IS MARY REALLY IN HEven ??

A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

dan p
Student

IS MARY REALLY IN HEven ??

Post #1

Post by dan p »

Hi , and Catholics say that Mary has been elevated to heaven !!

If that is true , how can you explain Gal 3:28 it is written , " There is Neither Jew nor Greek , there is Neither bond nor free , , There is Neither MALE nor FEMALE , for ye are all One " IN CHRIST " .

In heaven there is NEITHER Male nor Female nor either any ethic group !!

So , what is Mary's name ??

dan p

chestertonrules
Scholar

Re: IS MARY REALLY IN HEven ??

Post #11

Post by chestertonrules »

[Replying to post 10 by Nickman]

At the Vatican.

Saints bodies are preserved and venerated by Christians whenever possible.

I find it hard to believe that Mary's body would not be venerated today if it existed on earth.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Nickman »

chestertonrules wrote: [Replying to post 10 by Nickman]

At the Vatican.

Saints bodies are preserved and venerated by Christians whenever possible.

I find it hard to believe that Mary's body would not be venerated today if it existed on earth.
I have walked through Saint Peter's Basilica. I asked why they believe that the supposed grave was that of St. Peter. "Tradition" they said. "We have no evidence." You are correct, "Saint's bodies" are preserved and venerated. I saw Pope John Paul in wax. I don't doubt that PJP was there because they were quick to show me that it was true. Mary on the other hand seems to be in the exact same boat as any other human corpse of the time. I asked "where is Mary?" "We don't know", they said. They only have saints who never even knew Jesus.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Goat »

chestertonrules wrote: [Replying to post 8 by Nickman]

If they were, wouldn't we know where they are?

We know where the bodies of Peter and Paul are because the early Christians treated the bodies of saints with reverence and veneration. I don't think that it is likely that the body of the Mother of Jesus would have been ignored.
Why would we? Women were not well respected In Those Days, and she obviously was not out preaching the Good News of her son being killed.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

chestertonrules
Scholar

Post #14

[Replying to post 13 by Goat]

Mary was honored and venerated from the very earliest days of the Church.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by Nickman »

chestertonrules wrote: [Replying to post 13 by Goat]

Mary was honored and venerated from the very earliest days of the Church.
So. Please show that her body is buried at the Basilica. Or that anyone knows where it is.

chestertonrules
Scholar

Post #16

[Replying to post 15 by Nickman]

Her body was assumed to heaven.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Nickman »

chestertonrules wrote: [Replying to post 15 by Nickman]

Her body was assumed to heaven.
Ok so no one knows where it is. Thank you for realizing that.

lia15
Student

Post #18

Post by lia15 »

[Replying to post 1 by dan p]

when Adam and eve at the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, God said -not in the exact words- "from dust you came and to dust you shall return" by saying so God condemned human kind and all creatures of the earth to death and we were given original sin. but Mary did not have original sin and did not die she was assumed into heaven body and soul. when we die our body's retun to dust but our souls unlike animals souls are not dead we will ultametly go to heaven or hell. like you said

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Marys Nine Roles In The Bible.

Post #19

Post by Falling Light 101 »

REMEMBER: That Mary His mother was not mentioned as having any involvement in any part of the ministry of Jesus or the church. We do not even have a hint that Mary was even a believer in Jesus.

Catholics have no Idea who Mary really was.
They just imagine whatever they wish and call it fact. Roman Catholics also have changed their Bible Translation as well. Let's take a look at the Douay Rheims Catholic Translation.

Luk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women

Luk 1:28 And G2532 the G3588 angel G32 came in G1525 unto G4314 her, G846 and said, G2036 Hail, G5463 thou that art highly favored, 5487 the G3588 Lord G2962 is with G3326 thee: G4675

What the ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS are AUCTUALLY saying is ------------- - και� And ὁ, ἡ, το� The Angel εἰσε��χομαι came in π�ο�ς unto ὁ, ἡ, το� Her ἐ�πω saying χαι��ω rejoice χα�ιτο�ω the grace ὁ, ἡ, το� of the κυ��ιος Lord μετα� is with σοῦ You

The Angel tells Mary to REJOICE and THE GRACE - Of The Lord is With You.

This Word GRACE means to be Thankful as well. 2Ti 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve. This is the Greek word GRACE in the Translation.

The term means that GOD HIMSELF GRACES

it is used also in Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed. Mary was receiving the GRACE OF GOD to be thankful and rejoice at the command of the Angel. and The angel was telling Her to rejoice The GRACE of The Lord Is With You. The Word that Roman Catholics have Lied about, Perverted and Changed is adding the Phraze " Mary HERSELF is FILLED - FULL OF GRACE " into the translation. This is a lie. This Word is NEVER once USED to indicate that Anyone BUT GOD ALONE - is FILLED with GRACE ...Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
_______________________________________ HOWEVER, the Word that the Translators Use as HAIL is the This Greek word Chairō is used 75 times in the manuscripts. This Greek word Chairō is in Your translation the word " HAIL " and this Greek word chairō is used 75 times in the manuscripts. This Word simply means REJOICE or HAPPY or JOY. The word HAIL was inserted into the translation by the translators. Cheerio Mary, however, it simply means = Be happy, Cheers, Mary.

Here is how this Greek word chairō / χαι��ω is used in the Bible. It is - { Used as HAIL By The Translators in Luk 1:28}

Mat 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. This word joy is the same eXact Greek word “ Hail “ in Hail Mary - Luk 1:28

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven
This word Rejoice is the same eXact Greek word “ Hail “ in Hail Mary - Luk 1:28

1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.
This word Rejoice is the same eXact Greek word “ Hail “ in Hail Mary - Luk 1:28

Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you. This word Rejoice is the same eXact Greek word “ Hail “ in Hail Mary - Luk 1:28

This Greek word Cheerio or Cheer - is the word that is translated as H A I L . . .... Mary. :
The word Hail in the ORIGINAL Simply the Word Joy, Rejoice or Happiness or happy Greetings - And Can be used to mean a Happy Howdy eXpression - It is used 75 times in the Manuscripts but Roman Catholics have no clue as to what it means. The Angel was not telling Mary the SLANG Happy Howdy or Pleasant Greetings - But saying REJOICE. The GRACE Of The Lord Is With You.

Blessed You Are Among Women

G5463
χαι��ω
chairō / Cheerio / khah'ee-ro
A primary verb; to be full of “cheer�, happy or well off; impersonal especially as a salutation (on meeting or parting), be well: be glad, joy (-fully), rejoice.

marco
Savant

Re: Marys Nine Roles In The Bible.

Post #20

Post by marco »

Falling Light 101 wrote:
Catholics have no Idea who Mary really was.
They just imagine whatever they wish and call it fact. Roman Catholics also have changed their Bible Translation as well. Let's take a look at the Douay Rheims Catholic Translation.
If we get to the stage of accepting the reported words of an angel we needn't concern ourselves too much about syntax. Part of our acceptance must be that Mary, the recipient of an angelic message, reported what had been said. She is therefore a major contributor in Christ's mission. Catholic honour doesn't seem too misplaced, in the circumstances.