The quran is nothing special

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

FoxholeAtheist

The quran is nothing special

Post #1

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

I am an atheist who has been looking into Islamic apologetics for quite a while.
It has been a few years since I heard a new Argument from the apologists, and therefore I feel that I have a very good understanding of their point of view by now.

If there are any Muslims who wish to prove me wrong, then go ahead.

The reason that I am interested in Islam rather than Christianity is because I find that Muslims, and not Christians, absolutely insist that there are plenty of objective reasons to believe that their book is not man made. I find that Christians agree that there is a large component of faith, and they understand that I simply don't have that faith. Muslims on the other hand insist that if I am not impressed with the quran, then I am a 'hater', or ignorant and blind.

The reason that I have joined this forum rather than a Muslim one, is because every time I have tried to debate Muslims on a Muslim forum, I have been banned.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #31

Post by Divine Insight »

Sounds like this Allah God is really full of himself and is clearly obsessed with jealously beyond belief. He would be the almighty sinner of his own idea of what constitutes sin.

Clearly if there is a Satan the Qu'ran is without a doubt HIS work.

So I agree that Islam would indeed be devil worship if there is such a thing.

At least the Christians have Jesus as their saving grace both literally and figuratively. ;)

Of course all of these jealous God religions are clearly just man-made myths. And not very good ones at that. But between the two Jesus outshines Allah.

Imagine that. The demigod outshining his supposed Father.

I don't even think Apollo reached quite that level of fame over Zeus. But then again Apollo's mother was also a Goddess. So Apollo wasn't a demigod born of a mortal woman. He was just an honest to goodness real baby God. So there's really no comparison there with Jesus who clearly was a demigod.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by steps »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

121. Say to those who do not believe: "Do whatever ye can: We shall do our part;
122. "And wait ye! We too shall wait."
123. To Allah do belong the unseen (secrets) of the heavens and the earth, and to Him goeth back every affair (for decision): then worship Him, and put thy trust in Him: and thy Lord is not unmindful of aught that ye do.

You cannot reply any of my comments , only personal attack .
keep them for you .

mchristos606
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by mchristos606 »

Verse 4:56

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

As one looks at the above " truthful and unadulterated " word of " god " , one can't help but to shudder at the absolute EVIL exibited. Here is the Almighty God ROASTING HIS CHILDREN in hell-fire and exhibiting SADISTIC behaviour beyond human understanding !!

That there are " HUMAN BEINGS " who actually justify and condone such BARBARISM is also beyond understandable.

The OP says there is nothing special about the Quran but I disagree ! The Quran is the most successful BRAINWASHING technique ever devised , as evident by the 1.2 billion muslims who actually believe that this FILTH is from God .

The Quran is seriously DETRIMENTAL to your mental health . In the Quran , Allah calls Jews " apes and pigs " , but the truth is actually reverse. Considers this :

Muslims = 1.2 billion. ......7 NOBEL PRIZES WON !

Jews = 14 million. ....... 129 NOBEL PRIZES WON !

In reality , Allah wants his SLAVES to be as DUMB as they come because they are easier to CONTROL that way. In the hell holes of Islamic societies , a person gets BEHEADED for questioning the Quran !!

Allah , The Devil , is trying to take over the whole world !!

:D

FoxholeAtheist

Post #34

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

Actually, one of them was declared a kafir for being of the Ahmediyya sect.
The word 'muslim' was erased from his gravestone. So make that 6 Muslim Nobels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdus_Salam

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by steps »

mchristos606 wrote: Verse 4:56

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

As one looks at the above " truthful and unadulterated " word of " god " , one can't help but to shudder at the absolute EVIL exibited. Here is the Almighty God ROASTING HIS CHILDREN in hell-fire and exhibiting SADISTIC behaviour beyond human understanding !!

That there are " HUMAN BEINGS " who actually justify and condone such BARBARISM is also beyond understandable.

The OP says there is nothing special about the Quran but I disagree ! The Quran is the most successful BRAINWASHING technique ever devised , as evident by the 1.2 billion muslims who actually believe that this FILTH is from God .

The Quran is seriously DETRIMENTAL to your mental health . In the Quran , Allah calls Jews " apes and pigs " , but the truth is actually reverse. Considers this :

In reality , Allah wants his SLAVES to be as DUMB as they come because they are easier to CONTROL that way. In the hell holes of Islamic societies , a person gets BEHEADED for questioning the Quran !!

Allah gave the Jews and the Christians everything but they refused the favors of Allah , they preferred by their own wills to follow the wrongful paths .except the real followers of the prophets .

Read Isaiah Chapter 59

1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
4 None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
5 They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
6 Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.
7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction arein their paths.
8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
9 Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.
10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.
11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.
12 For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;
13 In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.
16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance forclothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Your book is testifying against you . So blame yourself , do not blame Allah because of your evil deeds .
You are the grandsons of these evil trees . and who follow the truth and the path of prophets is the grandsons of the good trees .
Try to accept that …

---------------------------------------------

You must show the whole truth . if you want to write the truth :

Why Allah will punish the unbelievers from the Jews and the Christians ? what are their evil deeds ?

44. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were given a portion of the Book? they traffic in error, and wish that ye should lose the right path.
45. But Allah hath full knowledge of your enemies: Allah is enough for a protector, and Allah is enough for a Helper.
46. Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: "We hear and we disobey"; and "Hear what is not Heard"; and "Ra'ina"; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith. If only they had said: "What hear and we obey"; and "Do hear"; and "Do look at us"; it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hath cursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe.
47. O ye People of the Book! believe in what We have (now) revealed, confirming what was (already) with you, before We change the face and fame of some (of you) beyond all recognition, and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah Must be carried out.
48. Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
49. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who claim sanctity for themselves? Nay-but Allah Doth sanctify whom He pleaseth. But never will they fail to receive justice in the least little thing.
50. Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah. but that by itself is a manifest sin!
51. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were given a portion of the Book? they believe in sorcery and Evil, and say to the Unbelievers that they are better guided in the (right) way Than the believers!
52. They are (men) whom Allah hath cursed: And those whom Allah Hath cursed, thou wilt find, have no one to help.
53. Have they a share in dominion or power? Behold, they give not a farthing to their fellow-men?
54. Or do they envy mankind for what Allah hath given them of his bounty? but We had already given the people of Abraham the Book and Wisdom, and conferred upon them a great kingdom.
55. Some of them believed, and some of them averted their faces from him: And enough is Hell for a burning fire.
56. Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

Someone is lying about God , what would be his destiny ?
Someone is worshipping the devil , and Allah warned him from worshipping the devil , what would be his destiny ?
Someone is taking partners beside Allah [ such as Jesus ] , and Allah warned him from taking partners , what would be his destiny ?
Someone changed the word of Allah , and Allah warned him from changing his word . what would be his destiny ?
Someone is fighting Allah and considering Allah his enemy , what would be his destiny ?
Someone is Attacking Allah , what would be his destiny ?
Someone is trying to lead people to error paths , what would be his destiny ?

This is the teachings of All prophets from Noah to Mohammad . the unbelievers in the hell .

[33. Such is the Punishment (in this life); but greater is the Punishment in the Hereafter,- if only they knew!34. Verily, for the Righteous, are Gardens of Delight, in the Presence of their Lord.35. Shall We then treat the People of Faith like the People of Sin?36. What is the matter with you? How judge ye?37. Or have ye a book through which ye learn-38. That ye shall have, through it whatever ye choose?39. Or have ye Covenants with Us to oath, reaching to the Day of Judgment, (providing) that ye shall have whatever ye shall demand?40. Ask thou of them, which of them will stand surety for that!41. Or have they some "Partners" (in Allah.ead)? Then let them produce their "partners", if they are truthful!42. The Day that the shin shall be laid bare, and they shall be summoned to bow in adoration, but they shall not be able,-43. Their eyes will be cast down,- ignominy will cover them; seeing that they had been summoned aforetime to bow in adoration, while they were whole, (and had refused).44. Then leave Me alone with such as reject this Message: by degrees shall We punish them from directions they perceive not.45. A (long) respite will I grant them: truly powerful is My Plan.46. Or is it that thou dost ask them for a reward, so that they are burdened with a load of debt?-47. Or that the Unseen is in their hands, so that they can write it down? ]

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by steps »

let us find out the confirmations of Jesus about the Jews and the Christians

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

So if the Jews and the Christians were the killers of their prophets , the generation of vipers .

What will be your sayings toward the prophet Mohammad and the holy Quran ?

Of course the grave false charge.

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

-------------------------------

the NOBEL PRIZES are not going to enter the Jew or anyone Garden of Eden.

take them All . and take all the prizes in the world , we do not need them .

I will get my prize by Allah's will , and the greatest prize for any believer

[7. Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures.8. Their reward is with Allah. Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher. ]

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #37

Post by A Troubled Man »

steps wrote:
Allah will punish the unbelievers

Allah hath cursed them for their Unbelief

Allah Doth sanctify whom He pleaseth.

Allah hath cursed

Allah Hath cursed

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire.

...the unbelievers in the hell .

...for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
We all know what happens to those who are "Exalted in Power"; corruption.

How could anyone follow such a god or find him worthy of respect when he exhibits such cruelty and malice? This is not a religion of peace, but more of religion of vengeance and a sadistic pleasure for going out of their way to inflict pain, suffering and death upon others. It is pure hatred.

Wootah
Savant

Post #38

Post by Wootah »

mchristos606 wrote: Verse 4:56

:warning: Moderator Warning

Hi mchristos606,

Without evidence your assertions are baseless and offensive. Even if our point is that one ideology or another is detrimental it behoves us on this form to try to find civil ways to explain it.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Abdelrahman
Student

Re: The quran is nothing special

Post #39

Post by Abdelrahman »

FoxholeAtheist wrote: I am an atheist who has been looking into Islamic apologetics for quite a while.
It has been a few years since I heard a new Argument from the apologists, and therefore I feel that I have a very good understanding of their point of view by now.

If there are any Muslims who wish to prove me wrong, then go ahead.

The reason that I am interested in Islam rather than Christianity is because I find that Muslims, and not Christians, absolutely insist that there are plenty of objective reasons to believe that their book is not man made. I find that Christians agree that there is a large component of faith, and they understand that I simply don't have that faith. Muslims on the other hand insist that if I am not impressed with the quran, then I am a 'hater', or ignorant and blind.

The reason that I have joined this forum rather than a Muslim one, is because every time I have tried to debate Muslims on a Muslim forum, I have been banned.
I'll debate you brother! Im glad I joined this site. Im a practicing muslim of 28 years! Ask me anything you like.