Allah Vs. the Christian God

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Kuan
Site Supporter

Allah Vs. the Christian God

Post #1

Post by Kuan »

A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

Question for Debate: Why? Is there a Islamic belief that causes this?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

There are those who might make the same charge against Mormons.

How much different does a fictional character have to be before it becomes a different character? Are Santa Claus, Father Christmas and Saint Nicholas the same fellow? Do the Roman Catholics and non-Trinitarian Christians worship the same god? Is the god of the Quakers have much in common with the god of the evangelicals?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #3

Post by fewwillfindit »

The Muslim god claims that he has no son. The Christian God claims that He has a Son. They cannot both be correct and simultaneously be the same entity, irrespective of the claims of religionists.

Abrahamic unity exists only in the minds of ecumenists.
Last edited by fewwillfindit on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Kuan »

McCulloch wrote:There are those who might make the same charge against Mormons.
This is true, I have heard the 'mormons worship a different Jesus' argument a lot.
How much different does a fictional character have to be before it becomes a different character? Are Santa Claus, Father Christmas and Saint Nicholas the same fellow? Do the Roman Catholics and non-Trinitarian Christians worship the same god? Is the god of the Quakers have much in common with the god of the evangelicals?
Im not sure. How do we know?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Kuan »

fewwillfindit wrote:The Muslim god claims that he has no son. The Christian God claims that He has a Son. They cannot both be correct and simultaneously be the same entity, irrespective of the claims of religionists.

Abrahamic unity exists only in the minds of ecuminists.
Yes, everyone has their own different view of god. Yet we all believe in the same god, we just have a different view of him.
- Voltaire

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #6

Post by fewwillfindit »

mormon boy51 wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:The Muslim god claims that he has no son. The Christian God claims that He has a Son. They cannot both be correct and simultaneously be the same entity, irrespective of the claims of religionists.

Abrahamic unity exists only in the minds of ecumenists.
Yes, everyone has their own different view of god. Yet we all believe in the same god, we just have a different view of him.
Please read my words more carefully. I am speaking of the claims of gods, not men. Forget what the followers say and look at what each god is recorded as having said. When you do this, it becomes clear that they cannot be the same entity.
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

sarabellum

imo...

Post #7

Post by sarabellum »

Hi fewwill....

If God can do all things why couldn't he tell two stories about himself or three for that mater....(Had to include the Jews)

Doesn't the christian story dove tail from the Jewish story....
Don't most Jews beleive that there is no trinity?

If the Jews started the story, but as a christian you are allowed to change the story, why can't a muslum...

Anyway to answer the OP...

When I was a christian I was afraid to check out any other forms of thought about religion in a serious manner because I was fearful of hell or screwing up my salvation....

fewwillfindit
Guru

Re: imo...

Post #8

Post by fewwillfindit »

sarabellum wrote:If God can do all things why couldn't he tell two stories about himself or three for that mater....(Had to include the Jews)
Because that would make God a liar, since the stories conflict.
sarabellum wrote:Doesn't the christian story dove tail from the Jewish story....
Don't most Jews beleive that there is no trinity?
I never mentioned the Trinity. I spoke of sonship.
sarabellum wrote:If the Jews started the story, but as a christian you are allowed to change the story, why can't a muslum...
I did not change the story. I actually had nothing to do with it. The Quran, however, changes the story significantly.

This thread is about the Muslim God and the Christian God. Jews were not mentioned in the OP, which is one reason I chose to chime in.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by McCulloch »

Fewwillfindit speaks of the claims of gods, not men. However, I am unaware of any claims made directly by any god, but only of the claims made by various humans who claim to speak for this or that god.

I, for one, would be quite happy to follow his advice, "Forget what the followers say." Including such followers as Moses, David, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, John, Paul, Mohammad, Joseph Smith ...

But without the words of the followers, what can we know about any of the gods?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

sarabellum

one last try...

Post #10

Post by sarabellum »

What I was trying to point out is something along the lines of isn't that the pot calling the kettle black....

In my mind its like a movie....

Parts one, two, and three....

The christian religion would be seen as part two and steps away from the story line of part one significantly....