To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

TG123
Apprentice

Question about the Quran

Post #1

Post by TG123 »

Salaam Alaikum,

This is a question to the Muslim posters on the forum. Can you please tell me what significance the Quran has for you in your faith? I know Islam teaches that God revealed it directly through the ArchAngel Gabriel to Muhammad.

Do you believe that it is 100% true and without any mistakes? I know that the Quran teaches there are no contradictions in it, would the same apply to other kinds of errors (ie scientific, historical, theological, etc)?

4:82
Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction.

If a mistake was found in the Quran that was not a contradiction, would it still be in your opinion the word of God?

Shukran wa Allahma3k. Ramadan Mubarak aydan.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #51

Post by steps »

To: Tg123

What was the direction of prayer during the time prophet Mohammad and his companions before they change the direction of prayer to Makkah ? and why ?

did the bible mention Makkah or not ?

TG123
Apprentice

Post #52

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote: To: Tg123

What was the direction of prayer during the time prophet Mohammad and his companions before they change the direction of prayer to Makkah ? and why ?

Assalamu Alaikum, steps. According to the hadiths, if I am not mistaken, the direction of prayer was originally towards Jerusalem and then towards Mecca. Islam teaches that the direction was changed because that is what God told Muhammad, and Muhammad followed God. Would this be a correct understanding?

The Bible does not mention Mecca.

TG123
Apprentice

Post #53

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
steps wrote: I am very sure that you read these verses and you understood them before asking me , and you know that I am keeping info about this subject for you .

There is huge differences between someone asks about Islam and someone tries to attack Islam.
As an unbiased by-stander in this debate I don't see where you have address TG123's observations.

TG123 spoke of actual tombs that had been built with inscriptions on them and were even built at a much later date that the event spoken of in the Qur'an.

To steps,

You claim that their homes became their tombs due to a blast that killed these people. But a blast that kills people doesn't build stone monuments and inscribe them.

So your apologetic argument doesn't hold water, IMHO.

So thus far I see TG123's claims haven't truly been addressed at all. You have simply side-stepped them by trying to pretend that these people were killed in their homes so that they home metaphorically became tombs.

But a metaphorical apologetic argument won't work here. You need to explain how actual stone tombs go there and were inscribed. And how this happened centuries after the original event supposedly even happened.

So thus far I see no viable answers in your apologetic argument that actually addresses TG's observations.
steps wrote: TO : TG123

Sure there are tombs , we are speaking about a powerful civilization formed from the mountains their houses , same as many great civilizations ,
Assalamu Alaikum, steps. I will respond to your post to me.

The Quran and hadiths state that the Thamud carved their homes out of rock at Al Hijr, and that Muhammad came across them in the 7th century. In reference to these homes, the Quran states:

So those are their houses, desolate* because of the wrong they had done. Indeed in that is a sign for people who know.
Surat An-Naml [27:52] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Word by Word Grammar, Syntax and Morphology of the Holy Quran

* according to Corpus Quran, the word is "ruined".

The problem with this statement is that the buildings we see that are carved out of rock at Al Hijr are not houses made by the Thamud before Moses, but tombs made by the Nabataeans between the 2nd century BC and the 2nd century AD.

There is a major historical error in the Quran and hadiths on this topic.
steps wrote:
but here is something to DI and TM to think about it .

Allah says : [21. Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were even superior to them in strength, and in the traces (they have left) in the land: but Allah did call them to account for their sins, and none had they to defend them against Allah.22. That was because there came to them their apostles with Clear (Signs), but they rejected them: So Allah called them to account: for He is Full of Strength, Strict in Punishment. ] Surah 40

These civilizations were more powerful , and Allah gave them high knowledge and powerful bodies . unlike our civilization which depends on electricity and oil , if they gone we will dig our graves by our hands

[82. Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were more numerous than these and superior in strength and in the traces (they have left) in the land: Yet all that they accomplished was of no profit to them.83. For when their apostles came to them with Clear Signs, they exulted in such knowledge (and skill) as they had; but that very (Wrath) at which they were wont to scoff hemmed them in.84. But when they saw Our Punishment, they said: "We believe in Allah,- the one Allah - and we reject the partners we used to join with Him."85. But their professing the Faith when they (actually) saw Our Punishment was not going to profit them. (Such has been) Allah.s Way of dealing with His Servants (from the most ancient times). And even thus did the Rejecters of Allah perish (utterly)! ]
Good point. The Bible states also, in Proverbs 3:32-35:

32 For the Lord detests the perverse
but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The Lord’s curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers
but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit honor,
but fools get only shame.

Can you please explain what the ayah "Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? " means?
steps wrote: The other thing : the call of prophet Salih to his people was not one day or one night , then Allah punished them , the call continued many years . during and before these years , sure they used tombs to bury the dead people .
However, the tombs Muhammad came across and that exist at Al Hijr were not built by the Thamud, but by the Nabataeans.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by steps »

[Replying to TG123]

Firstly :
The table shows the Thamudic Alphabets , in four columns From right to left :
1st : The Arabic Alphabets
2nd : the early Thamudic alphabets .
3rd : the middle Thamudic alphabets .
4th : the late Thamudic alphabets .

Secondly :
A Study for the doctoral degree in king Saud university about the Thamudic inscriptions , the summarization of the study at page 458 :
Conclusion
This research work is made three chapters and begins with an introduction about the importance of and motives behind choosing this dissertation. All praise be to Allah!. Having studied and analyzed the discovered (٢٧٣) Arabic texts, they really have added some cultural facts by which old Arabian nations distinguished, who lived at that time. These inscriptions dispersed over(14) site date back to the early , the middle and the later periods of Thamudic incised in Thamudic scripts three texts of which engraved in Lihyanite script(cf.,inscriptions ;٢٢٢،٢٣٦ and ٢٣٧ ) Thamudic inscriptions are attended with an Aramaic text(cf., inscription ٢٢) as well as four Nabataean texts(cf., inscriptions:٢٢ , ٨٤ , ٢٠٤ and ٢٥٦).Moreover, we gained several cultural significances the most important of which is dating them, most from the early Thamudic period almost ( ٧th century.B.C) and few numbers date back to the middle
Thamudic period (between Ù£rd century.B.C and Ù¢nd century.B.C). As for
the late Thamudic period, it is alomst (from the Ù¡st century.B.C up to the Ù£ rd century .A.C)
The full study : http://repository.ksu.edu.sa/jspui/bits ... h0844f.pdf

Thirdly : different civilizations lived in this area , in different ears , and each civilization has its own art .

But here where the miraculous Quran is revealing itself , despite the long period , and the different civilizations at this region . the holy Quran explores the real founders [ the people of Thamud ] . before any science and any researchers . contrarily the researches confirmed the Quranic facts .

Fourthly : Dr. Abdul Munim Abdel Halim Seaid Archaeologist , visited Alhijer and
found a temple written with the Nabataean language [ dnh nosa de abdet sharikat Thamudo ] . translared [ this temple made by the people of Thamud ] .

I hope these information were worthy to solve your problem . and maybe if you add some pictures about al-hijer from inside to find if they were tombs or houses .
Here is a video shows that they were not houses.

[youtube][/youtube]

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by steps »

TG123 wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum, steps. According to the hadiths, if I am not mistaken, the direction of prayer was originally towards Jerusalem and then towards Mecca. Islam teaches that the direction was changed because that is what God told Muhammad, and Muhammad followed God. Would this be a correct understanding?

Zion is Makkah

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=23210

also According to the Quran the direction was Jerusalem .

[ 144. We see the turning of thy face (for guidance to the heavens: now Shall We turn thee to a Qibla that shall please thee. Turn then Thy face in the direction of the sacred Mosque: Wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction. The people of the Book know well that that is the truth from their Lord. Nor is Allah unmindful of what they do.] Surah 2

And from the bible you will know that prophet Mohammad peace be upon him is a true prophet from Allah .

TG123
Apprentice

Post #56

Post by TG123 »

Salaam Alaikum, steps. Sorry for not responding for so long.
steps wrote: [Replying to TG123]

Firstly :
The table shows the Thamudic Alphabets , in four columns From right to left :
1st : The Arabic Alphabets
2nd : the early Thamudic alphabets .
3rd : the middle Thamudic alphabets .
4th : the late Thamudic alphabets .

Secondly :
A Study for the doctoral degree in king Saud university about the Thamudic inscriptions , the summarization of the study at page 458 :
Conclusion
This research work is made three chapters and begins with an introduction about the importance of and motives behind choosing this dissertation. All praise be to Allah!. Having studied and analyzed the discovered (٢٧٣) Arabic texts, they really have added some cultural facts by which old Arabian nations distinguished, who lived at that time. These inscriptions dispersed over(14) site date back to the early , the middle and the later periods of Thamudic incised in Thamudic scripts three texts of which engraved in Lihyanite script(cf.,inscriptions ;٢٢٢،٢٣٦ and ٢٣٧ ) Thamudic inscriptions are attended with an Aramaic text(cf., inscription ٢٢) as well as four Nabataean texts(cf., inscriptions:٢٢ , ٨٤ , ٢٠٤ and ٢٥٦).Moreover, we gained several cultural significances the most important of which is dating them, most from the early Thamudic period almost ( ٧th century.B.C) and few numbers date back to the middle
Thamudic period (between Ù£rd century.B.C and Ù¢nd century.B.C). As for
the late Thamudic period, it is alomst (from the Ù¡st century.B.C up to the Ù£ rd century .A.C)
The full study : http://repository.ksu.edu.sa/jspui/bits ... h0844f.pdf
Thanks for showing this and for translating, as the paper is in Arabic and I can't read it. I am not arguing that the Thamud did not live at Al Hijr. They definitely did, and left their rock incisions as evidence.

I am arguing that they were not the ones who carved buildings out of rock. Archaeologists studied these buildings, and dated them to 200 BC- AD 200.
steps wrote: Thirdly : different civilizations lived in this area , in different ears , and each civilization has its own art .
True.
steps wrote: But here where the miraculous Quran is revealing itself , despite the long period , and the different civilizations at this region . the holy Quran explores the real founders [ the people of Thamud ] . before any science and any researchers . contrarily the researches confirmed the Quranic facts .
This is where the Quran is wrong. It states correctly that the Thamud lived in Al Hijr. It states incorrectly that they carved buildings from rock, buildings that are allegedly the "houses, desolate" of the Thamud. These buildings- that Muhammad came across in the 7th century, and which we can see today- are tombs and temples of the Nabataeans.
steps wrote: Fourthly : Dr. Abdul Munim Abdel Halim Seaid Archaeologist , visited Alhijer and
found a temple written with the Nabataean language [ dnh nosa de abdet sharikat Thamudo ] . translared [ this temple made by the people of Thamud ] .
Can you please provide a link to this? I typed both his name and the statement into Google and couldn't find anything. Even if the Nabataeans wrote this on the temple, what time period was it dated to?

The First International Conference for Urban Heritage in the Islamic Countries makes mention of temples at Madain Saleh, but states that they too were built by the Nabataeans.

Jabal Ithlib
This toponym refers to two mountain rages which dominate the site to the northeast. These mountains, with their high peaks, seem to have been particularly important to the Nabataeans since they chose them to be their religious area. They thus carved inside the Jabal and on its outer face, various types of sanctuaries and other structures related to the cults or rituals that they practiced there. One of them, called the Diwan, appears to have been a room for banquets near which are carved several niches with betyls (sacred stones).

http://www.islamicurbanheritage.org.sa/ ... Saleh.aspx
steps wrote: I hope these information were worthy to solve your problem . and maybe if you add some pictures about al-hijer from inside to find if they were tombs or houses .
Here is a video shows that they were not houses.

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for the video, steps. I agree with you, these were definitely tombs and not houses. Yet the Quran incorrectly identifies them as such, when in fact they were tombs and temples built by the Nabataeans.

TG123
Apprentice

Post #57

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote:
TG123 wrote:

Zion is Makkah

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=23210

also According to the Quran the direction was Jerusalem .

[ 144. We see the turning of thy face (for guidance to the heavens: now Shall We turn thee to a Qibla that shall please thee. Turn then Thy face in the direction of the sacred Mosque: Wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction. The people of the Book know well that that is the truth from their Lord. Nor is Allah unmindful of what they do.] Surah 2

And from the bible you will know that prophet Mohammad peace be upon him is a true prophet from Allah .
Salaam Alaikum. I read your post, but it does not prove that the Bible mentions Mecca. Arabia is a vast place, the location being referred to could have been anywhere.

The Bible does not state anywhere that Muhammad is a prophet of God, it does not mention him at any point.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #58

Post by steps »

Hello Tg123 , welcome back .

I hope our discussions will not be for the joy of discussions .

because if I was wrong in my belief then hell-fire is my everlasting home . and if you were wrong about prophet Mohammad then your last station is the hell-fire .

The first prove about prophet Mohammad from the bible :

( The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war. For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it. ) Isa Ch 21 : 13 -17

( The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge ) No doubt the verse reported about the Arabian Peninsula…. And no prophet came from Arab land except prophet Mohammad .

(O ye travelling companies of Dedanim. )Dedan : grandchild of the prophet Ibrahim from his wife Keturah … Dedanim lived in north or south the Arab land . the next verse shows where they lived ?

(The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty they prevented with their bread him that fled For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war) The verses reported about the emigration from Baca to the north in al - Madinah because the unbelievers were agonizing the Muslims … Allah commanded the Muslims to emigrate

Tema : a city in Saudi Arabia … the Jews were living in Teama .. then some of them traveled to al - Madinah … so the God speaks to them (The inhabitants of the land of Tema ) because it is the new kingdom of God … it is also the preaching of Jesus about Mohammad the expected Prophet is coming to you .. help him ( brought water to him that was thirsty . they prevented with their bread him that fled ) but the Jews as usual refused and disobeyed …and the people of Madinah took this Honor …

(For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it. )) Kedar : son of Ishmael lived in Baca ( Makkaha ) . and prophet Mohammad from them .

In the Quran : ((The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka; full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings: ))

also the bible mentioned Baca :[ 6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.]

the Arabic Christians changed the Name " Baca " started with a capital letter [ B ] to the word " weeping " . just because the prophecy speaks about prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam

the glory of Kedar shall fail : indeed the victory came when the Muslims opened Baca .. all glory of Kedar fail ....

Allah reported in the Quran about this victory : (([1] When comes the Help of Allah, and Victory, [2] And thou dost see the People enter Allah's Religion in crowds,[3] Celebrate the Praises of thy Lord, and pray for His Forgiveness: for He is Oft-Returning (in Grace and Mercy).)

Very important note about verse 17

17 and the residue of the number of the archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished; for HaShem, the G-d of Israel, hath spoken it.

The rabbis did not know the meaning of the name " Hashem " . therefore they consider it one of God's names.

But the verse speaks about a result of a war for Hashem .
who is Hashem ?

Hashem is the grandfather of prophet Mohammad peace be upon him .
The prophet's lineage : Muhammad son of Abd Allah son of Abd al-Muttalib son of Hashim son of Abd Manaf

----------------------------------------------

Is it the coincidence mention the emigration of prophet Mohammad ?
Is it the coincidence mention the name of Mohammad's grandfather ?
Is it the coincidence mention the great victory and the rise of Islam ?
Who is Mohammad ?

He is the seal of prophets , and the carrier of the last Message from Allah . whomever believed him will be saved and whom rejected him will be lost.

[174. O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. ]

TG123
Apprentice

Post #59

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote: Hello Tg123 , welcome back .
Hello, steps. It is good to be back. Salaam Alaikum.
steps wrote: I hope our discussions will not be for the joy of discussions .

because if I was wrong in my belief then hell-fire is my everlasting home . and if you were wrong about prophet Mohammad then your last station is the hell-fire .
You are correct about this. InshAllah after this discussion and others, you will come to know Jesus Christ, and escape the fires of hell.
steps wrote: The first prove about prophet Mohammad from the bible :

( The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war. For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it. ) Isa Ch 21 : 13 -17
Isaiah 12:13-17.
steps wrote: ( The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge ) No doubt the verse reported about the Arabian Peninsula…. And no prophet came from Arab land except prophet Mohammad .
The verse says nothing about a prophet. Where do you see the word "prophet" mentioned above? The verse speaks of Arabian fighters being destroyed, as God predicted.
steps wrote: (O ye travelling companies of Dedanim. )Dedan : grandchild of the prophet Ibrahim from his wife Keturah … Dedanim lived in north or south the Arab land . the next verse shows where they lived ?

(The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty they prevented with their bread him that fled For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war) The verses reported about the emigration from Baca to the north in al - Madinah because the unbelievers were agonizing the Muslims … Allah commanded the Muslims to emigrate

Tema : a city in Saudi Arabia … the Jews were living in Teama .. then some of them traveled to al - Madinah … so the God speaks to them (The inhabitants of the land of Tema ) because it is the new kingdom of God … it is also the preaching of Jesus about Mohammad the expected Prophet is coming to you .. help him ( brought water to him that was thirsty . they prevented with their bread him that fled ) but the Jews as usual refused and disobeyed …and the people of Madinah took this Honor …

(For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it. )) Kedar : son of Ishmael lived in Baca ( Makkaha ) . and prophet Mohammad from them .
The city is "Tema", not Mecca. There is nothing mentioned about Muslims being forced to emigrate, or a prophet (either Jewish or Arabian) appearing. The verse talks about the Arabs being destroyed, not about pagan Arabs being destroyed by Muslim Arabs.

Isaiah 12:13-17 says absolutely nothing about Muhammad.
steps wrote:
In the Quran : ((The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka; full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings: ))

also the bible mentioned Baca :[ 6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.]

the Arabic Christians changed the Name " Baca " started with a capital letter [ B ] to the word " weeping " . just because the prophecy speaks about prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam
There is no mention in this verse of Arabia, just the valley of Bacca. Mecca is not mentioned here. What proof do you have that the verse originally said "Mecca" and is now instead "Bacca"?
steps wrote: the glory of Kedar shall fail : indeed the victory came when the Muslims opened Baca .. all glory of Kedar fail ....
Only Isaiah 21:13-17 doesn't say anything about either Muhammad or anyone else triumphing over the Arabs, it merely states their warriors are destroyed.
steps wrote: Allah reported in the Quran about this victory : (([1] When comes the Help of Allah, and Victory, [2] And thou dost see the People enter Allah's Religion in crowds,[3] Celebrate the Praises of thy Lord, and pray for His Forgiveness: for He is Oft-Returning (in Grace and Mercy).)
Perhaps, but it has nothing to do with Isaiah 21:13-17.
steps wrote: Very important note about verse 17

17 and the residue of the number of the archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished; for HaShem, the G-d of Israel, hath spoken it.

The rabbis did not know the meaning of the name " Hashem " . therefore they consider it one of God's names.

But the verse speaks about a result of a war for Hashem .
who is Hashem ?

Hashem is the grandfather of prophet Mohammad peace be upon him .
The prophet's lineage : Muhammad son of Abd Allah son of Abd al-Muttalib son of Hashim son of Abd Manaf

----------------------------------------------
Jews have always called God "Hashem". Do you speak Hebrew? How do you know that in Hebrew it is not one of the words used to call God?

Let's assume that "Hashem" is Muhammad's grandfather. The verse then would say:

The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war. For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD (Hashem) God of Israel hath spoken it. ) Isa Ch 21 : 13 -17

If Hashem is the word, it would mean that Muhammad's grandfather was the God of Israel. It would also mean he prophesied this. Do you believe his grandpa was either God or a prophet? Of course not. "Hashem" obviously is a term for God in the Bible, not Muhammad's grandpa.
steps wrote: Is it the coincidence mention the emigration of prophet Mohammad ?
Muhammad is not mentioned anywhere in the text, neither is his migration.
steps wrote: Is it the coincidence mention the name of Mohammad's grandfather ?
"Hashem" may be Muhammad's grandfathers' name, but the text was not about him. He was neither God, nor did he prophesy.
steps wrote: Is it the coincidence mention the great victory and the rise of Islam ?
The text does not mention either victories of defeats or the rise or fall of Islam.
steps wrote: Who is Mohammad ?
A man who believed he was God's prophet.
steps wrote: He is the seal of prophets , and the carrier of the last Message from Allah . whomever believed him will be saved and whom rejected him will be lost.

[174. O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. ]
Then why does the Quran contain mistakes, like mistakenly attributing Nabataean architecture to those of the the Thamud? I will present more errors in the Quran and the hadiths soon, which will inshAllah prove to you that Allah is not the founder of Islam.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by steps »

I hope you will be able to find a better answer .

So in my next test from your book about prophet Mohammad , I hope you will find good justifications . or you will be unqualified to speak about Quran until you prove your ability to speak about your book .

MY Respect . O:)