Is Quran the word of God ?!

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

mms20102
Scholar

Is Quran the word of God ?!

Post #1

Post by mms20102 »

Many guys reached to point they need to debate the existence of Quran as a true revelation .

I giving a chance for everybody to do his best in criticizing Quran and I Hope he or she read enough about it

Good Luck :D

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #2

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Tradition has it as the exact words of god, but of course there are passages which sound distinctly... human. It's difficult to imagine a god saying them. E.g.

"Shall I then seek a judge other than Allah?" (6:114)

English translations of this passage have "[Say]" at the start of the verse, but the command to 'say' is not there in the original Arabic at all. Those are the words of allah itself... asking if it should seek a judge other than allah. Hmmm...
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

mms20102
Scholar

Post #3

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 2 by Pazuzu bin Hanbi]

" And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.
But if you do not and you won't , then fear the Fire, whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers "

If you start reading the chapter from the start you will see that some verses has the word say and some other don't as a result quran is not separated verses but each is a continue to the other

going back to 109 you will see the word " SAY "

if god is speaking to his prophet he will not mention say but after couple verses the say is always there

snake
Student

Re: Is Quran the word of God ?!

Post #4

Post by snake »

[Replying to mms20102]
HI guys
I do not agree that the Qur'an are the word of GOD and Muhammad his messenger and why is that lets take a look below...

IF we take a look at the torah (old testament) we see two tests are given to a prophet of GOD in Deuteronomy 18 verse 17-22

But if a prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in my name which i have not commanded him to speak that prophet shall die..GOD said.
(1) Muhammad said i have fabricated things against GOD (Allah) and have imputed to him words which he has not spoken ( al-tabari 6,111).

Deuteronomy 18 verse 17-22
If a person speaks in the name of other GODs that person is a false prophet.
(2)Muhammad spoke in the name of false GODs the polytheists were delighted that Muhammad had at last approved of their GODs (al-tabari page 109)

Muhammad realized or, for he soon learn that his verses praising pagan idols came not from GOD but from Satan (al-Tabari page 111).

If Muhammad lived in the time of Moses,Moses would've told the people to stone Muhammad to death for he is a false Prophet as i pointed out these tests of the bible which he failed badly so this means the Qur'an cont be the word of GOD
And it fails to replace the bible as well.

mms20102
Scholar

Post #5

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to snake]

first I would like you to review this page from the source you gave me as what you say is just misleading
http://www.answering-christianity.com/t ... age107.png http://www.answering-christianity.com/t ... 08-109.png http://www.answering-christianity.com/t ... 10-111.png
http://www.answering-christianity.com/t ... age112.png

hope you can read the text as whole

second I didn't ask is mohammed is the prophet of god I asked is the quran is the word of god ty brother

I can reply to your claims about my prophet but this is not the right place

snake
Student

Post #6

Post by snake »

[Replying to mms20102]
HI AGAIN

MY POINT IS

Muhammad confess his mistake alleging that all Prophets were tempted by Satan who inspired him with demonic verses as if they were from GOD (Allah), but later on GOD (Allah) abrogated those satanic verses with a new revelation and instruct his prophet with new verses according to Islam , Allah permits such demonic inspiration to test weak believers and to cut off theses harden hearts.. (al-tabari vol6 109)

Now if Muhammad was unable to distinguish between Satan voice and GODS (Allah) voice, then how do Muslims know if the entire Qur'an is not from Satan himself....

mms20102
Scholar

Post #7

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 6 by snake]

1- This story is doubted and only narrated to show all opinions

2- The only accepted source is Bukhari

3- It is a fact that the Bible claims that satan led Jesus and tempted him (Mark 1:12-13, Luke 4:1-2, Luke 4:5-6):

4- It is a fact that the Bible claims that satan dragged and led Jesus through this temptation for 40 days and 40 nights. It got so ridiculous that satan even had Jesus STAND on top of the temple (Matthew 4:5-10, Luke 4:10-12, it was as big as a fortress; see the Jewish wailing wall of today and how big it is), and hang from it pushing him and tempting him to jump and commit suicide

5- Where do Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310/923) and Ibn Sa'd claim to be the sources of the so-called 'Satanic verses'? It is precisely the opposite. They have only transmitted the story as it was transmitted to them. Al-Tabari mentions the so-called 'Satanic verses' story[2] in his Tarikh as well as an important set of statements in the introduction of his book, which states:

Let him who examines this book of mine know that I have relied, as regards everything I mention therein which I stipulate to be described by me, solely upon what has been transmitted to me by way of reports which I cite therein and traditions which I ascribe to their narrators, to the exclusion of what may be apprehended by rational argument or deduced by the human mind, except in very few cases. This is because knowledge of the reports of men of the past and of contemporaneous views of men of the present do not reach the one who has not witnessed them nor lived in their times except through the accounts of reporters and the transmission of transmitters, to the exclusion of rational deduction and mental inference. Hence, if I mention in this book a report about some men of the past, which the reader of listener finds objectionable or worthy of censure because he can see no aspect of truth nor any factual substance therein, let him know that this is not to be attributed to us but to those who transmitted it to us and we have merely passed this on as it has been passed on to us.[3]

you can find the full reply
here http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/sverses.html

copying and pasting is silly for me

snake
Student

Post #8

Post by snake »

[[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 849#798849]Replying to mms20102[/

YES...It is a fact that Jesus was tempted by Satan but the thing is that Jesus knew he was tempted by Satan because he knew the difference between GOD and SATAN Jesus said away with me Satan for it is written... Matt 4:10 he didn't fall into Satan temptation..if we look at Adam, Adam was also tempted by Satan and he failed the test where we see here when Jesus was tempted he past the test...for Satan temptation didn't work on him....

Premise 1: Either the Bible is the Word of God or it is not.

Premise 2: If the Bible is the Word of God, the Qur’an is not.

Premise 3: If the Bible is not the Word of God, the Qur’an is not.

Conclusion: Therefore, the Qur’an is not the Word of God.

mms20102
Scholar

Post #9

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 8 by snake]

Another pointless conclusion

first what have you done with your first claim ? u accepted the story as fake already ?

because now I will going to reply the second part which is what's your religion and if its Christianity what party you belong to then what bible are you speaking about ? is it king james or international version or revised standard version 1952 or revised standard version 1978 or which one ? because after you reply those I can reply your claim

snake
Student

Post #10

Post by snake »

[Replying to mms20102]

Yes Christianity (Trinity) .. the king James bible.