Moderator: Moderators

Rescued by Mary
Student

Rescued by Mary

Post #1

Post by Rescued by Mary »

[center]RESCUED BY MARY

Once upon a time, there was a man who was lost at sea;
a sea of doctrinal confusion and despair.

He had been tossed to and fro, by wave after wave for many days,
until finally, he had reached his demise,
he would drown.

Suddenly, he spots something on the horizon!
His hope is renewed.
And then, as suddenly as it appeared, a huge wooden ship pulls up alongside him,
with Eternal Father written across the bow.

He looks up and sees the Captain of his Salvation in the wheel house,
with the Holy Ghost as Her main Sail.

But wait, there more. There’s someone running up the Vessel’s starboard side,
with something in hand.
It’s a Woman!

She leans back and heaves Her buoy with rope attached.
It lands besides him.

He reaches out and grabs the lifesaver with his last dying breath
before he goes under for good.
Without strength and exhausted, he can do little more.

She begins to haul him in, hand over hand;
he’s amazed by Her strength and unflinching determination.

Finally, as She reaches out to grab him by the hand,
he looks up to notice Her sleeves are rolled up,
revealing Her powerful forearms and weather beaten hands.

He realizes whoever this Woman is, She’s been doing this for a long time.
And as She clasps him tightly, he looks up and realizes -
It’s Mary!!

She pulls him safely on board,
as She turns and looks up towards Her Soverign.

They briefly meet eye to eye,
as He turns His mighty wheel, and sails away.

RbM[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Looks like we'll have to edit the Bible now:

John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me, or my mom.

Rescued by Mary
Student

Post #3

Divine Insight wrote: Looks like we'll have to edit the Bible now:

John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me, or my mom.

Edit the Bible? Where did you get your Bible, Divine Insight? The Church ???

The Scriptures contain the Word of God - it is not all of Gods Words...

We have the Tradition of the Church as well.. Sadly you reject your Mother..

Pity.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Rescued by Mary wrote:

Pity.

You have it all wrong. Mary can't possibly be my mother unless you believe Jesus had children with Mary Magdalene.

According to the Bible that evil bimbo Eve is our Mother. We should be worshiping Eve. Eve was even Mary's Mother.

Where did you get your Bible? From the Vatican? #-o

Rescued by Mary
Student

Post #5

Divine Insight wrote:
Rescued by Mary wrote:

Pity.

You have it all wrong. Mary can't possibly be my mother unless you believe Jesus had children with Mary Magdalene.

According to the Bible that evil bimbo Eve is our Mother. We should be worshiping Eve. Eve was even Mary's Mother.

Where did you get your Bible? From the Vatican? #-o

Friend, you are so close so close!

Mary reversed what Eve had done. It was Mary's YES to the Angel Gabriel that secured our Salvation. Eve is inded the mother of all those who have been born - But Mary is the Mother of all those wwho have been Born Again !

Ave is Eva spelled backwards...

Through the Sacramental waters of Baptism we are Born into the Kingdom of God.

Mary is our Mother - Given to Saint John as Her Priest and us as Her subjects by Christ at the Cross.

I will post more on this...

RbM

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

Rescued by Mary wrote: Mary is our Mother - Given to Saint John as Her Priest and us as Her subjects by Christ at the Cross.

Don't waste your time. The Biblical fables can't be salvaged.

If the God of the Bible had any brains at all he would have created a woman like Mary as a mate for Adam. But instead he created for Adam a bimbo like Eve, and because of God's lame ability to create a good mate for Adam all of humanity went down the tubes. :roll:

In order to believe in this religion a person is required to believe that our creator is totally inept. Especially as a match maker. Don't even ask the Biblical God to help you find a mate unless you want to end up in the same boat with Adam.

Why would anyone want to believe in such an inept creator? Especially as a matter of pure faith that even the most devout believers confess is next to impossible to maintain in the face of the extreme the absurdities and contradictions involved with the Biblical picture?

The only way to try to salvage this religion is to confess that the creator is a complete idiot. But that hardly helps.

And by the way, what are Jesus, (and Mary according to you), trying to save people from?

Well their trying to save people from the wrath of the hateful God of Abraham.

So it's a religion where you must first have faith that a hateful wrathful God is out to hurt you before you even need to consider being saved from this hateful wrathful God. :roll:

If the religion wasn't based on such a hateful jealous God to begin with there would be nothing to be saved from.

It's an oxymoronic religion from the word go.

You have to believe in a God that you need to fear, before it even makes any sense that you would need to be saved from it. :roll:

So it doesn't really matter whether the job of savior was given to Jesus or to his mother, it's still an oxymoronic religion in both cases.

Rescued by Mary
Student

Post #7

Divine Insight wrote:
Rescued by Mary wrote: Mary is our Mother - Given to Saint John as Her Priest and us as Her subjects by Christ at the Cross.

Don't waste your time. The Biblical fables can't be salvaged.

If the God of the Bible had any brains at all he would have created a woman like Mary as a mate for Adam. But instead he created for Adam a bimbo like Eve, and because of God's lame ability to create a good mate for Adam all of humanity went down the tubes. :roll:

More of the blame game from you here, mate. It's God's fault now? The devil made me do it, Eve said. If Adam had taken that apple and thrown it in the ditch we may not be in the mess we're in today. Adam was not deceived. Adam knew what he was doing - he sinned on purpose! Don't blame Eve - blame Adam! He is ultimatly responsible for what happened. God never told Eve not to eat of the forbidden fruit, ever notice that?

In order to believe in this religion a person is required to believe that our creator is totally inept. Especially as a match maker. Don't even ask the Biblical God to help you find a mate unless you want to end up in the same boat with Adam.

I'm so sorry for your marital woes. My marriage is bliss. It is Heaven...

Why would anyone want to believe in such an inept creator? Especially as a matter of pure faith that even the most devout believers confess is next to impossible to maintain in the face of the extreme the absurdities and contradictions involved with the Biblical picture?

The only way to try to salvage this religion is to confess that the creator is a complete idiot. But that hardly helps.

You can always blame yourself, you idiot. (I'm sorry, I didn't mean that)

And by the way, what are Jesus, (and Mary according to you), trying to save people from?

Well their trying to save people from the wrath of the hateful God of Abraham.

So it's a religion where you must first have faith that a hateful wrathful God is out to hurt you before you even need to consider being saved from this hateful wrathful God. :roll:

If the religion wasn't based on such a hateful jealous God to begin with there would be nothing to be saved from.

It's an oxymoronic religion from the word go.

Wait a minute - The old Testament God as you have described Him, became a man and submittd to the death penalty within human governments that He Himsef proscribed after the flood of Noah! God instituted the death penalty within human governments only after He carried it out Himself in the flood. Knowing full well that this would be necessary for Him to suffer this Himself. He wasn't murdered in a back ally! The Atonment or death and suffering of Christ is in the New Testament. Show me one thing - just one - that the God of Abraham did that was more hateful and wrathful than this??? The most cruel and hateful thing to ever happen in the Bible was in the New Testament not the Old Testament and it happened to God at the hands of sinful men

You have to believe in a God that you need to fear, before it even makes any sense that you would need to be saved from it. :roll:

You fear love my friend you are afraid to be loved

So it doesn't really matter whether the job of savior was given to Jesus or to his mother, it's still an oxymoronic religion in both cases.

Your parents gave you life you owe them for that

RbM

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

Rescued by Mary wrote: More of the blame game from you here, mate. It's God's fault now? The devil made me do it, Eve said. If Adam had taken that apple and thrown it in the ditch we may not be in the mess we're in today. Adam was not deceived. Adam knew what he was doing - he sinned on purpose! Don't blame Eve - blame Adam! He is ultimatly responsible for what happened. God never told Eve not to eat of the forbidden fruit, ever notice that?
The stories are fables made up by male-chauvinists. ;)
No need to be. I never married. I'm a virgin celibate monk. O:)

You should ask before jumping to conclusions.
Blame myself for what? That the ancient Hebrews created a male-chauvinistic God who created a bimbo for Adam.

Besides there's no one to blame but yourself if you take their mythology seriously. There is no evidence to support it, and there is actually overwhelming evidence for why it can't be anything more than just a myth.

Wait a minute - The old Testament God as you have described Him, became a man and submittd to the death penalty within human governments that He Himsef proscribed after the flood of Noah! God instituted the death penalty within human governments only after He carried it out Himself in the flood. Knowing full well that this would be necessary for Him to suffer this Himself. He wasn't murdered in a back ally!
Excuse me? Have you ever read these fables? Pontius Pilate officially exonerated Jesus. He found no fault with Jesus. So Jesus wasn't officially condemned. According to the Bible his crucifixion was indeed a "back alley", or "unofficial under-the-table" murder. Supposedly incited by the angry Jewish Pharisees. The very type of behavior we often see from religious fanatics.

The Atonment or death and suffering of Christ is in the New Testament. Show me one thing - just one - that the God of Abraham did that was more hateful and wrathful than this??? The most cruel and hateful thing to ever happen in the Bible was in the New Testament not the Old Testament and it happened to God at the hands of sinful men
Oh that was nothing. It only lasted one day, and a mere 3 days later Jesus was supposedly resurrected and eventually shipped off to heaven. I'm sure that wasn't nearly as bad as what the Canaanites suffered when this God commanded that they be massacred and even helped in the battle.

Besides, why should a God who commanded people not to kill be appeased by men butchering him on a pole?

So you're suggesting that God basically said to men, "Hey if you disobey me one more time here and beat me and nail me to a pole I'll forgive you of your sins."

Yeah right, that makes a whole lot of sense. :roll:
What's love got to do with it?

You've just described a sick demented God who can't forgive people unless they beat him and nail him to a pole. What in the world would that have to do with love? That's pure sadism. Very sick indeed.

You have a very strange notion of what love even means.
And what does that have to do with the ancient male-chauvinistic sadistic God of the ancient Hebrews? That God wasn't my parent. He's nothing more than a very sick invention of a sick culture.

If those ancient Hebrews were alive today we'd call them the Taliban.

Is that the kind of behavior you support in the name of a God? Stoning people to death, nailing people to pole, or even burning witches at the stake.

This religion has a very long history of crucifixions. It's an extremely violent religion that doesn't even come close to understanding a concept like love.

Rescued by Mary
Student

Post #9

Divine Insight wrote:
Rescued by Mary wrote: More of the blame game from you here, mate. It's God's fault now? The devil made me do it, Eve said. If Adam had taken that apple and thrown it in the ditch we may not be in the mess we're in today. Adam was not deceived. Adam knew what he was doing - he sinned on purpose! Don't blame Eve - blame Adam! He is ultimatly responsible for what happened. God never told Eve not to eat of the forbidden fruit, ever notice that?
The stories are fables made up by male-chauvinists. ;)

No need to be. I never married. I'm a virgin celibate monk. O:)

You should ask before jumping to conclusions.

Celebate Monk ?? Male-chauvinists?? Did anything happen to you Insight???

I mean, did anybody do anything to you?? You sound kind of like a hen - pecked wimp, man.

Blame myself for what? That the ancient Hebrews created a male-chauvinistic God who created a bimbo for Adam.

Besides there's no one to blame but yourself if you take their mythology seriously. There is no evidence to support it, and there is actually overwhelming evidence for why it can't be anything more than just a myth.

Blame yourself for you own miserable condition Insight. You have declared war on God you foolish monk!
Wait a minute - The old Testament God as you have described Him, became a man and submittd to the death penalty within human governments that He Himsef proscribed after the flood of Noah! God instituted the death penalty within human governments only after He carried it out Himself in the flood. Knowing full well that this would be necessary for Him to suffer this Himself. He wasn't murdered in a back ally!
Excuse me? Have you ever read these fables? Pontius Pilate officially exonerated Jesus. He found no fault with Jesus. So Jesus wasn't officially condemned. According to the Bible his crucifixion was indeed a "back alley", or "unofficial under-the-table" murder. Supposedly incited by the angry Jewish Pharisees. The very type of behavior we often see from religious fanatics.

Christ suffered capital punishment under Roman law, sir! That's what happened!

Pilot washed his hands and sealed his fate. Will you follow his example?
The Atonment or death and suffering of Christ is in the New Testament. Show me one thing - just one - that the God of Abraham did that was more hateful and wrathful than this??? The most cruel and hateful thing to ever happen in the Bible was in the New Testament not the Old Testament and it happened to God at the hands of sinful men
Oh that was nothing. It only lasted one day, and a mere 3 days later Jesus was supposedly resurrected and eventually shipped off to heaven. I'm sure that wasn't nearly as bad as what the Canaanites suffered when this God commanded that they be massacred and even helped in the battle.

NOTHING ?!? -- Jesus Christ was God in the flesh of Mary. His sacrifice was incalculably of higher merit and worth that any and all massacres of men women and children. He did for them, remember? Oh but you don't care, I see you've grown your own wings.

Besides, why should a God who commanded people not to kill be appeased by men butchering him on a pole?

Without the sheding of blood tht is no forgiveness for sin

So you're suggesting that God basically said to men, "Hey if you disobey me one more time here and beat me and nail me to a pole I'll forgive you of your sins."

No. I will make it possible for you to secure forgiveness. But you must Love.

Yeah right, that makes a whole lot of sense. :roll:
What's love got to do with it?

Not singin a song are you, Insight?

You've just described a sick demented God who can't forgive people unless they beat him and nail him to a pole. What in the world would that have to do with love? That's pure sadism. Very sick indeed.

You have a very strange notion of what love even means.

Tell us then Insight - What is Love?
And what does that have to do with the ancient male-chauvinistic sadistic God of the ancient Hebrews? That God wasn't my parent. He's nothing more than a very sick invention of a sick culture.

If those ancient Hebrews were alive today we'd call them the Taliban.

Is that the kind of behavior you support in the name of a God? Stoning people to death, nailing people to pole, or even burning witches at the stake.

This religion has a very long history of crucifixions. It's an extremely violent religion that doesn't even come close to understanding a concept like love.

God is Love Insight - All of the sufferings of man must in some way produce a Heavenly bliss of Love with God.

Whoso believeth Insight. Not whoso understandeth..

What more could Jesus Christ do to show His Love of the Father for
you?

RbM

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

Rescued by Mary wrote: What more could Jesus Christ do to show His Love of the Father for
you?
First off, according to you Mary is the Savior, not Jesus. :roll:

And what exactly do you think Jesus did? Get himself crucified?

Why would you ever believe a myth about a God who sends his only begotten son to be beaten and nailed to a pole my mankind just so he can forgive mankind?

What sense does that even make?

Why should a God offer us forgiveness if and only if, we condone having his son beaten and nailed to a pole?

Also, what are the wages of sin supposed to be in this religion? Being beaten and nailed to a pole? No. That's not the wages of sin. In the religion the original wages of sin was death. Permanent death. Spiritual death.

In fact, the reward for being sinless is to be resurrected after you die and give eternal life in heaven.

What happened to Jesus in these fables? Did he die spiritually and permanently?

No he didn't. On the contrary he was supposedly resurrected and then physically ascended to heaven taking his physical body with him. And it ends "Happily ever after", with Jesus sitting at the right hand of God ruling over his heavenly kingdom for the rest of eternity. Does that sound like the wages of sin? Is that permanent spiritual death? No it isn't.

So how could Jesus be said to have paid the wages of sin of for anyone when he supposedly got precisely the reward for being a saint?

The fairytale isn't even well-written or well-thought-out. It's just a conglomeration of superstitions that contradict themselves every step of the way.

And like I say, the whole thing that you're being saved from is the wrath of the jealous angry God himself. If Jesus was God incarnate, then he's the biggest drama queen there ever was. He's totally hung up on himself. All he cares about is being worshiped and obeyed as the center of attention lest he'll throw a temper tantrum and hurt someone.

There's nothing moral about this God myth. It's disgusting from the word go.

You ask me what love is. Well, it's not nailing people to pole, or burning witches on stakes, or cursing women to have greatly multiplied sorrow in conception and childbirth. I can assure you that none of those thing have anything to do with love.

It's not about creating a hell fire and threatening to cast decent people into eternal damnation if they fail to cower down and worship you ego.

I can't even think of anything in the religion that represents love.

Yes, it's true that some of the things that Jesus supposedly taught do appear to be quite loving. But most of those were flat-out rejections of what had been previously taught by the God of Abraham in the Old Testament.

The God of Abraham had people judging each other and stoning sinners and heathen to death. He had them stoning their own children to death, instead of simply teaching them how to be better parents. :roll:

That's not only unloving, but it doesn't even represent intelligence or wisdom of any kind. On the contrary it's a blatant lack of both.

Jesus did renounced those horrible things. Jesus taught people not to judge one another and not to cast the first stone. I personally believe that Jesus got his higher moral values from Buddhism. He clearly wasn't the son of the God of Abraham, he didn't even agree with that God.

The God of Abraham had people seeking revenge as in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Jesus taught people not to seek revenge, but instead to turn the other cheek and forgive those who trespass against you. Again, he no doubt got these more loving moral values from the Buddha, he most certainly didn't get them from the God of Abraham.

Jesus had nothing to do with the God of Abraham. And if Mary was his mother, chances are the Joseph was his father, unless Mary had already been pregnant from a previous relationship with another man.

Jesus was not a demigod. He was most likely a Jewish Mahayana Buddhist Bodhisattva. That makes far more sense than anything else. The rumors about him being a demigod are just outrageous superstitions that clearly can't be true.

True love is to love Jesus for the man he was. If the only way you can love Jesus is because he's offering you eternal life, then that's not love at all.

Here's a question for you now.

Do you condone having Jesus beaten and nailed to a pole to pay for your sins?

I would personally never do that, not even to save my own soul. To me that would be the lowest thing I could ever stoop to.

And if you don't condone this, then how can you claim to have accepted it on your behalf?

To accept it on your behalf is the same as offering to do it.

Would you nail Jesus to a pole to pay for you way into paradise?

Or perhaps you feel that Mary will let you sneak in through a back door?

Then like Pontius Pilate you can wash your hands of the whole crucifixion thing.