Allah Vs. the Christian God

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Kuan
Site Supporter

Allah Vs. the Christian God

Post #1

Post by Kuan »

A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

Question for Debate: Why? Is there a Islamic belief that causes this?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #41

Post by Adstar »

Hello again mormon boy 51

I got a link for you with losts of questions. No need to answer them here. Please take your time going through them at your own speed. They are for your personal benafit.

http://www.bible.ca/mor-questions.htm

May you be blessed :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Kuan »

Adstar wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:
Adstar wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:
Adstar wrote:
Murad wrote:Adstar, I'm going to be quite frank, no one likes a cocky attitude, especially when it's disguised behind oblique remarks. Mormon boy has been polite & civil throughout this convo.

If you ask me, the truth is expressed by the followers of the religion. & Mormon boy is doing a finer job than you.
Yeah i guess you would look upon things that way. I admit i do have a peculiar sence of humor. I like monty python and a lot of people don't get their humor either.

Off topic, but monty python rocks! My favorite was monty python and the holy grail.
Did you see the life of brian :D what a riot. LOL

I was in fits of laughter when i saw the EJSS (Elite Judaen Suicide Squad) in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_12E1EN6fs

Ohh you silly sods. #-o

I havent seen that one, I have it but I just have not watched it yet! That clip was awesome, im probably going to watch it tonight or tomorrow now!
Ok i will not spoil it for you any more by posting more vids. Your going to end up with very sore stomach mussles from laughing too much tonight. :D have fun

Brian wasn't the Messiah he was a very naughty boy, lol

Thanks, ill have to update you on how funny the movie was and my thoughts after I watch it!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by Kuan »

Ok, so here is my update, that movie was awesome! I loved it, Monty Python is a comic genius!
- Voltaire

EasternSP
Apprentice

Re: Allah Vs. the Christian God

Post #44

Post by EasternSP »

mormon boy51 wrote:A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

I think the similarities between the God of Abraham and Allah end before they even get started. Islam recognizes Abraham but doesn't actually state the name of Abraham's son who carried the firewood up the mountain for his own sacrifice.
The principles of each don't even come close. One created all things and the other just came upon the scene. God had many men of faith while Allah has only the one. God offers salvation through faith while Allah says he will let ya know later if ya have eternal life.
Allah seems to have a striking resemblence to the Egyptian moon god. Seek God's truth through his word.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #45

Post by Kuan »

EasternSP wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

I think the similarities between the God of Abraham and Allah end before they even get started. Islam recognizes Abraham but doesn't actually state the name of Abraham's son who carried the firewood up the mountain for his own sacrifice.
How does this relate at all?
The principles of each don't even come close. One created all things and the other just came upon the scene.
Source? I was under the impression that Muslims believe in the bible. That would include the creation story.
God had many men of faith while Allah has only the one.
Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet. Muhammed (please forgive me if I spelled it wrong) was the last prophet.
Source: Wikipedia!
God offers salvation through faith while Allah says he will let ya know later if ya have eternal life.
Not all christians agree on salvation based upon faith. Do they believe in a different god?
Allah seems to have a striking resemblence to the Egyptian moon god. Seek God's truth through his word.
Here is a quick read, check it out. Link.
- Voltaire

EasternSP
Apprentice

Post #46

Post by EasternSP »

mormon boy51 wrote:
EasternSP wrote:

The principles of each don't even come close. One created all things and the other just came upon the scene.
Source? I was under the impression that Muslims believe in the bible. That would include the creation story.
Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet. Muhammed (please forgive me if I spelled it wrong) was the last prophet.
God offers salvation through faith while Allah says he will let ya know later if ya have eternal life.
Not all christians agree on salvation based upon faith. Do they believe in a different god?
You throw a lot out there to respond to. I'm using my Droid which takes some effort to type any extensive response.
You note about Christians being diverse in their beliefs in methods of salvation drew my attention.
Supposing that one can fix their own sin nature without even knowing what that sin looks like in the eues of God is gery presumptious. I believe there is much more to our sins than we understand. More than just our selfish acts and thoughts that God recoils from. Just as we haven't any idea what the heavenly realms hold for us, niether do we have an inkling of how horrific and corrupting our sins are that God would have to use the blood of his own son to wash away.
I would think it would be a great insult to God and Jesus to say that we can counter our sins with a few good deeds. To presume that Jesus died for nothing if we could just attend a few charity events snd all would be good again. To presume that we could stand next to Jesus in heaven and say that his blood and our works did the trick to get us into heaven. I would think Jesus would be pretty steamed if that were the case.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by Kuan »

EasternSP wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:
EasternSP wrote:

You throw a lot out there to respond to. I'm using my Droid which takes some effort to type any extensive response.
You note about Christians being diverse in their beliefs in methods of salvation drew my attention.
Supposing that one can fix their own sin nature without even knowing what that sin looks like in the eues of God is gery presumptious. I believe there is much more to our sins than we understand. More than just our selfish acts and thoughts that God recoils from. Just as we haven't any idea what the heavenly realms hold for us, niether do we have an inkling of how horrific and corrupting our sins are that God would have to use the blood of his own son to wash away.
I would think it would be a great insult to God and Jesus to say that we can counter our sins with a few good deeds. To presume that Jesus died for nothing if we could just attend a few charity events snd all would be good again. To presume that we could stand next to Jesus in heaven and say that his blood and our works did the trick to get us into heaven. I would think Jesus would be pretty steamed if that were the case.
You bring some good points but that is off topic. Although I would be glad to respond to it in the right thread. My main point though was that christians do differ but they believe in the same god. The same applies to the Jews and Muslims. In a thread earlier I asked why some people thought mormons are not christian. McCulloch, a great debater at this site posted a response that I think is very helpful.

It is the first response in this thread.

As for your phone, good luck with that! I did that for the first month I was on this site and gave up and used a computer. It made it a whole lot easier!
- Voltaire

Dr_Quantum
Student

Post #48

Post by Dr_Quantum »

The reason everyone has a different view of God is a sure sign that religion is man made.

There is a God to suit everyone, for example if i were to convert, it wouldn't matter that religion I chose I would have to imagine a God that is unaware of cancer...just because cancer is out of our control and could only be God's fault.

Wootah
Savant

Post #49

Post by Wootah »

Denial of Jesus and trinitarian nature of God is the main difference.

Wootah
Savant

Post #50

Post by Wootah »

fewwillfindit wrote:The Muslim god claims that he has no son. The Christian God claims that He has a Son. They cannot both be correct and simultaneously be the same entity, irrespective of the claims of religionists.

Abrahamic unity exists only in the minds of ecumenists.
We are the children of God Jesus is the son of God 3rd member of the trinity. Not really a son at all.