I believe that Pope John Paul I was MURDERED.

A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Man_With_A_Plan
Apprentice

I believe that Pope John Paul I was MURDERED.

Post #1

Post by Man_With_A_Plan »

Here are my reasons for believing this:

--He died mysteriously 33 days after his election. According to his brother, he had had a complete physical three weeks prior to his death and was given a clean bill of health.

--He had spoken openly about reforming the Vatican, alluding to the various cover-ups and corruptions. His death occurred the night before these reforms were to begin.

--Vatican officials refused to allow an autopsy. They claimed it was unfitting for a pope to be autopsied, even though popes in the past have been, most notably Pius VIII.

--He's the only pope in the history of the Church to be cremated.

I suspect he was poisoned, and since the Vatican is technically its own nation with its own laws, nobody could legally investigate.

marco
Savant

Re: I believe that Pope John Paul I was MURDERED.

Post #2

Post by marco »

Man_With_A_Plan wrote: Here are my reasons for believing this:

--He died mysteriously 33 days after his election. According to his brother, he had had a complete physical three weeks prior to his death and was given a clean bill of health.

--He had spoken openly about reforming the Vatican, alluding to the various cover-ups and corruptions. His death occurred the night before these reforms were to begin.

--Vatican officials refused to allow an autopsy. They claimed it was unfitting for a pope to be autopsied, even though popes in the past have been, most notably Pius VIII.

--He's the only pope in the history of the Church to be cremated.

I suspect he was poisoned, and since the Vatican is technically its own nation with its own laws, nobody could legally investigate.

The build up to a great story! Of course it is possible. Millions were murdered under Stalin who made the rules for his State. Religion, in the past, has not ensured that people are saints; it has produced its share of devils. But the questions raised here will remain unanswered, unless one of the "participants" sees a good way of making money by writing the story.