The quran is nothing special

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

FoxholeAtheist

The quran is nothing special

Post #1

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

I am an atheist who has been looking into Islamic apologetics for quite a while.
It has been a few years since I heard a new Argument from the apologists, and therefore I feel that I have a very good understanding of their point of view by now.

If there are any Muslims who wish to prove me wrong, then go ahead.

The reason that I am interested in Islam rather than Christianity is because I find that Muslims, and not Christians, absolutely insist that there are plenty of objective reasons to believe that their book is not man made. I find that Christians agree that there is a large component of faith, and they understand that I simply don't have that faith. Muslims on the other hand insist that if I am not impressed with the quran, then I am a 'hater', or ignorant and blind.

The reason that I have joined this forum rather than a Muslim one, is because every time I have tried to debate Muslims on a Muslim forum, I have been banned.

FoxholeAtheist

Post #11

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

[/b]Now you have to prove 2 things :
1- The mankind was able to create a fly . or anything you believe in it was able to create the fly such as [ evolution or the chance ].
2- If you cannot and I am sure you cannot . then the worst level of humiliation to all mankind : prove that you can return what the fly snatched .
No justifications , no meaningless comments. you can Start from now until the day of your death .
This is what is known as a false dichotomy, and is typical of the fallacious argumentation used by your god. If mankind cannot create a fly, therefore Allah?
What a ridiculous argument to put forward. Allah is using an appeal to ignorance logical fallacy. This is something that you should be embarrassed by.

In fact there isn't a single good argument in the quran. The fact that Allah issues such 'meaningless' challenges is itself good evidence of its human origin. It doesn't even seem to have come from an intelligent human.

FoxholeAtheist

Post #12

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

I challenge you to jump up and down 800 times, and if you do not, then I win the debate.

This is what Allah sounds like.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by steps »

The end . :D

steps
Banned
Banned

Re: Oh.. yea

Post #14

Post by steps »

Divine Insight wrote:
steps wrote: [99. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!] Surah 10 .
Did this come from the Qu'ran?

If so, then you have just proven to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that this book is indeed absolute nonsense. :roll:
Hello Mr. harmony with Jesus .

You Must know that Allah did not create man like the angels , because the angels has been forced to worship Allah and never disobey his commands .
But man has been given his free will to choose [ believe in Allah or not believe in Allah ] .

And the best example is your false god Jesus : did all mankind believe in him ?
Therefore the lake of fire and the heavens of God are not for the angels nor the animals or any creatures except [ mankind and Jinn ] some of them will enter the lake of fire because they chose not to believe .

[ the belief of Jesus and all prophets ]and the other will enter the heavens of God because they believe that Allah is one , has no sons , no partners beside him

99. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!

100. No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand.

101. Say: "Behold all that is in the heavens and on earth"; but neither Signs nor Warners profit those who believe not.

102. Do they then expect (any thing) but (what happened in) the days of the men who passed away before them? Say: "Wait ye then: for I, too, will wait with you."

103. In the end We deliver Our apostles and those who believe: Thus is it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!

104. Say: "O ye men! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, (behold!) I worship not what ye worship, other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers,

105. "And further (thus): 'set thy face towards religion with true piety, and never in any wise be of the Unbelievers;

106. "'Nor call on any, other than Allah.- Such will neither profit thee nor hurt thee: if thou dost, behold! thou shalt certainly be of those who do wrong.'"

107. If Allah do touch thee with hurt, there is none can remove it but He: if He do design some benefit for thee, there is none can keep back His favour: He causeth it to reach whomsoever of His servants He pleaseth. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

108. Say: "O ye men! Now Truth hath reached you from your Lord! those who receive guidance, do so for the good of their own souls; those who stray, do so to their own loss: and I am not (set) over you to arrange your affairs."

109. Follow thou the inspiration sent unto thee, and be patient and constant, till Allah do decide: for He is the best to decide.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #15

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 14 by steps]

Your post just confirmed the absurdity of the Qu'ran and this fictitious evil Allah.

I see many Christians proclaiming that Allah is Satan, I can certainly see why they are totally convinced of this.

I personally don't believe in any of this Abrahamic nonsense.

A jealous hateful God is an oxymoron no matter how it is portrayed. So I reject the whole Middle Eastern mentality.

Their whole religion is nothing but a take-off from the Greek fables of Zeus anyway. All they did was steal the idea of Zeus from the Greeks and make him extremely jealous, egotistical, hateful, and male-chauvinistic.

These religions pervert everything from sex to love.

If I wanted become a hateful person I would join one of these Abrahamic cults. And if I truly had a desire to be extremely hateful I'd definitely choose Islam. IMHO, it's clearly the most hateful of all the jealous-God religions that spun-off from these original Hebrew myths.

Thanks for posting the verification and further proof of the emptiness of these absurdly hateful fables. ;)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by steps »

Divine Insight wrote: [Replying to post 14 by steps]

Your post just confirmed the absurdity of the Qu'ran and this fictitious evil Allah.

I see many Christians proclaiming that Allah is Satan, I can certainly see why they are totally convinced of this.

I personally don't believe in any of this Abrahamic nonsense.

A jealous hateful God is an oxymoron no matter how it is portrayed. So I reject the whole Middle Eastern mentality.

Their whole religion is nothing but a take-off from the Greek fables of Zeus anyway. All they did was steal the idea of Zeus from the Greeks and make him extremely jealous, egotistical, hateful, and male-chauvinistic.

These religions pervert everything from sex to love.

If I wanted become a hateful person I would join one of these Abrahamic cults. And if I truly had a desire to be extremely hateful I'd definitely choose Islam. IMHO, it's clearly the most hateful of all the jealous-God religions that spun-off from these original Hebrew myths.

Thanks for posting the verification and further proof of the emptiness of these absurdly hateful fables. ;)
29. Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed,
30. And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery);
31. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting;
32. And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!"
33. But they had not been sent as keepers over them!
34. But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers:
35. On Thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight) (of all things).
36. Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for what they did?

Our meeting in front of Allah, and he will judge between all mankind . that is all .

FoxholeAtheist

Post #17

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

Surely there must exist one Muslim in the world who has something worthwhile to say about their religion. Where is he/she hiding?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #18

Post by Divine Insight »

steps wrote: 34. But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers:
The believers will laugh at the unbelievers?

Is this the kind of egotistical sickness that the Qu'ran teaches? :-k

Why would any decent moral person laugh at anyone who is about to be condemned?

That can only be the ego gone wild.

So once again, you've just proven that this religion has no moral merit whatsoever.

I used to think that Christianity was easy to debunk, but Islam appears to have been written by immature spoiled brats who never grew beyond puberty. :roll:
Last edited by Divine Insight on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #19

Post by Divine Insight »

FoxholeAtheist wrote: Surely there must exist one Muslim in the world who has something worthwhile to say about their religion. Where is he/she hiding?
I don't know about that. If steps is actually quoting the Qu'ran then the Muslims don't have much to work with.
[center]Image
[/center]

FoxholeAtheist

Post #20

Post by FoxholeAtheist »

you actually read that spam?