Allah Vs. the Christian God

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Kuan
Site Supporter

Allah Vs. the Christian God

Post #1

Post by Kuan »

A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

Question for Debate: Why? Is there a Islamic belief that causes this?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Wootah
Savant

Post #51

Post by Wootah »

mormon boy51 wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:The Muslim god claims that he has no son. The Christian God claims that He has a Son. They cannot both be correct and simultaneously be the same entity, irrespective of the claims of religionists.

Abrahamic unity exists only in the minds of ecuminists.
Yes, everyone has their own different view of god. Yet we all believe in the same god, we just have a different view of him.
Is the mormon god allah? Really you think when you get your reward that the god you talk to will say 'oh i'm also allah?'

Wootah
Savant

Post #52

Post by Wootah »

Dr_Quantum wrote:The reason everyone has a different view of God is a sure sign that religion is man made.

There is a God to suit everyone, for example if i were to convert, it wouldn't matter that religion I chose I would have to imagine a God that is unaware of cancer...just because cancer is out of our control and could only be God's fault.
That's interesting. Most things that are man made are actually quite non unique - think cars and pretty much everything we make. Even our fiction gets boring because we have heard it all before and there is nothing new under the sun. To make something that is different for everyone would more likely be god made - by your definition.

Wootah
Savant

Post #53

Post by Wootah »

Murad wrote:Unless Abraham worshipped multiple Gods, i think Judaism-Christianity-Islam are called "Abrahamic Religions" for a reason.

Judaism & Islam are definitely synonymous when it comes down to God (that he is 1 undivided entity without family members etc..).
Christians do deviate from this view, for e.g. the belief in the "Divine Sonship" & "Trinity".
And both are works based theologies right?

What about the Bahai revelation is that Abrahamic? How is it the same? How is it different?

Wootah
Savant

Post #54

Post by Wootah »

Question: Do mormons really get a planet to be a god of and where is that in any of the preceding texts?

Malachi-Zede-El
Banned
Banned

Re: Allah Vs. the Christian God

Post #55

Post by Malachi-Zede-El »

mormon boy51 wrote:A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

Both Religious Scholars , Theologian , Minister , Iman Etc Etc Of Islam , Christianity , Are taught the so-called diffrent in their Belief's / Religion . To control their thinking of each other . The first step is not to read each other scriptures , Then point finger at each other , Showing them the evil each are doing in the world today . By useing the most powerful tool their is and thats the media , t.v. radio , newpapers etc etc . Also seting up Sect / Denomination of each Religion , Teaching them something diffrent in each Sect / Denomination , Having them against each other by claiming who Right and who wrong , Meaning who teaching who right / wrong . Bottom line here ( Mind control ) ..

john2054
Student

Post #56

Post by john2054 »

Hi, firstly thanks my friends for posting on this engaging thread. Next I think that we have to remember that God and Allah, are to a large extent of the word, both man made deities. With that understood, we can then appreciate that both can be, whilst exceptional, also mutually compatible. And yes, I am a Christian. Just because I believe in the Bible, doesn't mean that I can't appreciate that it was written by men, for men. Inspired by God sure. But then, and equally, the Quran was recounted by Mohamed, peacebeuponhim, and so there you are. Please don't be upset by these musings, they are only my thoughts!

Maverick1

Post #57

Post by Maverick1 »

mormon boy51 wrote:A lot of Christians don't realize that Muslims worship the same god as they do.

Grettings brother;
So in regards to what youre stating here, then the obvious Flip-side of That Coin, your suggestion would be; that Christians do Not realize that Theyre actaully Worshippimg Allah. And IF its the same "God" then youre also suggesting that Muslims do Not realize that Theyre Worshipping The same "God" as The Christians. Youre statement could be put like this: "Both Christians & Muslims do Not Realize, that The "God" that they Both are Wrshipping is the same Person(age), Enitty". its also obvious that youre saying that Neither the Christians Nor the Muslims, KNOW, WHO Their "God" Is, that theyre Worshipping. Id bet you the muslims would (Not beg to) Differ with you on that. Dare you to say that the mulisms, of Islam, that Their "god" (allah) Is Jehovah, (Yhwy) Jesus. Dare you to say that The Christians would Compromise Their Belief that Their God; Jehavah, Yhwy, Jesus, is the Same as; or one in the same, being; allah. <<he's Not, and Theyre Obviously, Not the same. And do Not forget the Jews. Becuase The same God that The Jews Worship, being Jehovah, Yhwy, IS The Same God that The Christians Worship, ie; Judeo-Christian Values, with the only exception being that the majority of The Jews differ on Who The Promised Messiah of The Old Testament IS. The Jews believe that The Messiah is still yet to be Revealed for the very forst time ever, & The Christians believe that He already has been revealed, being Y'shua, Jesus. AND If what you are saying is so, then youre also Implying that The Jews God & Islams Muslims "god"; allah, are the same.And theyre Not either. And dare you say THAT as well to both The Jews & the muslims, and see what Response you get. So as far as the many "gods" in this world, they are ALL Distinct. And The One True GOD Is also Very Distinct. The Claims on The natures of all of them is so vastly different also, including GODs, Jehovah, Yhwh, Jesus......and also just open your eyes to the natures of the Peoples, rel which "god" or GOD, that They represent. respectfully, Maverick1

:oldhat: :-k :2gun: ](*,) :idea: [-X :study: :warning: :bones:

Muzaffar
Student

Post #58

Post by Muzaffar »

Maverick1 wrote:

Grettings brother;
So in regards to what youre stating here, then the obvious Flip-side of That Coin, your suggestion would be; that Christians do Not realize that Theyre actaully Worshippimg Allah. And IF its the same "God" then youre also suggesting that Muslims do Not realize that Theyre Worshipping The same "God" as The Christians. Youre statement could be put like this: "Both Christians & Muslims do Not Realize, that The "God" that they Both are Wrshipping is the same Person(age), Enitty". its also obvious that youre saying that Neither the Christians Nor the Muslims, KNOW, WHO Their "God" Is, that theyre Worshipping. Id bet you the muslims would (Not beg to) Differ with you on that. Dare you to say that the mulisms, of Islam, that Their "god" (allah) Is Jehovah, (Yhwy) Jesus. Dare you to say that The Christians would Compromise Their Belief that Their God; Jehavah, Yhwy, Jesus, is the Same as; or one in the same, being; allah. <<he's Not, and Theyre Obviously, Not the same. And do Not forget the Jews. Becuase The same God that The Jews Worship, being Jehovah, Yhwy, IS The Same God that The Christians Worship, ie; Judeo-Christian Values, with the only exception being that the majority of The Jews differ on Who The Promised Messiah of The Old Testament IS. The Jews believe that The Messiah is still yet to be Revealed for the very forst time ever, & The Christians believe that He already has been revealed, being Y'shua, Jesus. AND If what you are saying is so, then youre also Implying that The Jews God & Islams Muslims "god"; allah, are the same.And theyre Not either. And dare you say THAT as well to both The Jews & the muslims, and see what Response you get. So as far as the many "gods" in this world, they are ALL Distinct. And The One True GOD Is also Very Distinct. The Claims on The natures of all of them is so vastly different also, including GODs, Jehovah, Yhwh, Jesus......and also just open your eyes to the natures of the Peoples, rel which "god" or GOD, that They represent. respectfully, Maverick1

:oldhat: :-k :2gun: ](*,) :idea: [-X :study: :warning: :bones:
Grettings to everyone,
Indeed the Christians do Not realize that They're actaully "Worshippimg" Allah (Christians pray to Jesus though Jesus said: But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshipers. (John 4:23)).
Muslims actually know that They're Worshipping The same "God" as The Christians (Jesus is mention as a Messenger of Allah 25 times in the Holy Qu'ran moreover Moses 136 times and Mary mother of Jesus 32 time).
Thus this statement is false: "Both Christians & Muslims do Not Realize, that The "God" that they Both are Wrshipping is the same Person(age), Enitty".
The Christians don't know there God, for they say he is a triune God, a doctrine not found in the whole bible.
NOW I'LL TELL YOU THAT YHWH MEANS SELF SUSTAINING, SAME AS YOU FOUND IN THE QUR'AN 2:255 (AL-HAYYUL QUAYUM) THE SELF SUSTAINER.

I would like you to explain where did you christian got the name "Jehovah"
the actual word in the bible is "YHWH" and no matter how hard you try to add vowel it you will newer end up with the sound "J". If the christians admits that they are worshipping the same God as the muslim, it would be like denying the "Trinity".

They're Obviously, Not the same, you better read the bible (Deut 6:4) then you will know that God tells you that he is 1 God not a triune God, he uses the word Ikhad and in the Qur'an 112:1 he uses the word Ahad both meaning 1, not 3 in 1 nor 1 in 3.

The Jew worship "YHWH" who is 1 not 3 in 1 not 1 in 3, but the Christian says that God is 1 but 3 in 1 and 1 by 3. The not only differ on the messiahship of Jesus but also the doctrine, they don't believe that God is a cruel being murdering his own son for the crime of other criminals.

The Jews are waiting for the Messiah.
The Christian and the Muslim says that Jesus is the Messiah.

I agree with you brother that people should open their eyes, and try to see who is the One true God (if you consider them to be different).
Jew: A God missing to his promises, they are still waiting for the messiah to deliver them from their bondage and give them the land of israel.
Christian: A loving father thirsty of the blood of his only son, and forgiving all the crime of the sinners because he ordered his son to take the punishment upon himself.
Muslim: A God who is severe but merciful, forgiving without asking you to murder anyone, who gave you a list of how to behave in any circumstance and guidance.
Try to open your eyes
respectfully,
Muzaffar
(I would be glad to debate anyone on any of these subject: Is Jesus God? Is the Bible God's word? on a one-one debate or one-many fell free to msg me)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #59

Post by Divine Insight »

fewwillfindit wrote: My point is clear and concise. The Muslim holy book claims that the Muslim god has no son. The Christian holy book claims that God has a Son. Each book claims that its god cannot lie, thus it is impossible that they are the same entity.
That misses the point altogether.

The truth of the matter is that all of these religions, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all based on precisely the same God-myths. Therefore they necessarily have to be referring to the same "God".

The fact, that this "single religion" has fallen into such disarray making grossly different claims about the original God only proves that there was no God associated with any of these religions in the first place.

The idea that each of these distorted myths refers to individual and separate "entities" is absurd.

All they've done is verify that they are ALL indeed nothing more than man-made superstitious myths.

Trying to claim that they are actually different religions would necessarily imply that this "Single God" allowed his word to become grossly confused and misleading.

But the whole ideal behind all of these religions (specifially Islam and Christianity) is the the God has somehow "protected" his scriptures and message.

Well, to allow totally false religions to spring off from the original would basically amount to "No protection at all".

Not only that but Christianity itself has fallen into disarray. The Catholics and Protestants disagree on the fundamentals of Christianity. And the Protestants have constantly protested against each others versions of the religion.

So there isn't even any consistency within Christianity. This same principle, of course, holds true for Judaism and Islam as well.

There can be no God who protects "His Word" because there does not even exist any single central "Word" that anyone can point to that has ever been "protected". All of it has been distorted, twisted, and modified.

So the only rational conclusion is that they all must necessarily be unprotected man-made gossip. And there does not exist any God who protects "His Word". That is the bottom line that proves that all of these Abrahamic religions are necessarily false and that nary a one of them can be true.

Wootah
Savant

Post #60

Post by Wootah »

Hi DI,

Your position is absurd.

It is equivalent to saying all swans are white, this is a swan so it must be white.

Or, worse, this dog is nice, all animals must be nice therefore this lion is nice.

It is intellectual suicide to group and categorise unnecessarily and when done the best reason is fir simplicity.

The reasoning behind your argument is laziness.

Wootah