To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

steps
Banned
Banned

Allah is the most merciful .

Post #1

Post by steps »

Allah is facing our weaken by his mercifulness, our sins by his forgiveness , our small deeds by his generosity . but all of that must be under one condition : NO god but Allah . no partners beside him .

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.� [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]

Allah already has a creation which is sinless. He has the angels who “never disobey Allah in what He commands them and carry out whatever they are told to do.� [Surah al-Tahrim: 6] they glorify Allah without fail. Some arer standing in prayer, some are bowing, and some are in prostration saying: “Glory be to the the possessor of the dominion and its possessions! Glory be to the possessor of might and irresistible power. Glory be to the Living One who never dies!�

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I see and hear what you do not. The heavens heaved, and they have a right to do so, since there is not a place the width of a handspan that is not occupied by an angel prostrating his forehead to Allah.� [Sunan al-Tirmidhi (2312) and Sunan Ibn Majah (4190)]

In spite of all this, Allah in His wisdom wanted to create beings besides the angels – human beings who would need to be guided to the proper path and who were capable of going astray. Allah says: “Lo! We have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or disbelieving.� [Surah al-Insan: 3]

This is the nature upon which Allah created the human being. It is unavoidable that people will err. Therefore Allah has permitted us to ask His forgiveness. Indeed, He exhorts us to do so, and He promises us His forgiveness.

We should make it a habit to seek Allah’s forgiveness as often as we can. Constancy in beseeching forgiveness is a cure for the maladies of the heart as well as a means of having our sins erased.

prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said : [ “Verily, Allah created mercy; on the day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts. He kept with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent one part to all His creatures. Had the disbeliever known the mercy which is in the hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known the punishment which is with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hellfire.�]

TG123
Apprentice

Post #71

Post by TG123 »

mchristos606 wrote: From The Bible :
Ecclesiastes 12: 7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. 

From The Truth Book :
0:5.6 These qualities of universal reality are manifest in human experience on the following levels:(8.7) 0:5.7 1.

Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electrochemical mechanism of animal nature and origin.(8.8) 0:5.8 2. 

Mind. The thinking, perceiving, and feeling mechanism of the human organism. The total conscious and unconscious experience. The intelligence associated with the emotional life reaching upward through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.(8.9) 0:5.9 3. 

SPIRIT -The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man — the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal — not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.

. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,� so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.(9.1) 0:5.11 

Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.(9.2) 0:5.12 

Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.
I'm not sure what the "Truth Book" you are referring to is, I have not yet read it so I cannot comment on it. I will use the Bible, which I am acquainted with and which I know to be true.
mchristos606 wrote: We see from the above examples that the human being has within him a part of God , Spirit of God , which is the gift of our loving Father to us. Why does The Father bestow such a gift unto us ?
The passage from Ecclesiastes does not say that the human being has within him or her a part of God, but that his/her spirit will return to God who gave it. I do believe that all people have within them an aspect of God, we were all created in His likeness and image.
mchristos606 wrote: We are " theistically EVOLVED " .....not created. Evolution is the mechanism of not only physical growth but spiritual growth as well , all in time-space EXPERIENTIAL universe.
Human beings were created, whether you want to believe it or not.

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them
mchristos606 wrote: Our evolutionary MIND is riddled with fear , anxiety and carnal desires and, without the help of the Spirit within , might never find its way to God.
We find our way to God by putting our faith in Jesus Christ. When we do this, the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts and leads us and guides us.
mchristos606 wrote: UNspiritualized minds kill , rape and plunder , and commit all kinds of atrocities. They can also be DECEIVED by wholeheartedly believing something to be true even though it isn't !
True.
mchristos606 wrote: The MORAL of the story :

TG123 thinks himself to be a righteous person because he wholeheartedly believes in The Bible and it is OK with him that God roasts people in hell. He belives that is MORALITY !
I didn't say anywhere that I am a righteous person or that I believe I am a righteous person. I didn't say it is "ok with me" that God "roasts people in hell". I said that God created both heaven and hell. Those who put their faith in Him will go to heaven, those who reject Him will go to hell. Yes, I believe God is moral in everything He does, so that would include in creating both hell and heaven.
mchristos606 wrote: A Troubled Man doesn't believe in God and strongly condemns any God who would roast any one in hell .
True.
mchristos606 wrote: Who is correct ??

God is LOVE and love would NEVER roast his children in hell-fire !!
God being love does not mean He doesn't send people to hell. He gives us a lifetime on earth to come to the Truth. If we reject it, we have only ourselves to blame.
mchristos606 wrote: P.S. The above is the perfect example of a deceived " holy book " believer and an atheists being guided by the Spirit of God .
:D
So the Spirit of God is guiding ATroubledMan to claim that all who believe God is real are dishonest and to call Him an "immoral despot"? What god do you believe in? :-s

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #72

Post by A Troubled Man »

TG123 wrote:
You repeating the charge again and again doesn't make it so.
Of course, it is the definition of threat that makes it so.
Given the definition you accept of what 'morals' and 'ethics' are, I'm just glad you weren't a German living in Berlin in the 1930s, or a parent of a disabled infant in ancient Greece. The most perfect set of ethics and morals come from God, and are revealed by Him in the Bible. I will align myself with Him rather than with what society deems "right" at any given moment.
Exactly, and you will continue to threaten societies in the name of your God. One very good reason to reject your God as a selfish egomaniac.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #73

Post by A Troubled Man »

TG123 wrote: I didn't say anywhere that I am a righteous person or that I believe I am a righteous person. I didn't say it is "ok with me" that God "roasts people in hell". I said that God created both heaven and hell. Those who put their faith in Him will go to heaven, those who reject Him will go to hell.
:lol: The insane, selfish megalomaniac will create a world in which you either worship and praise him or he will blow your head off, those who put their faith in him will be allowed to live, those who reject him will get their heads blown off.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous that you are unable to see the obvious similarity.

TG123
Apprentice

Post #74

Post by TG123 »

A Troubled Man wrote:
TG123 wrote:
You repeating the charge again and again doesn't make it so.
A Troubled Man wrote: Of course, it is the definition of threat that makes it so.
And according to the definition, I am not threatening you.
Given the definition you accept of what 'morals' and 'ethics' are, I'm just glad you weren't a German living in Berlin in the 1930s, or a parent of a disabled infant in ancient Greece. The most perfect set of ethics and morals come from God, and are revealed by Him in the Bible. I will align myself with Him rather than with what society deems "right" at any given moment.
A Troubled Man wrote: Exactly, and you will continue to threaten societies in the name of your God. One very good reason to reject your God as a selfish egomaniac.
I haven't threatened either you or any society. But why let the truth stop you when you are having so much fun repeating false accusations?

TG123
Apprentice

Post #75

Post by TG123 »

A Troubled Man wrote:
TG123 wrote: I didn't say anywhere that I am a righteous person or that I believe I am a righteous person. I didn't say it is "ok with me" that God "roasts people in hell". I said that God created both heaven and hell. Those who put their faith in Him will go to heaven, those who reject Him will go to hell.
:lol: The insane, selfish megalomaniac will create a world in which you either worship and praise him or he will blow your head off, those who put their faith in him will be allowed to live, those who reject him will get their heads blown off.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous that you are unable to see the obvious similarity.
You still haven't showed how I am threatening you.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #76

Post by A Troubled Man »

TG123 wrote:
"One common logical fallacy is argumentum ad baculum, which literally translated means "argument to the stick" and which is commonly translated to mean "appeal to force." With this fallacy, an argument is accompanied by the threat of violence if the conclusions are not accepted. Many religions are based upon just such an tactic: if you don't accept this religion, you will be punished either by adherents now or in some afterlife. If this is how a religion treats its own adherents, it's not a surprise that arguments employing this tactic or fallacy are offered to nonbelievers as a reason to convert. "

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismques ... lWrong.htm

mchristos606
Apprentice

Post #77

Post by mchristos606 »

TG123 writes :
The passage from Ecclesiastes does not say that the human being has within him or her a part of God, but that his/her spirit will return to God who gave it. I do believe that all people have within them an aspect of God, we were all created in His likeness and image. 

You must have NOT comprehended the excerpt from The Truth Book which clearly states that a person acquires his soul but that The Spirit is the gift of God. You apparently also seem NOT to believe your own Bible which clearly states that human beings are souls and NOT spirits.

Your Bible even says : " a soul that sins shall die ." It doesn't say : " a Spirit that sins shall die ."
It is the Spirit which returns to God because.....God is Spirit !! A soul can NEVER return to God because the soul is NOT the same as Spirit . A soul has the POTENTIAL to become Spirit , providing it lives by the " will of God " which is the natural state of the Creation .

We must also LEARN that , while God is Trinity , he can never be a DUALITY ! If God can be both , good and evil , then we need to be on guard for another " bad hair day " , where he will AGAIN drown everything in the great flood !

PS - Please re-read and understand my previous post about what a human being is made up of.
It will go a long way in helping you understand things better.

TG123
Apprentice

Post #78

Post by TG123 »

A Troubled Man wrote:
TG123 wrote:
"One common logical fallacy is argumentum ad baculum, which literally translated means "argument to the stick" and which is commonly translated to mean "appeal to force." With this fallacy, an argument is accompanied by the threat of violence if the conclusions are not accepted. Many religions are based upon just such an tactic: if you don't accept this religion, you will be punished either by adherents now or in some afterlife. If this is how a religion treats its own adherents, it's not a surprise that arguments employing this tactic or fallacy are offered to nonbelievers as a reason to convert. "

As an adherent of Christianity, I am not threatening to punish you, either now or in the afterlife. God will decide what to do with you in the afterlife, and His decision will be based on whether or not you believed in Him in this one.

If a zoo employee tells me that a tiger will rip me to shreds if I just into its cage, is he threatening me? What about a doctor who tells me I will die if I don't take necessary medication regularly?

TG123
Apprentice

Post #79

Post by TG123 »

mchristos606 wrote: TG123 writes :
mchristos606 wrote: You must have NOT comprehended the excerpt from The Truth Book which clearly states that a person acquires his soul but that The Spirit is the gift of God.
What is the "Truth Book"? I need to know more about it before I consider taking its teachings at face value.
mchristos606 wrote: You apparently also seem NOT to believe your own Bible which clearly states that human beings are souls and NOT spirits.

Your Bible even says : " a soul that sins shall die ." It doesn't say : " a Spirit that sins shall die ."
It is the Spirit which returns to God because.....God is Spirit !! A soul can NEVER return to God because the soul is NOT the same as Spirit . A soul has the POTENTIAL to become Spirit , providing it lives by the " will of God " which is the natural state of the Creation .
The Bible states very clearly that not all spirit is from God.

1 Corinthians 2:11-13

11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[a]
mchristos606 wrote: We must also LEARN that , while God is Trinity , he can never be a DUALITY ! If God can be both , good and evil , then we need to be on guard for another " bad hair day " , where he will AGAIN drown everything in the great flood !
Of course God is good, not evil. Are you suggesting that the Great Flood was an evil thing of Him to do? Are you judging Him?
mchristos606 wrote: PS - Please re-read and understand my previous post about what a human being is made up of.
It will go a long way in helping you understand things better.

The Bible doesn't really back up your assertions thus far. And you have yet to explain how ATroubledMan has the Spirit of God while he insults God in his posts.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #80

Post by A Troubled Man »

TG123 wrote:
A Troubled Man wrote:
TG123 wrote:

As an adherent of Christianity, I am not threatening to punish you, either now or in the afterlife. God will decide what to do with you in the afterlife, and His decision will be based on whether or not you believed in Him in this one.
You are threatening me, exactly in the same way explained above.
If a zoo employee tells me that a tiger will rip me to shreds if I just into its cage, is he threatening me? What about a doctor who tells me I will die if I don't take necessary medication regularly?
Once again, you keep repeating the same thing over and over, which isn't even remotely the same thing as you are threatening others.

But, I understand you're compelled to threaten others in order to defend your religion and must justify with fallacies.