A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Composer
Banned
Banned

Official stance on who are sinners?

Post #1

Post by Composer »

Am I correct that the catholic members of the catholic church have priests to intercede / other role regarding the sins admitted at Confession by members of the catholic congregation?

Is confession considered compulsory?

Are the priests themselves also considered sinners and if so, to whom do they go for confession and I suppose have their personal sins ' forgiven / other? '.

1. Are there any exceptions where certain/any members or clergy are considered to be totally without sin and 2. therefore never need to confess or take part in confession and 3. IF that is the case upon what basis?

Thank you
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

Bede
Apprentice

Post #51

Post by Bede »

rbarton wrote: [Replying to post 49 by Bede]

The Church requires that We go to confession at least once a year.
I think not, but as I'm going away for a few days I haven't time to check it out now.

So, since you made the claim, I'll leave you to provide evidence for it.

Bede
Apprentice

Post #52

Post by Bede »

Bede wrote:
rbarton wrote: [Replying to post 49 by Bede]

The Church requires that We go to confession at least once a year.
I think not, but as I'm going away for a few days I haven't time to check it out now.

So, since you made the claim, I'll leave you to provide evidence for it.
For information - the Code of Canon Law states we are obliged to confess grave (i.e. mortal) sins at least once a year. There is no requirement to confess venial sins once a year.(Canon 989)

There is a useful article on the matter here:
http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2009/04/02/ ... ster-duty/

rbarton
Student

Post #53

Post by rbarton »

[Replying to post 52 by Bede]

Apparently, strictly speaking you are right. However the Church recommends that we don't be strangers.

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

The Great Confessors.

Post #54

Post by Falling Light 101 »

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

The Great Confessors.

Post #55

Post by Falling Light 101 »

If You are looking for a confession from a Priest or a Vatican Primate - The Pontiff of Rome, such as -- the Pontiff Francis of today.

You will never see the Vatican Primates or Catholic Priests confessing their personal sins.

" NO " ~~`` The public display that You and the public see, - is simply the Vatican Primates and Catholic Priests attempting to change and update the image of what Catholics of the day " DAWN " are supposed to be confessing about. ---------------------AND THIS IS ALL THAT THE PONTIFFS AND PRIESTS AND NUNS DO )-= PUBICLY. before the media.................. " your eyes "

I do not believe that inner hearts of Roman Catholics have the same ideas concerning sins - - as far as, the same ideas or views of what sin is - to - the sins that Biblical Christians believe,, are sins, as far as what is DEFINED - as sin in the Bible.

I do not believe that the hearts of Roman Catholics are any different than any other average person, as far as personal confessions " confessing one's personal sins "

You do not hear of faults, sins, problems, stains errors, and problems and failures from within the Roman Catholic body that is a documented in public discourse.

Islam is the same eXact way - IN ISLAM * - There are no faults, failures, and penalizations and PUNISHMENTS and records of failures, problems, MISTAKES and " UNIVERSAL CONFESSIONS " of any nature, kind, sort, form or anything whatsoever

in the CATHOLISLAIMC RELIGION.

No one in the Quran - No one in the history of the Catholic Church - No documents or records record the mistakes, failures and sins and confessions of the CATHOLISLAMIC FAITHFULL.

You never hear the Vatican headquarters denouncing and criticising and publically terminating or rejecting their own leaders, priests, nuns or upper echelons in the leadership.

The Roman Catholic Church and ISLAM - does not confess its sins to the public. ------ The Priests live lives in privacy, pretending that they are without sin.---------- therefore they never need to confess or take part in THE PUBLIC SPHERE concerning confession.

And this leads us to here - the question and the problem that the current Vatican Primate -------- \ - The Pontiff Francis is trying to hide in His public confessions.

"There is indeed one universal (Catholic) church of the faithful, outside of which nobody at all is saved." Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council, #1: Confession of Faith, 1215, proclaimed "ex-cathedra" (infallible).

This is the problem that the Catholic Pontiff is trying to hide.

Islam is the same. REMEMBER - When You look to the Bible You see the mistakes and CONFESSIONS of the People OF The Bible who were honest about the SINS, MISTAKES and FAILURES and PROBLEMS that they faced and overcame.

With Catholics and Muslims - whose RELIGION is a lie. - -- there is no sin committed by them, they only see sin and publicise sin in an OUTWARDLY eye or scope.

Sin in the CATHOLISLAMIC organization is all external outward and, on the surface. A outward view and scope and target.

[font=Arial]There is no sin confessed by Catholics and Muslims.

The Non-Green Flag, Non-Canaanite, Persian, Arabian / / European - You You, INFIDEL and HERETIK You - - are the only target.

Open Your wallet and pay me to intercourse with multiple women and produce many children - I am the new Abraham.
[/font]