, then Jesus was still alive as he prophesied.

The Quran claims, that he did not die on the cross in the first place:
“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.�[Qur'an 4:157–158]
Similar to Judaism; the doctrine of "Original Sin" does not exist in Islam. It is a Christian man made doctrine; we dont believe the death of one person can atone for every human being; the only way to salvation is "sincere repentance"
"O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Quran- 39:53]

5. Do muslims believe in the Second Comming of Jesus?
Absolutely.
“And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.�[Qur'an 43:61]
Also in a hadith:
Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656: Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle(Muhammad) said: "The Hour(of Judgement) will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler.....

6. What does the Quran say about Christians?
"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers(muslims) will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).
As you can see from 5:8, the Quran sees some Christians to be righteous people dedicated to learning. Contrary to the popular Christian opinion that Islam is from the devil; we dont share that exact opinion about Christianity.
We see most Christians as righteous people but we dont believe Christianity to be the absolute truth & we certainly don't believe in a trinitarian belief:
"The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is but a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him! (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)" (9:30-31).

Sources:
[1]http://defendingislam.com/domuslims.htm
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Murad
Guru

Post #11

Post by Murad »

Joshua Patrick wrote:So we have a different view point on how authentic the Gospels are, you claim them to be anomyous authors, while I believe the evidence scholars provide is enough for me.

Matters not, The Catholic Church was around way before the Gospels were written, the church itself carries the testimony of Christ.

Out of curiosity, do you believe any of the gospels authors were in contact with the Apostles?

Or do you also believe the Apostles to drifted away from the teachings of Christ?
I can accept we both have different perceptions.
And i also would like to add; our subjective beliefs most likely conflict with how we authenticate something.

Out of curiosity, do you believe any of the gospels authors were in contact with the Apostles?

Im neutral; 'yes' or 'no' isnt what i'll say. It could be possible; but i highly doubt oral tradition could be as descriptive as the Gospels show (imagine describing an event 35+ years later in such detail with nothing but words handed down)
The words would also be shrouded by doctrines and opinions of the talker.
"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold (Gospel of the Nazorenes)

Or do you also believe the Apostles to drifted away from the teachings of Christ?
Its difficult to know their intention; although i disagree with some of Paul's teachings; it would be wrong of me to call him an anti-christ or to call him a saint.
God knows best; but the apostles were sinners who were made righteous people by witnessing the teachings of Prophet Isa (Jesus) and i think they deviated from his original messege of worshipping 1 true deity.
In arabic this is called "Tawhid"; the absolute, perfectness of 1 sole divine entity whom ultimately can destroy everything (including Jesus & Muhammad); and can create anything he pleases. This God that im talking about is equivalent to the biblical 'Father'.
“In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against God(Father), if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every – one that is on the earth? For to God belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For God hath power over all things.�[Qur'an 5:17]
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Lux »

Hi Murad,

I have some questions. If muslims don't believe that Jesus was the son of god, or a part of god or anything of the sort, nor that he was resurrected, why do you think he will come again, and that his second coming will be significant?

Are there any similar ideas about Mohammed (that he will come back to Earth)?
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.

Murad
Guru

Post #13

Post by Murad »

Lucia wrote:Hi Murad,

I have some questions. If muslims don't believe that Jesus was the son of god, or a part of god or anything of the sort, nor that he was resurrected, why do you think he will come again, and that his second coming will be significant?

Are there any similar ideas about Mohammed (that he will come back to Earth)?
Very Good question Lucia; the second-comming of Jesus Christ can be regarded as the most important event in Islamic Theology.
First of all; no; Jesus is the only prophet that will return to earth.
Muhammad(pbuh) is buried; his grave has been made into a mosque.

Allah tells us:
“And Jesus shall be a Sign for the coming of the Hour of Judgment: therefore have no doubt about the Hour, but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.� -[Qur'an 43:61]
The role of Jesus in Islam is regarded as the second most significant after Muhammad(pbuh); unlike most of the prophets who are dead(including Muhammad); God raised Jesus Christ into heaven....: "God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise."; and he will decend to earth in the future to wage war against the "Dajjal" (Anti-Christ)

Lucia im sure you know the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah; and the Christians saw the 'Messiah' as God incarnate; Allah see's this as the distortion of the truth; Jesus is the Messiah but Jews reject this; Jesus is not God but Christians reject this.
And thus Allah; out of his mercy & love for mankind; sent his last & final messege(Quran) to restore pure monotheism & erase confusion.
Narrated 'Umar: "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophets, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654)"
Im sure you are aware there can only be one Messiah[i.e. Jesus Christ].
Because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah; they will accept another Messiah in the future. But the Messiah they will accept will be the Anti-Christ(aka: false messiah;deceiving messiah) as there could only have ever been one messiah and that place was already filled up by Jesus.

This 'Anti-Christ' known as Masih ad-Dajjal; will perform miracles & persuade the people that he is the promised messiah; he will finally exalt himself as 'God' and demand worship.
Many; Many; people will fall for his miracles & his great acts and they will worship him as God.
Narrated 'Imraan bin Husain': I heard the Prophet say: "Those who hear about Dajjal should stay far from him. By Allah! A person will approach him thinking him to be a Believer(of truth), but on seeing his amazing feats he will become his follower."
Jesus Christ will decend on earth and fulfill the prophecy of killing the dajjal; and mankind will live in a period of peace under the rule of Jesus.

Here are the major signs of Judgement Hour; once these signs are fulfilled; the apocalypse will commence(end of the world).
1. The appearance of Masih ad-Dajjal, Antichrist
2. The appearance of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj (Gog and Magog)
3. The appearance of the Dabbat al-ard (the strange beast)
4. Three huge earthquakes
5. The smoke
6. The rise of the Mahdi to restore Islam
7. The return of Isa (Jesus) from heaven

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Lux »

Thank you kindly for your response. Of course, from answers only rise more questions, if you don't mind :)
Murad wrote:Very Good question Lucia; the second-comming of Jesus Christ can be regarded as the most important event in Islamic Theology.
First of all; no; Jesus is the only prophet that will return to earth.
Muhammad(pbuh) is buried; his grave has been made into a mosque.

Allah tells us:
“And Jesus shall be a Sign for the coming of the Hour of Judgment: therefore have no doubt about the Hour, but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.� -[Qur'an 43:61]
I knew muslims believe Jesus is the messiah, but I didn't know you also believed in a second coming.
Murad wrote:The role of Jesus in Islam is regarded as the second most significant after Muhammad(pbuh); unlike most of the prophets who are dead(including Muhammad); God raised Jesus Christ into heaven....: "God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise."; and he will decend to earth in the future to wage war against the "Dajjal" (Anti-Christ)
Two questions: If Jesus is in Heaven, where is Muhammad (is that the correct spelling?)?

And if Jesus is the messiah, why is Muhammad considered more important than him?

I don't mean any disrespect at all, it's sheer interest.
Murad wrote:Lucia im sure you know the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah; and the Christians saw the 'Messiah' as God incarnate; Allah see's this as the distortion of the truth; Jesus is the Messiah but Jews reject this; Jesus is not God but Christians reject this.
And thus Allah; out of his mercy & love for mankind; sent his last & final messege(Quran) to restore pure monotheism & erase confusion.
Narrated 'Umar: "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophets, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654)"
Im sure you are aware there can only be one Messiah[i.e. Jesus Christ].
Because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah; they will accept another Messiah in the future. But the Messiah they will accept will be the Anti-Christ(aka: false messiah;deceiving messiah) as there could only have ever been one messiah and that place was already filled up by Jesus.

This 'Anti-Christ' known as Masih ad-Dajjal; will perform miracles & persuade the people that he is the promised messiah; he will finally exalt himself as 'God' and demand worship.
Many; Many; people will fall for his miracles & his great acts and they will worship him as God.
Narrated 'Imraan bin Husain': I heard the Prophet say: "Those who hear about Dajjal should stay far from him. By Allah! A person will approach him thinking him to be a Believer(of truth), but on seeing his amazing feats he will become his follower."
I knew these views of Jesus in the Abrahamic religions. I have the feeling that muslims in general feel closer to christians than jews (even though the Qu'ran allows muslim men to marry both jews and christians, for example). Maybe this common ground (Jesus is the messiah) has something to do with that?
Murad wrote:Jesus Christ will decend on earth and fulfill the prophecy of killing the dajjal; and mankind will live in a period of peace under the rule of Jesus.

Here are the major signs of Judgement Hour; once these signs are fulfilled; the apocalypse will commence(end of the world).
1. The appearance of Masih ad-Dajjal, Antichrist
2. The appearance of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj (Gog and Magog)
3. The appearance of the Dabbat al-ard (the strange beast)
4. Three huge earthquakes
5. The smoke
6. The rise of the Mahdi to restore Islam
7. The return of Isa (Jesus) from heaven
What will happen to humanity, according to Islam, when the end of the world comes?
[center]Image

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.

Murad
Guru

Post #15

Post by Murad »

Lucia wrote: Two questions: If Jesus is in Heaven, where is Muhammad (is that the correct spelling?)?

And if Jesus is the messiah, why is Muhammad considered more important than him?

I don't mean any disrespect at all, it's sheer interest.
Again very good questions; and also very frequently asked.
Regarding the first question; Jesus is in heaven Temporarily; like every single creation of God; when he decends down to earth; he too will die a normal death and await Divine Judgement like every other human.

The Messiah is considered a precursor to Muhammad; and is believed by Muslims to have foretold the latter's coming.
Muhammad is the Seal of the Prophets(last prophet); and his role was the most important; to unite the Jews & Christians into one religion.
As you know; Jesus, like Moses was sent to "Bani Israil"(People of Israel); Muhammad is the only prophet in history that was sent to all mankind. And his messege(Quran) is the final & most important revelation of all.
Technically; the reason why muslims say :"There is no God except God & Muhammad is his servant & messenger"; is because once you accept Muhammad as the last messenger; you accept his messege; which confirms all the other prophets.

Regarding who is 'superior' isn't really important; we are all human(including Jesus); and thus we are all equal under the sight of God.
The Prophet himself said:
I heard the apostle of Allah say: Don’t make me superior to Moses
Book 30, Number 5855 -Bukhari Hadith
Lucia wrote: What will happen to humanity, according to Islam, when the end of the world comes?
When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up;
When the stars fall, losing their lustre;
When the mountains vanish (like a mirage);
When the she-camels, ten months with young, are left untended;
When the wild beasts are herded together (in the human habitations);
When the oceans boil over with a swell;
When the souls are sorted out, (being joined, like with like);
When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned -
For what crime she was killed;
When the scrolls are laid open;
When the world on High is unveiled;
When the Blazing Fire is kindled to fierce heat;
And when the Garden is brought near;-
Then shall each soul know what it has put forward.
(Quran 81:1-14)
Angel Israfil(Raphael) will blow a trumpet; it will kill every creation on the earth and in the heavens(including Angels); and then a second trumpet will be blown and every creation that ever lived will be resurrected; and will await divine Judgement from the Lord(including Muhammad, Jesus etc...)

Even the last prophet was uncertain about his fate; as the ultimate truth lies with the creator.
"I am a Prophet of Allah but I do not know what will be my end." -Source:[Sahih Bukhari]

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." -Source:[Ahmed, Musnad]

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Lux »

Islam seems easier to understand, at least on it's basics, than Christianity.

One last question, and then I leave you in peace, I promise. I assume that with there being a final judgement, humans will be sorted into places or ways to spend eternity, according to Islam.

In Christianity, it's very hard to tell what that sorting process is like. The Bible can be used to support eternity of suffering in Hell or the heretics and the wicked v. eternal happiness in Heaven for the righteous, immortal life in Heaven v. death (oblivion) or Universal reconciliation (everyone pays for their sins and eventually gets to Heaven).

Does the Quran say anything about the ultimate fates of specific people? In other words, what is the afterlife like according to muslims?
[center]Image

Murad
Guru

Post #17

Post by Murad »

Lucia wrote: In Christianity, it's very hard to tell what that sorting process is like. The Bible can be used to support eternity of suffering in Hell or the heretics and the wicked v. eternal happiness in Heaven for the righteous, immortal life in Heaven v. death (oblivion) or Universal reconciliation (everyone pays for their sins and eventually gets to Heaven).

Does the Quran say anything about the ultimate fates of specific people? In other words, what is the afterlife like according to muslims?
Divine Judgement is where every action of the persons life will be questioned:
Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!
And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.
—Qur'an, sura 99 Az-Zalzala, ayat 7-8
The lowest depth of hell is reserved for 'hypocrites'; those who believe with their tongue but not with their heart; and the second lowest part in hell is reserved for those who purposely attribute partners to God; whilst knowing that is the highest blasphemy.
“O you who believe, save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones, over which are appointed angels, stern and severe, and who do not disobey Allah in what He orders them; and who do precisely what they are commanded.�
[at-Tahreem, 66: 6]
Islam; compared to the two other abrahamic religions; is the only religion that can somewhat guarantee you will go to hell. Surely; some muslims will go to hell; and serve their time; then God will grant them entry into the least kingdom of heaven.

Regarding Christians & Jews; they are not "technically" "Disbelievers"; because the word "Disbelievers" doesn't soley apply to those that dont believe in God; but those who are also simultaneously "evil".
So when we read verses such as:
“Verily, Allah has cursed the disbelievers and prepared for them a Blazing Fire. Dwelling therein forever, and they will find no protector or helper.�
[al-Ahzab, 33: 64-65]
It only applies in extreme cases; such as those that do murder;rape;massacres etc..
“And whoever kills a believer intentionally – his recompense is Hell to abide therein forever, and the warth and the curse of Alllah is upon him, and He has prepared for him a great punishment.�
[an-Nisa, 4: 93]
Conclusion:
They say, if you want to be guided to salvation, you should either become a Jew or Christian. Say: What about the religion of Abraham, he also worshiped no one but Allah. We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, to Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes of Israel, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to all prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah. So, if they believe, they are indeed on the right path, but if they turn back, Allah will suffice them, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. This is the Baptism of Allah. And who can baptize better than Allah. And it is He Whom we worship. Say: Will you dispute with us about Allah, He is our Lord and your Lord; that we are responsible for our doings and you for yours; and that We are sincere in Him? Or do ye say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than Allah? Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah. But Allah is not unmindful of what ye do! That was a people that hath passed away. They shall reap the fruit of what they did, and ye of what ye do! Of their merits there is no question in your case.
(Qur'an 5:135-141)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Lux »

Many thanks for your patience and thorough responses :D
[center]Image

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #19

Post by fewwillfindit »

Murad, are there portions of the Quran that are to be taken as non-literal, or it is all to be taken as literal? If not all literal, what would be an example of an allegory or a metaphorical passage, other than those that are eschatological in nature, and by what method is it determined which is which?
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Murad
Guru

Post #20

Post by Murad »

fewwillfindit wrote:Murad, are there portions of the Quran that are to be taken as non-literal, or it is all to be taken as literal? If not all literal, what would be an example of an allegory or a metaphorical passage, other than those that are eschatological in nature, and by what method is it determined which is which?
Disregarding eschatological verses; its really difficult to determine precisely whether certain verses are metaphorical or literal; this is simply because the words usually used are very vivid and thus muslim scholars still debate on certain aspects of the Quran.
Most metaphorical verses are very easy to spot; such as:
As for those who deny Our Signs and are arrogant regarding them, the Gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, and they will not enter the Garden until a camel goes through a needle's eye. That is how We repay the evildoers (Surat al-A'raf, 40)

We will advance on the actions they have done and make them scattered specks of dust. (Surat al-Furqan, 23)

The metaphor of those who reject their Lord is that their actions are like ashes scattered by strong winds on a stormy day. They have no power at all over anything they have earned. That is extreme misguidance. (Surah Ibrahim, 18)

The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: Deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom. (Surat al-Baqara, 171)

The metaphor of those who take protectors besides Allah is that of a spider which builds itself a house; but no house is flimsier than a spider's house, if they only knew. (Surat al-Ankabut, 41)

You who believe! Do not nullify your charity by demands for gratitude or insulting words, like him who spends his wealth, showing off to people and not believing in Allah and the Last Day. His likeness is that of a smooth rock coated with soil, which, when heavy rain falls on it, is left stripped bare. They have no power over anything they have earned. Allah does not guide disbelieving people. (Surat al-Baqara, 264)
It really comes down to interpretation; and even scholars that are in the same sect of Islam usually differ in fatwa(opinion) when it comes down to certain verses.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---