A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Rescued by Mary
Student

Jesus' Love for His Mother !

Post #1

Post by Rescued by Mary »

Jesus' Love for His Mother !

It seems apparent to me that Christ wasn't finished until He was convinced that His Mother was in the care of His Father. Granted, John was the vessel chosen, but John 19:28 shows us that it wasn't until "after this" that the Atonement could be completed. After what? After Christ passed his Mother's maternal love from Himself unto John, whom He Himself loved. It wasn't until after this, that Christ knew that all things were accomplished.

This is just incredible to me. It may seem 'esoteric' to some, but I'm just reading and trying to understand, that's all.

I got this idea from my reading of John’s Gospel, and the stunning reality that Christ's concern for His Mother is directly related to the accomplishment of the Atonement. Also, from my experience as a son, and how desperately important it was to me to know that my mother was loved. I can only imagine how our Saviour must have felt about His Mother. He was the Son of Man and experienced the pains of men, we know. It must have been almost unbearable for Him to know what His Mother was to go through - Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also.

How much Jesus must have loved His mother as a child! Think about this with me. I cannot contain the overwhelming emotions sometimes when I think of the relationship between Jesus and Mary. I mean, I know how much I loved my mother as a child. I loved her so much. And to think that she would experience hurt would have been worse than death for me. Our Saviour’s heart must have been heavy with this reality, as He made His way towards Golgotha. I just can’t help but trust that Jesus’ love for His Mother was placed in the Father’s hands at that dreadful moment. My love for my mother can’t even be compared with Christ’s love for His Mary. To know that my father loved my mother was the most important thing that I needed to know as a child. A mother’s heart is like a garden that is tilled by her husband’s love. It can only blossom in the safety of a secure home, which the husband provides. I just can’t imagine what it would have been like to know that my father did not love my mother, or that she was not safe and secure.

The most important thing that Jesus needed to know as a Child was that His Father loved His Mother. May I use John 19:27 as my proof text?

I am reminded of when Christ took the first opportunity He had to draw His Mother’s attention towards His Father.

Remember when little Jesus stayed behind after the Passover, at the tender age of twelve? And His Mother sought for Him sorrowing for three days? They did not know that He was not with them, but I’m sure He knew that they did not know; Joseph and Mary that is.

What a cruel thing for a child to do to a parent, to have them think him lost, and that for three days!

But the Child was strong in spirit, filled with wisdom, God’s grace upon Him. He knew what He was doing! All that heard Him in the temple that day were astonished at His understanding and answers, but not as much as Mary when He answered her in her dismay,

“wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?�

And although they did not understand Him at that time, Mary did something that she had done before,

“but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.�

The whole thing was a set up, I believe. Here we see precious Jesus trying to reveal His Father - to His Mother – with Childlike faith. Oh, how Jesus must have love His Mother! I’m sorry, but please forgive me for becoming so overwhelmed…

The most important thing that the Child Jesus needed to know from His Father was...

Does my Mother know how much that You love Her.

RbM

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by The Tongue »

[Rescued by Mary wrote]........All that heard Him in the temple that day were astonished at His understanding and answers, but not as much as Mary when He answered her in her dismay, “wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?�
And although they did not understand Him at that time, Mary did something that she had done before, “but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.�

Of course you must remember that the parents of Jesus were not like the bride of the anti-christ, the universal church of Constantine. They did not believe for one moment that he was born of a virgin and that God was his biological father.

Mary and her husband Cleophas/Alpheaus the carpenter,who were the parents of Jesus, didn't understand what in heavens name the young boy was on about when he said, "Why did you have to search for me, surely you knew that I had to be in my Father's house."

jedicri
Scholar

Post #3

Post by jedicri »

The Tongue wrote: [Rescued by Mary wrote]........All that heard Him in the temple that day were astonished at His understanding and answers, but not as much as Mary when He answered her in her dismay, “wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?�
And although they did not understand Him at that time, Mary did something that she had done before, “but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.�

Of course you must remember that the parents of Jesus were not like the bride of the anti-christ, the universal church of Constantine. They did not believe for one moment that he was born of a virgin and that God was his biological father.

Mary and her husband Cleophas/Alpheaus the carpenter,who were the parents of Jesus, didn't understand what in heavens name the young boy was on about when he said, "Why did you have to search for me, surely you knew that I had to be in my Father's house."
Of course you must remember that all that you've written above goes directly against 2000 years of traditional Catholic teaching.

So where do you come off writing such erroneus ideas and spouting these as "truths" or "facts"?

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by The Tongue »

jedicri wrote:
The Tongue wrote: [Rescued by Mary wrote]........All that heard Him in the temple that day were astonished at His understanding and answers, but not as much as Mary when He answered her in her dismay, “wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?�

Of course you must remember that all that you've written above goes directly against 2000 years of traditional Catholic teaching.

So where do you come off writing such erroneus ideas and spouting these as "truths" or "facts"?
Not quite two thousand years, as the universal church of Constantine which was formed from the bodies that had broken away from the teachings of the apostle and had invented their own Jesus, was not founded until the fourth century, some 300 years after the apostolic church of Jesus was established in Jerusalem

jedicri
Scholar

Post #5

Post by jedicri »

The Tongue wrote:
jedicri wrote:

Not quite two thousand years, as the universal church of Constantine which was formed from the bodies that had broken away from the teachings of the apostle and had invented their own Jesus, was not founded until the fourth century, some 300 years after the apostolic church of Jesus was established in Jerusalem
According to the four Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles, about the year 33 A.D., the structure of the Church was set up by Jesus Christ before His Ascension and then the early Christian Church was born on Pentecost when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles and disciples.

This same Church has referred to itself as the “Catholic Church� at least since 107 A.D. (about 10 years after the last book of the New Testament was written), when the Greek term "Katholikos" (meaning universal) appears in the Letter of St. Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans:

"Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church."

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/t ... hoole.html

We do not know how long they had been using the term "Catholic" before it was included in this rare surviving letter.

All of this was long before the Council of Nicea and the Nicene Creed from 325 C.E. which states, "We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07644a.htm

Moreover, the Catholic Church could not have been started in the 4th century. Several historical documents going all the way back to 110 A.D describe it and mention it by name. The organization could not have been mentioned by name before it even existed, so it's existence is traced to, at the latest, 110.

As for your question - many consider them less valid or invalid completely because of a verse in the bible (Matthew 16:18), which says that the gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church Christ founded. These recently founded "happy clappy" churches have to admit that they are only a few hundred years old at the most, leaving a gap of 1800 years where "hell prevailed". This, per the bible verse, would be impossible if it was really Christ's Church.

To rebut your point in another way, consider the following:

If you claim that the Catholic Church was not founded until the 4th century when Emperor Constintine made Christianity a legal religion. My question is to these Christians:

How did St Ignitius of Anitoch refer to the Catholic Church in 107 AD in his letter to the Smyrnaeans if it did not exist as you claim for 200+ years later?
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm

Furthermore, for those who try and argue that he was merely coining the term....

Do people coin terms for things that DON'T exist yet? For organizations that won't exist for another 200 years or so? It only makes sense that he is coining a term for something that exists already.

And THEN we have to ask ourselves, WHAT organization is he referring to? What happened to it?

KEY to understanding his letters is that he ALSO refers to the Eucharist - a very Catholic sacrament. So if he is referring to "some" Christian faith generically... ask yourself THIS...

Which faith today, or at ANY time during history.. BEST matches Ignatius's beliefs? -Bishops, Deacons, Eucharist, Kathilokos, etc. -- ANY of the Protestant faiths that wouldn't exist for nearly another 1400 years?
The Orthodox faiths that would break from Catholicism for another 500 years or more?

A convert himself, Newman rightly observed that "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."

So again, I ask you, where do you come off writing such erroneus ideas and spouting these as "truths" or "facts"?

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

What are the literal words of the Bible and Of Jesus. ?

Post #6

Post by Falling Light 101 »

How can someone have a misconception about Mary ? When she is mentioned doing around 9 acts / things in the bible.

1. Receiving the Angels WORD and commandment TO GET MARRIED to JOSEPH......Then and There she heard she is pregnant and has the CHILD Jesus... Luke 1:47 and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.

Mat 1:24  Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 
Mat 1:25  And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. 

2. Running to Egypt TO FLEE from ROME ./ Herod to hide her Child as Rome murdered all the 1 st Born... of Israel.
3. Going to Jerusalem for PURIFICATION and sacrifice.... for her cleansing.
4. Looking for Jesus, for 3 days, Finding Him in the Temple...
5. At a wedding, Wanting more wine for the wedding Mary asked for WINE...
6. Coming from home with her family / To VISIT Jesus WITH HER SONS and DAUGHTERS as Jesus is preaching To his disciples.... { Jesus Says That He does not CONSIDER MARY his mother, Saying WHO ? WHY is this My MOTHER, Look He says, pointing to his disciples HERE IS my mother and BROTHERS and sisters ...... NOT MARY....in reality God / Jesus has no mother....

7. At his death FOR a moment BEFORE JESUS died He said WOMAN look at your Son.. Mary’s younger son, { John } took MARY HIs mother alone, away in private ALONE

The Greek word is a word meaning SEPARATE, ALONE private.....

8. Bringing Spices and looking after her sons DEAD BODY.
9. At the day of Pentecost Receiving the Baptism Of the HOLY spirit......

OTHER THAN THAT... What HAVE WE MISSED...
WHAT do You have to correct, or add.. to MARYS role in God’s word ? What have we missed.... ?

Mary has no scriptures, no authority, no gospel, no ministry or role in the preaching or teaching or anything to do with the gospel.

Mary has not a single prophecy nor any revelation or one single word or syllable or say in Gods word, Yet Roman Catholics go berzerk and plunge deep headlong into this fit of emotional acrazed, frenzy and maniacal, obsessive imaginative compulsive fantasy.

It is great that Jesus managed the strength to speak to His brother John and to His Mother Mary as He was dying on the cross. As He gives His final breath He says that it is finished.

You will notices that When Jesus states that John is Marys Son in Joh 19:26- Roman Catholics refuse to take Jesus at His literal words.

The Greek word THY SON is the word G4675
- σοῦ - sou / soo
Meaning Of thee, thy: - thine (own), thou, thy.

This Greek word is used nearly 500 times in the New Testament and it always means Your Own or thy own.

We see that Roman Catholics are willing to pretend that Jesus is speaking symbolically here - but only when it fits with their teachings.

It simply shews - Roman Catholics seem very willing to lie,

Even with St Ignitius of Antioch - Just because Roman Catholics have managed to produce a writing that they claim is from St Ignitius of Antioch that mentions the Catholic Church - it does not change the fact that the Roman Catholic Church is never mentioned in the Bible and that the Roman Catholic faith was developed over the course of time and is nowhere in the Bible.