To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

TG123
Apprentice

Contradiction on Muslims and hell in Bukhari Hadiths

Post #1

Post by TG123 »

Assalamu Alaikum,

I was wondering how Muslims would reconcile the contradiction in the hadiths below. Both are found in the Bukhari collection, which is believed to be an accurate depiction of Muhammad's words.

(7) Narrated 'Utban bin Malik Al-Ansari: who was one of the men of the tribe of Bani Salim: Allah's Apostle came to me and said, "If anybody comes on the Day of Resurrection who has said: La ilaha illal-lah, sincerely, with the intention to win Allah's Pleasure, Allah will make the hell-Fire forbidden for him." (Book #76, Hadith #431)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith ... h_word=all

(1) Narrated Al-Ahnaf bin Qais: While I was going to help this man ('Ali Ibn Abi Talib), Abu Bakra met me and asked, "Where are you going?" I replied, "I am going to help that person." He said, "Go back for I have heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'When two muslims fight (meet) each other with their swords, both the murderer as well as the murdered will go to the Hell-fire.' I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! It is all right for the murderer but what about the murdered one?' Allah's Apostle replied, "He surely had the intention to kill his companion." (Book #2, Hadith #30)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith ... h_word=all

Muhammad stated that all who say " La ilaha illal-lah", or, "there is no god but God", sincerely, will have hellfire denied to them. Of course, saying " La ilaha illal-lah" is part of the shahadah, "La ilaha illal-lah Muhammad al rasul Allah", or "There is no god but God and Muhammad is the Messenger of God". One cannot become a Muslim without saying it, and it must be said sincerely, otherwise it does not count. Muhammad stated that God will forbid the hell-fire for those who say the shahada. Since every Muslim has said the shahada, this would mean that God will deny hellfire for every Muslim.

Yet, Muhammad also said that when 2 Muslims fight with swords, both the killer and the killed will go to hell.

So on one hand, Muhammad said that those who say the shahada sincerely (every Muslim) will have hell-fire denied to him or her... yet on the other, he said that there will be Muslims who will go to hell.

Contradicting oneself is a purely human thing. I've done it, I'm sure everyone has at some point.

Yet if Muhammad was getting his information about hell from God, then it couldn't be contradictory since God does not contradict Himself. If he was getting it from some other source, than clearly he was not God's prophet, and was talking about Him and the afterlife without consulting Him.

I believe Muhammad did many good and honourable things. He opposed infant sacrifices. He showed mercy to his enemies at times. He spoke out against polytheism and atheism.

But he was not a prophet of God. Examples like the one above, as well as mistakes in the Quran, show us that Islam is not from God.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by steps »

Hello , TG
I am very busy because of my daughter wedding after 3 days .
InSha'a Allah at the 5th day , you will receive my answer

TG123
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by TG123 »

[Replying to steps]

As a Palestinian friend told me when I got married, MashAllah Mabruk! May God bless your daughter and her new family, and you and your family.

That's ok that you are busy now, I need to make an edit on my post anyhow.

Take care, we will talk later inshAllah.

TG123

TG123
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by TG123 »

[Replying to post 3 by TG123]
Salaam Alaikum, steps. I need to make a correction to my original post. I realize that the hadith about the Muslims killing each other would not be contradictory, because by killing a fellow Muslim the murderer according to your faith would become a non-Muslim. So there is no contradiction between Book# 76 Hadith #431 and Book #2 Hadith #30. I was wrong in stating that there is, I am sorry for the error.

However, what about #532? It discusses very clearly the fate of Muslims who were disobedient. It states that some of them will be thrown in hell, and depending on how little faith and good works they did, their bodies will be burnt in varying intensity. However, everyone of these Muslims had said "there is no god but God" sincerely (otherwise they couldn't have became Muslims), and they died believers. According to Muhammad, those who said "there is no god but God" sincerely would have Hellfire denied to them. Yet God will allegedly throw those of them who were disobedient into Hell for a while.

(2) Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon when the sky is clear?" We said, "No." He said, "So you will have no difficulty in seeing your Lord on that Day as you have no difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon (in a clear sky)." The Prophet then said, "Somebody will then announce, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship.' So the companions of the cross will go with their cross, and the idolators (will go) with their idols, and the companions of every god (false deities) (will go) with their god, till there remain those who used to worship Allah, both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, and some of the people of the Scripture. Then Hell will be presented to them as if it were a mirage. Then it will be said to the jews, "What did you use to worship?' They will reply, 'We used to worship ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What do you want (now)?' They will reply, 'We want You to provide us with water.' Then it will be said to them 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). Then it will be said to the Christians, 'What did you use to worship?' They will reply, 'We used to worship Messiah, the son of Allah.' It will be said, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What: do you want (now)?' They will say, 'We want You to provide us with water.' It will be said to them, 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). When there remain only those who used to worship Allah (Alone), both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, it will be said to them, 'What keeps you here when all the people have gone?' They will say, 'We parted with them (in the world) when we were in greater need of them than we are today, we heard the call of one proclaiming, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation. These people will try to prostrate but their backs will be rigid like one piece of a wood (and they will not be able to prostrate). Then the bridge will be laid across Hell." We, the companions of the Prophet said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the bridge?' He said, "It is a slippery (bridge) on which there are clamps and (Hooks like) a thorny seed that is wide at one side and narrow at the other and has thorns with bent ends. Such a thorny seed is found in Najd and is called As-Sa'dan. Some of the believers will cross the bridge as quickly as the wink of an eye, some others as quick as lightning, a strong wind, fast horses or she-camels. So some will be safe without any harm; some will be safe after receiving some scratches, and some will fall down into Hell (Fire). The last person will cross by being dragged (over the bridge)." The Prophet said, "You (Muslims) cannot be more pressing in claiming from me a right that has been clearly proved to be yours than the believers in interceding with Almighty for their (Muslim) brothers on that Day, when they see themselves safe. They will say, 'O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.' Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.' Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners. They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar.' They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant), and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize." Abu Sa'id said: If you do not believe me then read the Holy Verse:-- 'Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant) but if there is any good (done) He doubles it.' (4.40) The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty (Allah) will say, 'Now remains My Intercession. He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life. They will grow on its banks, as a seed carried by the torrent grows. You have noticed how it grows beside a rock or beside a tree, and how the side facing the sun is usually green while the side facing the shade is white. Those people will come out (of the River of Life) like pearls, and they will have (golden) necklaces, and then they will enter Paradise whereupon the people of Paradise will say, 'These are the people emancipated by the Beneficent. He has admitted them into Paradise without them having done any good deeds and without sending forth any good (for themselves).' Then it will be said to them, 'For you is what you have seen and its equivalent as well.'" (Book #93, Hadith #532s)
http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display ... =532s#532s

Either saying the Shahadah sincerely will mean that anyone who says it will be denied hellfire, or that some Muslims, despite having said it sincerely, will go to hell.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by steps »

From the main topic , we can conclude the massive crime if the Muslim killed a Muslim .or if the Muslim killed an innocent person from non-Muslims

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, : (Whoever killed a person having a treaty of protection with Muslims, shall not smell the scent of Paradise, though its scent is perceived from a distance of forty years. )

the Prophet said : ( whoever wronged a person having a treaty of protection with Muslims ,or derogated his right , or bore him greater than his ability , or took his thing by force , I shall contend with him at judgment day )

The prophet said : (The vanishing of the entire world is less important to Allah than bloodshed without right )

Allah says : [151. Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom. ] Surah 6

Also in Surah 5 :[ 32. On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.]

The result :

The false claim by many ignorant people about Islam that Allah is hateful or commands his followers to kill people is claim based on nothing but ignorance and arrogance to accept the truth , because there are general rules in the Quran , Muslims depend on them and apply them :

[ 190. Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors ]

[ 61. But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah. for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).].

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by steps »

TG123 wrote: [Replying to post 3 by TG123]
Salaam Alaikum, steps. I need to make a correction to my original post. I realize that the hadith about the Muslims killing each other would not be contradictory, because by killing a fellow Muslim the murderer according to your faith would become a non-Muslim. So there is no contradiction between Book# 76 Hadith #431 and Book #2 Hadith #30. I was wrong in stating that there is, I am sorry for the error.
Allah is the forgiver , if the person repented .
If the killer repented sincerely to Allah then submitted himself to the Law , the family of the person who has been killed has the right to do one of these things :
The Punishment by Killing him .
Or they forgive him.
Or he gives them blood money.

�ي مدارج السالكين وغيره: إذا تاب القاتل من حق الله وسلم ن�سه طوعا إلى الوارث ليستو�ي منه حق موروثه سقط عنه حق الله بالتوبة وحق الأولياء بالاستي�اء، أو الصلح، أو الع�و، وبقي حق المقتول يعوضه الله تعالى عنه يوم القيامة عن عبده التائب المحسن ويصلح بينه وبينه، �لا يذهب حق هذا ولا تبطل توبة هذا.

http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.p ... &Id=156609

Even the unbeliever , if he repented and believed in Allah before death but not during the death moments , Allah will forgive all his sins . except the rights of people .

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by steps »

However, what about #532? It discusses very clearly the fate of Muslims who were disobedient. It states that some of them will be thrown in hell, and depending on how little faith and good works they did, their bodies will be burnt in varying intensity. However, everyone of these Muslims had said "there is no god but God" sincerely (otherwise they couldn't have became Muslims), and they died believers. According to Muhammad, those who said "there is no god but God" sincerely would have Hellfire denied to them. Yet God will allegedly throw those of them who were disobedient into Hell for a while.

(2) Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon when the sky is clear?" We said, "No." He said, "So you will have no difficulty in seeing your Lord on that Day as you have no difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon (in a clear sky)." The Prophet then said, "Somebody will then announce, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship.' So the companions of the cross will go with their cross, and the idolators (will go) with their idols, and the companions of every god (false deities) (will go) with their god, till there remain those who used to worship Allah, both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, and some of the people of the Scripture. Then Hell will be presented to them as if it were a mirage. Then it will be said to the jews, "What did you use to worship?' They will reply, 'We used to worship ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What do you want (now)?' They will reply, 'We want You to provide us with water.' Then it will be said to them 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). Then it will be said to the Christians, 'What did you use to worship?' They will reply, 'We used to worship Messiah, the son of Allah.' It will be said, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What: do you want (now)?' They will say, 'We want You to provide us with water.' It will be said to them, 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). When there remain only those who used to worship Allah (Alone), both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, it will be said to them, 'What keeps you here when all the people have gone?' They will say, 'We parted with them (in the world) when we were in greater need of them than we are today, we heard the call of one proclaiming, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation. These people will try to prostrate but their backs will be rigid like one piece of a wood (and they will not be able to prostrate). Then the bridge will be laid across Hell." We, the companions of the Prophet said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the bridge?' He said, "It is a slippery (bridge) on which there are clamps and (Hooks like) a thorny seed that is wide at one side and narrow at the other and has thorns with bent ends. Such a thorny seed is found in Najd and is called As-Sa'dan. Some of the believers will cross the bridge as quickly as the wink of an eye, some others as quick as lightning, a strong wind, fast horses or she-camels. So some will be safe without any harm; some will be safe after receiving some scratches, and some will fall down into Hell (Fire). The last person will cross by being dragged (over the bridge)." The Prophet said, "You (Muslims) cannot be more pressing in claiming from me a right that has been clearly proved to be yours than the believers in interceding with Almighty for their (Muslim) brothers on that Day, when they see themselves safe. They will say, 'O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.' Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.' Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners. They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar.' They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant), and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize." Abu Sa'id said: If you do not believe me then read the Holy Verse:-- 'Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant) but if there is any good (done) He doubles it.' (4.40) The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty (Allah) will say, 'Now remains My Intercession. He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life. They will grow on its banks, as a seed carried by the torrent grows. You have noticed how it grows beside a rock or beside a tree, and how the side facing the sun is usually green while the side facing the shade is white. Those people will come out (of the River of Life) like pearls, and they will have (golden) necklaces, and then they will enter Paradise whereupon the people of Paradise will say, 'These are the people emancipated by the Beneficent. He has admitted them into Paradise without them having done any good deeds and without sending forth any good (for themselves).' Then it will be said to them, 'For you is what you have seen and its equivalent as well.'" (Book #93, Hadith #532s)

Either saying the Shahadah sincerely will mean that anyone who says it will be denied hellfire, or that some Muslims, despite having said it sincerely, will go to hell.
The right of the people , Muslims and non-Muslims

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked one group of his companions, “Do you know who the bankrupt person is?�They said, “A bankrupt person amongst us is the one who has neither money nor property.�The Prophet (pbuh) said, “The bankrupt person of my nation is he who would come on the Day of Resurrection with prayer and fast and giving great amounts in charity. And at the same time, he would come having abused this one, and slandered that one, and consumed the wealth of the other unlawfully, and shed the blood of yet others and having beaten others. Then any person whom he has wronged will be given from his good deeds on that Day. And if his good deeds are exhausted until he clears the account concerning all of the people he has oppressed, the sins of those people whom he has wronged will be thrown unto his account and after that, he will be thrown into the hellfire.]

The Conditions of La ilaha illa Allah [ Shahadah ]

http://sunnahonline.com/library/beliefs ... illa-allah

TG123
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote: From the main topic , we can conclude the massive crime if the Muslim killed a Muslim .or if the Muslim killed an innocent person from non-Muslims

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, : (Whoever killed a person having a treaty of protection with Muslims, shall not smell the scent of Paradise, though its scent is perceived from a distance of forty years. )

the Prophet said : ( whoever wronged a person having a treaty of protection with Muslims ,or derogated his right , or bore him greater than his ability , or took his thing by force , I shall contend with him at judgment day )

The prophet said : (The vanishing of the entire world is less important to Allah than bloodshed without right )

Allah says : [151. Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom. ] Surah 6

Also in Surah 5 :[ 32. On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.]

The result :

The false claim by many ignorant people about Islam that Allah is hateful or commands his followers to kill people is claim based on nothing but ignorance and arrogance to accept the truth , because there are general rules in the Quran , Muslims depend on them and apply them :

[ 190. Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors ]

[ 61. But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah. for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).].
Assalamu Alaikum, steps.

I know Islam does not teach its followers to kill fellow Muslims or non-Muslims. That is a false claim against your religion, and a claim that I refute when I see others post it. Your religion teaches that it is acceptable to fight those who are fighting Muslims and that it is ok to defend oneself, it does not teach it is ok to attack non-Muslims who are innocent and not harming anyone.

My religion teaches love for enemies, so even if people are attacking me, I am not allowed to defend myself but have to love my enemies and turn the other cheek. So in this way, Islam and Christianity differ. Islam allows violence in self-defence, while Christianity does not allow it at all. Throughout history, both Christians and Muslims have done terrible things in spite of what our religions teach.

If I understand correctly, a Muslim who unjustly kills another person ceases to be a Muslim and dies a disbeliever, yes?

That is why I have taken back my claim of contradiction on that particular hadith.

TG123
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote:
Allah is the forgiver , if the person repented .
If the killer repented sincerely to Allah then submitted himself to the Law , the family of the person who has been killed has the right to do one of these things :
The Punishment by Killing him .
Or they forgive him.
Or he gives them blood money.

�ي مدارج السالكين وغيره: إذا تاب القاتل من حق الله وسلم ن�سه طوعا إلى الوارث ليستو�ي منه حق موروثه سقط عنه حق الله بالتوبة وحق الأولياء بالاستي�اء، أو الصلح، أو الع�و، وبقي حق المقتول يعوضه الله تعالى عنه يوم القيامة عن عبده التائب المحسن ويصلح بينه وبينه، �لا يذهب حق هذا ولا تبطل توبة هذا.

http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.p ... &Id=156609

Even the unbeliever , if he repented and believed in Allah before death but not during the death moments , Allah will forgive all his sins . except the rights of people .
Salaam Alaikum, and thanks for clarifying. If however the Muslim who kills another Muslim dies without repenting, he is no longer a believer and enters hell forever, correct?

TG123
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by TG123 »

steps wrote:

The right of the people , Muslims and non-Muslims

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked one group of his companions, “Do you know who the bankrupt person is?�They said, “A bankrupt person amongst us is the one who has neither money nor property.�The Prophet (pbuh) said, “The bankrupt person of my nation is he who would come on the Day of Resurrection with prayer and fast and giving great amounts in charity. And at the same time, he would come having abused this one, and slandered that one, and consumed the wealth of the other unlawfully, and shed the blood of yet others and having beaten others. Then any person whom he has wronged will be given from his good deeds on that Day. And if his good deeds are exhausted until he clears the account concerning all of the people he has oppressed, the sins of those people whom he has wronged will be thrown unto his account and after that, he will be thrown into the hellfire.]

The Conditions of La ilaha illa Allah [ Shahadah ]

http://sunnahonline.com/library/beliefs ... illa-allah
Salaam Alaikum, and thank you for explaining. If a person takes the Shahadah and does not meet the conditions and goes to hellfire, then Muhammad was not truthful when he stated that saying "La ilaha illa Allah" or "La ilaha illa Allah Muhammad ar-rasul Allah" will mean that a person will not enter hellfire. Obviously, some who say this phrase will enter it.