A place to discuss Catholic topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Conversion

Post #1

Post by Tart »

I'm in Italy for the next two month studying abroad, and I just attended mass at the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore today (the forth Catholic mass of ever attended) and I'm convinced now to take the next steps in seeking in conversion, or at least looking into it more seriously... is there any advice on how I can go about doing that?

Tcg
Savant

Re: Conversion

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

Given that you are in Italy, I doubt you'd have any trouble finding a Catholic church. Go to one of those and ask.

RightReason
Under Probation

Re: Conversion

Post #3

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to Tart]

Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!! Follow your heart And your head. The Catholic Church is Christ's Church and she's been waiting for you.

Typically the Church would have you go thru RCIA (The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults). To help you understand all that you would be committing to. It would help answer any questions you may have and help you understand the faith more fully. The Culmination would come at the Easter Vigil mass where you would be Baptized if you weren't already, Confirmed, and receive Christ in the Eucharist (Holy Communion) for the first time. And of course prior to that you would go to Confession. It is a beautiful and emotional process, but well worth the preparation and anticipation. I encourage you to get in touch with whatever parish you think you would be near for the next 6 months.

And Welcome Home!