God the Father

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

God the Father

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Does Islam contain the concept of God loving his human création like a father? If yes, do you have any specific verses in the Quran you can direct me to?

If not, does the Quran refer to God loving anyone or anything? If so can you direct me to any specific passages.

Thank you.

jeager106
Scholar

Post #2

Post by jeager106 »

It does not appear you are going to get an answer.
I can't imagine any loving "god" condoning murder, suicide, murder by suicide
and the random murder of innocent civilians under the guise of reward
from some "god" that promises a heavenly sexual orgy.
"Islam" -The religion of Peace.

See:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ for the latest attacks on innocents worldwide.

Weekly jihad attacks world wide from the Religion of Peace.
Weekly Jihad Report

Nov 14 - Nov 20
Jihad Attacks:
Allah Akbars*:
Dead Bodies:
Critically Injured:

When was the last time we heard of a Catholic suicide bombing anyone anywhere.
(or any Christian for that matter)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 2 by jeager106]

No I don't think there are any Muslims currently frequenting this site. Shame.

Thanks anyway

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #4

Post by Abdelrahman »

Hey there JehovahsWitness!

We don’t have the concept of God being like a “father� in His love BUT we do have a hadith (recorded saying of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) describing Gods love for His servants as being MORE than a mother’s love for her child.

“Allah is more merciful to his servants than a mother is to her child.� - Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5653, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2754

We also have many beautiful passages in the Quran AND hadith on God’s love and mercy. In a very beautiful hadith where the Prophet Muhammad says that Allah said:

“On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.� – Hadith Qudsi 15

We also have from the Quran:

“My mercy encompasses all things.� – The Holy Quran (7:156)

I could list for days. In Islam, God loves His creation more than a mother loves her child.

Pretty beautiful stuff. Hope that answers your question!

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #5

Post by Abdelrahman »

jeager106 wrote: It does not appear you are going to get an answer.
I can't imagine any loving "god" condoning murder, suicide, murder by suicide
and the random murder of innocent civilians under the guise of reward
from some "god" that promises a heavenly sexual orgy.
"Islam" -The religion of Peace.

See:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ for the latest attacks on innocents worldwide.

Weekly jihad attacks world wide from the Religion of Peace.
Weekly Jihad Report

Nov 14 - Nov 20
Jihad Attacks:
Allah Akbars*:
Dead Bodies:
Critically Injured:

When was the last time we heard of a Catholic suicide bombing anyone anywhere.
(or any Christian for that matter)
I am a fully practicing Muslim. I grew up in the Middle East and would say I study my faith well. NO WHERE does Islam condone suicide.. in fact.. its a grave sin.

Murdering innocents is also a grave sin. We are told that to kill a human being is like to kill all of mankind and to save a human being is like saving all of mankind.

My religion teaches me not to even hunt for sport. The acts carried out by terrorist organizations claiming to be strict followers of my religion are shunned by Muslims worldwide. You must first understand politics in the Middle East if you want to understand anything about terrorists. Then you must understand the religion to see why we shun them.

Wootah
Savant

Re: God the Father

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Does Islam contain the concept of God loving his human création like a father? If yes, do you have any specific verses in the Quran you can direct me to?

If not, does the Quran refer to God loving anyone or anything? If so can you direct me to any specific passages.

Thank you.
There are 99 names of Allah and Father isn't one of them.

https://99namesofallah.name/

Allah is just not compatible with Jesus. Think of all the times Jesus calls God Father and then the fact that not one name of Allah is Father. Incredible.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #7

Post by Abdelrahman »

Wootah wrote:
There are 99 names of Allah and Father isn't one of them.

https://99namesofallah.name/

Allah is just not compatible with Jesus. Think of all the times Jesus calls God Father and then the fact that not one name of Allah is Father. Incredible.
I'd like to note that Allah is the just word and name of God in Arabic. If you open an arabic copy of the Bible you will find the word Allah many times. So we are only speaking of God here.

"Ye have heard now I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

Who is the Father that is GREATER than Jesus himself.

"So Jesus said, "I am with you only a little while longer, and then I am going to the One who sent Me."" [John 7:33]

The One who sent you? Sent you? Didn't you send yourself Jesus?

We don't describe God as being like a father since people would mistaken this to mean actual father, when God is beyond animal acts and can do no such thing.

"But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination." - The Holy Qur'an [5:18]

We actually have a verse that references people of scripture that call themselves 'children of God'. We are told to ask then why does God punish you for your sins if you are His children and whom He loves? God forgives whom He wants, no sacrifice needed, just sincerity. God is beyond having children, nor was he begotten. But God still loves you more than your mother does :)

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 7 by Abdelrahman]

We are speaking of God.
"Ye have heard now I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

Who is the Father that is GREATER than Jesus himself.

"So Jesus said, "I am with you only a little while longer, and then I am going to the One who sent Me."" [John 7:33]

The One who sent you? Sent you? Didn't you send yourself Jesus?
Yes you are in good company with the JWs in denying Jesus divinity. This topic isn't on the Trinity.

Aren't you surprised that Jesus calls God, 'Abba Father' and yet you say you respect Jesus but not even one of the names of Allah is Father?

On a scale of 1 - 10 how shocking was that news for you?
We don't describe God as being like a father since people would mistaken this to mean actual father, when God is beyond animal acts and can do no such thing.

Are you arguing:
- that you know Muslims that are intellectually incapable of understanding symbolism?
- Allah is not omnipotent and there are things Allah cannot do?

There is someone amazing waiting for you when you call on God as your father. You are the child he has been calling.

"But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination." - The Holy Qur'an [5:18]

We actually have a verse that references people of scripture that call themselves 'children of God'. We are told to ask then why does God punish you for your sins if you are His children and whom He loves? God forgives whom He wants, no sacrifice needed, just sincerity. God is beyond having children, nor was he begotten. But God still loves you more than your mother does Smile
There are two answers here.

1) I would feel more sorry for the ones that God does not discipline as a father does. Is it loving for a father to discipline their children or is it loving for a father to let their children do as they please?

2) This is a fallen world and all are sentenced to death for their sins. So death and disease and hardship are no mystery to Christians. We await and suffer through our trials for the assured hope awaiting the children of God.

Your Koran verse is interesting. Are you arguing that Allah can send good faithful Muslims to hell? Similarly, Allah forgives who he wants so do you expect non Muslims in paradise?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #9

Post by Abdelrahman »

Wootah wrote:
We are speaking of God.
It doesn't make sense. God is not greater than Himself. He does not return Himself to Himself.. how does that make sense. We know the history of early Christianity and so it is no surprise why contradicting verses exist with one another.
Wootah wrote: Yes you are in good company with the JWs in denying Jesus divinity. This topic isn't on the Trinity.
I'd like to debate a JW one day, learn more about why they choose to reject Jesus's divinity although you all share the same Bible I would assume.
Wootah wrote: Aren't you surprised that Jesus calls God, 'Abba Father' and yet you say you respect Jesus but not even one of the names of Allah is Father?
The Bible also says the world is 5000 years old, men can wrestle God and win, anyone who's - mind my language - testicles were crushed won't be admitted into the community of God, says money is the answer for everything, the Bible makes numerous incorrect biological statements about the animal kingdom, and according to the Bible, God was about to kill Moses but because he had - again mind my language, but this is in the Bible - foreskin blood on his feet, God decided not to. So how can you expect me to believe that Jesus actually said that according to the same text riddled with contradictions?
Wootah wrote: On a scale of 1 - 10 how shocking was that news for you?

Almost as shocking as this verse:

"Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction." - The Holy Qur'an [4:82]
Wootah wrote: Are you arguing:
- that you know Muslims that are intellectually incapable of understanding symbolism?

Humanity has proven time and time again that yes, we are incapable. Even the Children of Israel who God saved from Pharoah and Moses's miracles which they witnessed first hand, was not enough to prevent them from re-building idols and worshipping them. - Exodus [4:24-26]

Early Christian history shows us that many different sects of Christianity existed and it is at the Council of Nicaea that all the contradictory verses and beliefs were rationalized and the trinity born. People worship graves and shrines, so language is key. As you see today, the result of calling God Father for so long has resulted in Christians believing God is capable of having animal children.

"Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." - The Holy Qur'an [112:1-4]
Wootah wrote: - Allah is not omnipotent and there are things Allah cannot do?

There is someone amazing waiting for you when you call on God as your father. You are the child he has been calling.

Yes. The Islamic God is defined. If God lies, He ceases being God. So God cannot lie. God also cannot be created nor die. The moment He does, He nullifies the very nature of God. See we don't have all these logical fallacies with regards to our concept of God since He is defined properly. How do you know that the Christian God isn't lying to you? How do you know that after accepting His son as savior, that he'd trick everyone and put the believers in hell?
Wootah wrote: There are two answers here.

1) I would feel more sorry for the ones that God does not discipline as a father does. Is it loving for a father to discipline their children or is it loving for a father to let their children do as they please?

In Islam, God loves you more than your mother. So if you at least accept that a father's love is equal to a mothers then God loves His creation even more than ones father as well. Words carry meaning. To us, to call yourselves children of God is to exalt yourself. We are not anywhere near being divine entities and we are surely not Gods children in the literal sense of the word. If (BIG IF) God Almighty had children they'd be divine entities and He would not test His own children. We are only stating that you should not take it literally.
Wootah wrote: 2) This is a fallen world and all are sentenced to death for their sins. So death and disease and hardship are no mystery to Christians. We await and suffer through our trials for the assured hope awaiting the children of God.

We also bear trials patiently as a test from God, and hope for His mercy. But we are not his children, he is beyond such descriptions.
Wootah wrote: Your Koran verse is interesting. Are you arguing that Allah can send good faithful Muslims to hell? Similarly, Allah forgives who he wants so do you expect non Muslims in paradise?

Yes. We are told that people do not attain heaven by their actions alone..but by God's mercy. If someone is a Muslim, believes in God and His prophets (pbut) but lived a sinful life so much so that his sins outweighed his good deeds, he/she would go to hell for the difference. So belief is not enough, one must also be a good person with their actions. Belief guarantees entry into heaven EVENTUALLY, but if you've been a bad person your whole life, you will get punished either in this world or the next.

Similarly, if one lives their lives on a secluded Island and never heard of Gods word or revelation and dies, then God would judge you separately based on what you knew. God is fair. So yes, a non-Muslim can enter heaven if God wills.
Any people who followed their sent Prophet (pbuh), like Moses's people, will go to heaven. The people who followed Jesus (pbuh), the people who followed Abraham (pbuh), all these believers will go to heaven. In our eyes, they were all 'muslims' because 'muslim' only means one who submits their will to God Almighty.

We have a story of a devout woman who worshipped God her whole life but she starved a cat in a cage and did not feed it. She was sent to hell to burn for that crime. Another woman who was a prostitute, saw a thirsty dog and climbed down a well to bring it some water, she was forgiven her life of sin and went to heaven. Thus is God's mercy. He is the Most Merciful. All you have to do is ask and then be a good person with good actions.

Hope that answered your questions!

mms20102
Scholar

Post #10

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

It's much late reply but I hope it becomes useful.

The word father was introduced inside the bible for Jews and Jews misunderstood it as a real father so they took Jesus as the son of God that's why in Islam the word Father was changed from (having the same pronunciation as "up" but written as " أب ") to ( having the same pronunciation as "rub" and written as " رب " ) with the meaning the one in charge.

رب can be said to anyone who is in charge of a group of people and also can mean the host and the provider of sustenance.

As for the verses

Quran 2:195
And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.

Quran 2:222

And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them (sexually not physically) until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves."

Quran 3:31
Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Quran 3:76
But yes, whoever fulfills his commitment and fears Allah - then indeed, Allah loves those who fear Him.

Quran 3:134
Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good.

Quran3:146-148

And how many a prophet [fought and] with him fought many religious scholars. But they never lost assurance due to what afflicted them in the cause of Allah, nor did they weaken or submit. And Allah loves the steadfast.And their words were not but that they said, "Our Lord, forgive us our sins and the excess [committed] in our affairs and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people." So Allah gave them the reward of this world and the good reward of the Hereafter. And Allah loves the doers of good.

Quran3:159
So by mercy from Allah, [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].

Quran5:13
So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.

Quran 5:42

[They are] avid listeners to falsehood, devourers of [what is] unlawful. So if they come to you, [O Muhammad], judge between them or turn away from them. And if you turn away from them - never will they harm you at all. And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Quran 5:93
There is not upon those who believe and do righteousness [any] blame concerning what they have eaten [in the past] if they [now] fear Allah and believe and do righteous deeds, and then fear Allah and believe, and then fear Allah and do good; and Allah loves the doers of good.

Quran 9:4
Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].

Quran 9:108
Do not stand [for prayer] within it - ever. A mosque founded on righteousness from the first day is more worthy for you to stand in. Within it are men who love to purify themselves; and Allah loves those who purify themselves.

Quran 20:38-39
When We inspired to your mother what We inspired,Cast him into the chest and cast it into the river, and the river will throw it onto the bank; there will take him an enemy to Me and an enemy to him.' And I bestowed upon you love from Me that you would be brought up under My eye.

Quran 49:7-9

And know that among you is the Messenger of Allah . If he were to obey you in much of the matter, you would be in difficulty, but Allah has endeared to you the faith and has made it pleasing in your hearts and has made hateful to you disbelief, defiance and disobedience. Those are the [rightly] guided.[It is] as bounty from Allah and favor. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.And if two factions among the believers should fight, then make settlement between the two. But if one of them oppresses the other, then fight against the one that oppresses until it returns to the ordinance of Allah . And if it returns, then make settlement between them in justice and act justly. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Quran 61:4

Indeed, Allah loves those who fight in His cause in a row as though they are a [single] structure joined firmly.

Those are almost all the verses that includes god's love

May god loves you.