Assalamu Alaikum

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

TG123
Apprentice

Assalamu Alaikum

Post #1

Post by TG123 »

Assalamu Alaikum to the Muslim posters, may peace be with you.

I wanted to say hi, I am a new member on this forum and I am an evangelical Christian. I enjoy interfaith discussion and debate with Muslims, and would love to talk to you about my beliefs and hear you talk about yours, and debate.

I hope Ramadan is going well for you this year, is Eid next week?

Please feel free to ask and challenge and bring up any questions or issues you would like to about Christianity. I look forward to talking with you, may God lead us to the Truth.

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #2

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Hey there! How did you ‘get into’ Christianity?
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

TG123
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by TG123 »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote: Hey there! How did you ‘get into’ Christianity?
It's a pretty long story which I won't go into, but through my childhood and youth, I didn't care or think much about God. My Mom would take us to church, my Dad wasn't a believer, and I didn't care either way. I was arrogant as a child, believing i was better than other kids because of my grades. At times I would tease kids who me and my friends thought were 'fat'. When I went to middle school I moved away from where my friends were, and I was the new kid. I was bullied a lot in school as a teenager, being made fun of and beaten up in the hallways and humiliated in the change room. I would be followed home, and they would vandalize it from the outside. One day 2 of them broke in, and threatened me at my own place. I would go to school and know I would in greatest likelihood be sworn at, beaten with rulers, kicked, laughed at, excluded from others. At homeat that time (and when I was younger too, but I didn't notice it back then) my dad often treated my mom badly and occasionally we got it too, though it was always verbal and emotional and never physical. The "silent treatment", controlling of everything, and sometimes very cruel words did hurt a lot though. Watching my mom cry (she did so rarely) and get verbally beaten down or subjected to the emotional abuse was the worst for me. There were times when I wished I was dead, and thought of suicide very seriously, and of killing people. I would sometimes take a whole bunch of Tylenol night pills, thinking I would go to sleep and never wake up. I didn't realize back then you can't actually usually kill yourself with those. I struggled with depression, and sometimes still do. My dad was at the time also going through problems with work and things weren't easy for him either. In his way, he believed what he was doing was for the best for us. It wasn't right, though. God held me back from doing what I wanted to, though at that time I didn't realize it. In high school, things were better at home, and I wasn't bullied. I began caring about human rights, because when I was bullied I hated it how other kids would watch and laugh, or if they didn't do that, choose to remain indifferent. For a while, I adopted communism as my ideology, since I believed at that time that it makes the world a good place. I remember reading some Christian tracts as a sports event once, and threw them away.
As grade 12 came to its end, a tragedy took place. One of my friends committed suicide, because his girlfriend left him. I all of a sudden felt very empty inside. I realized that neither my political beliefs or friends or anyone could change the fact he was dead. I can't explain this, but I fell to my knees and began praying to God to help. I didn't know who He is but I knew I needed Him. I felt this awesome sense of comfort, and knew He was there.
At the funeral, the priest spoke of Jesus and His love for us and forgiveness. I began believing, and soon afterwards I decided I am going to believe in Him and prayed that He save me. As I began to read the Bible, I began to notice how He loves the poor and cares for justice, things that are so important to me. I noticed how He not only expects us to help the suffering, but that He literally reincarnates Himself in them, and what we do to them we do to Him. I also notice how God is greater than anyone and anything, and I can put my faith in Him and know things will be OK in the long run. I realized that He isn't ok with sexual immorality, something that many people I know in the left have no problems with. I learned that He hates sin but loves sinners, and He is willing to forgive if we come to Him with a contrite heart.
I am still growing in my faith, and still struggle with things. I am in no way, shape or form a role model for anyone. I praise God though for what He has done for me on the cross, and for what He is doing in my life. Well, that's my story. Thanks for reading.

How did you come to where you are in your faith?

AKU

Muslim

Post #4

Post by AKU »

I am a Muslim here. Can I know who are the Muslim members here .

imran_zahid

Re: Muslim

Post #5

Post by imran_zahid »

[Replying to AKU in post #4]

Hey, I'm also Muslim by the blessing of Allah (S.W.T).