Why do the catholics preach a false gospel?

A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Composer
Banned
Banned

Why do the catholics preach a false gospel?

Post #1

Post by Composer »

Even a trinitarian scholar admits what the trinitarian catholic church now preaches was NOT what the earliest and original believers taught or believed!

The late Dr. W R Matthews, Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, wrote:

"It must be admitted by everyone who has the rudiments of an historical sense that the doctrine of the Trinity, as a doctrine, formed no part of the original message. St Paul knew it not, and would have been unable to understand the meaning of the terms used in the theological formula on which the Church ultimately agreed". (27)

Or more recently:

"In order to understand the doctrine of the Trinity it is necessary to understand that the doctrine is a development, and why it developed. ... It is a waste of time to attempt to read Trinitarian doctrine directly off the pages of the New Testament". (28)

27. "God in Christian Thought and Experience", p.180
28. A & R Hanson: "Reasonable Belief, A survey of the Christian Faith, p.171-173,1980

&

CARDINAL NEWMAN, the most remarkable English ecclesiastic of the 19th century:

"It may startle those who are but acquainted with the popular writing of this day, yet, I believe, the most accurate consideration of the subject will lead us to acquiesce in the statement as a general truth, that the doctrines in question (viz., the Trinity and the Incarnation) have never been learned merely from Scripture. Surely the sacred volume was never intended, and is not adapted to teach us our creed; however certain it is that we can prove our creed from it, when it has once been taught us. . . . From the very first, the rule has been, as a matter of fact, for the Church to teach the truth, and then appeal to Scripture in vindication of its own teaching." -Arians of the Fourth Century, pp. 55-56.

i.e. the trinity formulation is a ' johnny come lately corruption of the original beliefs! '.

Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

Composer
Banned
Banned

Re: Why do the catholics preach a false gospel?

Post #21

Post by Composer »

S-word wrote:
Composer wrote:
Mikeymike19912010 wrote: This is actually an insidious way to get people inadvertently worshiping Satan.
Problem is that those claiming to worship their Story book god are in fact actually worshipping a ' Satan '. Story book bible proof: -

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah". (2 Samuel 24: 1) KJV story book

Comparing this parallel account of the same incident we read: -

And Satan stood up against Israel, , , , (1 Chron. 21: 1) KJV story book

Later in the Story book 1 Chron. 21 we read: -

And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. {And...: Heb. And it was evil in the eyes of the LORD concerning this thing} 8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly. (1 Chron. 21: 7 - 8) KJV story book (My emphasis)

So the ADVERSARY = Satan (i.e. Satan is a Hebrew Word - Metaphor) that was against Israel / smote Israel - was definitely not a naughty spirit angel supernatural being (which don't literally exist in or out of the story book pages) but was story book god itself!

The biblical character jesus the son of a god is a fictional character based upon paganism! (cf. . . . . Only the gods of the pagans had “sons� or offspring. . . . . p.161, How the Bible became the Bible by Donald L. O'Dell - ISBN 0-7414-2993-4 Published by INFINITY Publishing.com)

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY god(s) given to man likewise remains a constant zero!

As you do not believe anything that is recorded in God's Holy word, and tend to rubbish those who do: They, who do believe God, have no interest whatsoever in what you have to say according to your negative and uninformed view of the greatest book that has ever been writen by the chosen scribes, who were under the controll of their indwelling spirit when they recorded the words of our Lord God and saviour. And I dare say, they hold you in the same regard as you hold them. Not a nice thought to have in your mind is it? To think that others might see you as you see them, or even lower.

Satan is the son of God who is constantly accusing his brothers, although God loved Job, Satan wanted to put him to the test, and God allowed him to do so, but in every instance, the Lord set the limit to which Satan could go, and Satan did not dare to cross that line.

The sin of David was not in the fact that he obeyed the will of the Lord, and took the census, but in the fact that Joab and the superstitious Isaelites, "believed that you never count your money while sitting at the table ," And because of the condemnation by Joab and the unrest among the people that was caused by the census, David said, "I have commited a terrible sin in doing this, I have acted fooishly." He was saying that to fulfill the Lord's will, was to sin.

Although it was God's will that David do that which would be condemned by his own people, God did not give to David the actual command, It was Satan, the same spirit, who fulfilled the will of the Lord and put lying words into the mouth of Ahab's prophets, in order that Ahab would be killed at Ramoth. And the same spirit, who made sure that Judas fulfilled the plan of the Lord, by handing Jesus over to the Jews, who then allowed the Romans to kill him.
Sadly for you the bible Story book contradicts you because it says in this Story book -

And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. (1 Chron. 21:7) KJV Story book

NB: Story book god(he) smote Israel!

You lose!

QED

In fact I have two other Story book versions, the YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT that make NO mention of ANY Satan in their text, so as far as they are concerned YOUR alleged naughty spirit fallen angel Satan doesn't even rate a mention and thus doesn't even exist!

Even the KJV states that all the Hebrew term Satan means in fact is ANY ADVERSARY! - Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. {Satan: Heb. the adversary}

Apart from your emotional pleas for the legitimacy of your latest religious beliefs you have NOTHING of value to offer for your cause, just as your predecessors also had nothing and still have nothing as do you!

Much much much much better luck on another Topic should you wish to try again!

Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

S-word
Scholar

Post #22

Post by S-word »

Composer wrote:
S-word wrote:
Composer wrote:
Mikeymike19912010 wrote: This is actually an insidious way to get people inadvertently worshiping Satan.
Problem is that those claiming to worship their Story book god are in fact actually worshipping a ' Satan '. Story book bible proof: -

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah". (2 Samuel 24: 1) KJV story book

Comparing this parallel account of the same incident we read: -

And Satan stood up against Israel, , , , (1 Chron. 21: 1) KJV story book

Later in the Story book 1 Chron. 21 we read: -

And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. {And...: Heb. And it was evil in the eyes of the LORD concerning this thing} 8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly. (1 Chron. 21: 7 - 8) KJV story book (My emphasis)

So the ADVERSARY = Satan (i.e. Satan is a Hebrew Word - Metaphor) that was against Israel / smote Israel - was definitely not a naughty spirit angel supernatural being (which don't literally exist in or out of the story book pages) but was story book god itself!

The biblical character jesus the son of a god is a fictional character based upon paganism! (cf. . . . . Only the gods of the pagans had “sons� or offspring. . . . . p.161, How the Bible became the Bible by Donald L. O'Dell - ISBN 0-7414-2993-4 Published by INFINITY Publishing.com)

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY god(s) given to man likewise remains a constant zero!

As you do not believe anything that is recorded in God's Holy word, and tend to rubbish those who do: They, who do believe God, have no interest whatsoever in what you have to say according to your negative and uninformed view of the greatest book that has ever been writen by the chosen scribes, who were under the controll of their indwelling spirit when they recorded the words of our Lord God and saviour. And I dare say, they hold you in the same regard as you hold them. Not a nice thought to have in your mind is it? To think that others might see you as you see them, or even lower.

Satan is the son of God who is constantly accusing his brothers, although God loved Job, Satan wanted to put him to the test, and God allowed him to do so, but in every instance, the Lord set the limit to which Satan could go, and Satan did not dare to cross that line.

The sin of David was not in the fact that he obeyed the will of the Lord, and took the census, but in the fact that Joab and the superstitious Isaelites, "believed that you never count your money while sitting at the table ," And because of the condemnation by Joab and the unrest among the people that was caused by the census, David said, "I have commited a terrible sin in doing this, I have acted fooishly." He was saying that to fulfill the Lord's will, was to sin.

Although it was God's will that David do that which would be condemned by his own people, God did not give to David the actual command, It was Satan, the same spirit, who fulfilled the will of the Lord and put lying words into the mouth of Ahab's prophets, in order that Ahab would be killed at Ramoth. And the same spirit, who made sure that Judas fulfilled the plan of the Lord, by handing Jesus over to the Jews, who then allowed the Romans to kill him.
Sadly for you the bible Story book contradicts you because it says in this Story book -

And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. (1 Chron. 21:7) KJV Story book

You lose!

QED

In fact I have two other Story book versions, the YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT that make NO mention of ANY Satan in their text, so as far as they are concerned YOUR alleged naughty spirit fallen angel Satan doesn't even rate a mention and thus doesn't even exist!

Even the KJV states that all the Hebrew term Satan means in fact is ANY ADVERSARY! - Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. {Satan: Heb. the adversary}

Apart from your emotional pleas for the legitimacy of your latest religious beliefs you have NOTHING of value to offer for your cause, just as your predecessors also had nothing and still have nothing as do you!

Let us all now applaud the great mind of 'Composer' who has revealed what every student of God's word has known since their studies began, that the term 'Satan' means "The Adversary."

I have said all that has needed to be said in this thread, I am correct and you are miserably incorrect. God indeed was displeased with the thing that David had done, which was accusing the command of God to take the census as being evil and of the Adversary,

And the Lord smote Israel, which was David's choice of the three punishments placed before him because of his sin, which was commited because of the guilt that had been heaped upon him by the condemnation of Joab and the people of Israel.

He could have chosen three years of famine in the lnd, or to be pursued by his enemies for three months, or a three day epidemic in the land, which seemed the the best of the three, undoubtedly David did not realise the severity of the epidemic that the Lord would send upon the superstitious population.

You seem to have placed yourself high upon a pedestal and see yourself as the Great Adversary to God's word, well "COME ON DOWN" matey, for others see you as the godless little atheist that you are, and I will not answer your rediculous and childish challenge. I do not bother playing with dark shadows of the atheist body.

So I bid good day to you, you little godless you.

Composer
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Composer »

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:
Let us all now applaud the great mind of 'Composer' who has revealed what every student of God's word has known since their studies began, that the term 'Satan' means "The Adversary."
Story book god was the adversary you also are now forced to agree!

You lost!
S-word wrote:
I have said all that has needed to be said in this thread, I am correct and you are miserably incorrect. . . . .
As I correctly stated from the onset and you now capitulate and are forced to agree with me -

You lost!

QED

Here are your own now self-contradicting words to your initial claim -
S-word wrote:
And the Lord smote Israel, . . . .
You now totally agree with my initial correct statement!

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:
You seem to have placed yourself high upon a pedestal and see yourself as the Great Adversary to God's word, well "COME ON DOWN" matey, for others see you as the godless little atheist that you are, and I will not answer your rediculous and childish challenge. I do not bother playing with dark shadows of the atheist body.
Call me what names you like princess, in no way does that legitimately deflect from your errors, false claims, failed ideology as opposed to my successful and victorious Truthfulnesses!

You lost!
S-word wrote:
Much much much much much better luck next time princess should you wish to try again against me and the Story book bible you don't even read correctly! LOL!

Your successful ideological nemesis!

Next!

S-word
Scholar

Post #24

Post by S-word »

Composer wrote:And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. (1 Chron. 21:7) KJV Story book

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:
I have said all that has needed to be said in this thread, I am correct and you are miserably incorrect. . . . .
As I correctly stated from the onset and you now capitulate and are forced to agree with me -

You lost!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:
Call me what names you like princess, in no way does that legitimately deflect from your errors, false claims, failed ideology as opposed to my successful and victorious Truthfulnesses!

You lost!
S-word wrote:
Much much much much much better luck next time princess should you wish to try again against me and the Story book bible you don't even read correctly! LOL!

Next!

Let me know where you are next to appear. My friends and I love to listen to a good stand up comedian, until then Bye bye.

Composer
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Composer »

S-word wrote:
Composer wrote:And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. (1 Chron. 21:7) KJV Story book

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

You lost!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

Next!

Let me know where you are next to appear. My friends and I love to listen to a good stand up comedian, until then Bye bye.
I don't intend leaving in the long term princess and meanwhile even IF you believe I am a Comedian, the laughs are all at your ideologies expense!

Much much much much much much much much better luck next times you wish to try your jokes (your current ideology) and your luck against me again on ANY other Topic you wish to try!

Meanwhile you LOST!

Composer, your successful ideological nemesis!

Next!

S-word
Scholar

Post #26

Post by S-word »

Composer wrote:
S-word wrote:

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

You lost!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

Next!

I don't intend leaving in the long term princess and meanwhile even IF you believe I am a Comedian, the laughs are all at your ideologies expense!

Much much much much much much much much better luck next times you wish to try your jokes (your current ideology) and your luck against me again on ANY other Topic you wish to try!

Meanwhile you LOST!

Next!

I won you are the loser, now let that be an end to it. Good bye.

Composer
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Composer »

S-word wrote:
Composer wrote:
S-word wrote:

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

You lost!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

Next!

Meanwhile you LOST!

Next!

You lost S-word!

QED

My offer still stands IF you wish to try your luck again against me on ANY bible Story book Topic!

otseng
Savant

Post #28

Post by otseng »

Moderator Intervention

There is no need for posturing on who is "winning". If one can't win on argumentation alone, then he has failed in debating. Please desist from any further comments on who is winning or losing.

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.

S-word
Scholar

Post #29

Post by S-word »

Composer wrote:
S-word wrote:
Composer wrote:
S-word wrote:

You lost S-word!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

You lost!

QED

S-word wrote:

You lost your argument!
S-word wrote:

You lost!
S-word wrote:

Next!

Meanwhile you LOST!

Next!

You lost S-word!

QED

My offer still stands IF you wish to try your luck again against me on ANY bible Story book Topic!

God was displeased the thing that David had done, which was not the taking of the census, but the fact that David had Judged his obedience to take the census as sinful, thereby judging the command as sinful.

And as Punishment for judging the command to take the census as a sinful command, the Lord gave him the choice of three punishments.

If David chose the punishment that said that he was to be pursued by his enemies for three months, then the Lord would not have smitten Israel.

So now then you will answer these three questions or bow out of the debate, because until you do answer these questions I will not respond to any future post of yours in this particular Thread.

Question (1) "Which of three punishment options did David choose?"

Answer.......................................................................................

Question (2) "Would the Lord have smitten Israel if David had choen to be pursued by his enemies for three months?"

Answer..........................................................................................

Question (3) What was the reason that God smote Israel, if not because that was the only option that was given to him by David?"

Answer.........................................................................................

I await your answers.

jedicri
Scholar

Post #30

Post by jedicri »

Composer wrote:Even a trinitarian scholar admits what the trinitarian catholic church now preaches was NOT what the earliest and original believers taught or believed!
On the contrary, we have the writings and witness of those who have learned what was passed down to them from the Apostles:

"Our teacher of these things is Jesus Christ, who also was born for this purpose, and was crucified under Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea, in the times of Tiberius Caesar; and that we reasonably worship Him, having learned that He is the Son of the true God Himself, and holding Him in the second place, and the prophetic Spirit in the third, we will prove." Justin Martyr, First Apology, 13 (A.D. 155).

"[T]he ever-truthful God, hast fore-ordained, hast revealed beforehand to me, and now hast fulfilled. Wherefore also I praise Thee for all things, I bless Thee, I glorify Thee, along with the everlasting and heavenly Jesus Christ, Thy beloved Son, with whom, to Thee, and the Holy Ghost, be glory both now and to all coming ages. Amen." Martyrdom of Polycarp 14 (A.D. 157).

"For God did not stand in need of these [beings], in order to the accomplishing of what He had Himself determined with Himself beforehand should be done, as if He did not possess His own hands. For with Him were always present the Word and Wisdom, the Son and the Spirit, by whom and in whom, freely and spontaneously, He made all things, to whom also He speaks, saying, 'Let Us make man after Our image and likeness;' He taking from Himself the substance of the creatures [formed], and the pattern of things made, and the type of all the adornments in the world." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 4,20:1 (A.D. 180).
Or more recently:

"In order to understand the doctrine of the Trinity it is necessary to understand that the doctrine is a development, and why it developed. ... It is a waste of time to attempt to read Trinitarian doctrine directly off the pages of the New Testament". (28)

27. "God in Christian Thought and Experience", p.180
28. A & R Hanson: "Reasonable Belief, A survey of the Christian Faith, p.171-173,1980
Try reading what the early Church Fathers taught regarding the Holy Trinity.
&

CARDINAL NEWMAN, the most remarkable English ecclesiastic of the 19th century:

"It may startle those who are but acquainted with the popular writing of this day, yet, I believe, the most accurate consideration of the subject will lead us to acquiesce in the statement as a general truth, that the doctrines in question (viz., the Trinity and the Incarnation) have never been learned merely from Scripture. Surely the sacred volume was never intended, and is not adapted to teach us our creed; however certain it is that we can prove our creed from it, when it has once been taught us. . . . From the very first, the rule has been, as a matter of fact, for the Church to teach the truth, and then appeal to Scripture in vindication of its own teaching." -Arians of the Fourth Century, pp. 55-56.

i.e. the trinity formulation is a ' johnny come lately corruption of the original beliefs! '.
You misunderstand what Newman has written. As Newman points out above and what any historian or student of Christianity would know, is that the Apostles preached and taught orally --- the Bible did not exist. The Church, not the Bible, is the "pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Tim 3: 15).