Science and Technology Forum

Discuss Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology, Biology, Chemistry, Archaeology, Geology, Math, Technology

Moderator: Moderators

A Troubled Man
Guru

Science and Technology Forum

Post #1

Post by A Troubled Man »

Welcome to the Science and Technology Forum.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss, debate, learn and inform regarding any and all categories of science.

Pseudoscience, crank and crackpot theories are also welcome.

Provide informative links for articles and papers on the latest technologies or events.

Got a theory? Post it here for review and critique.

Saint_of_Me
Banned
Banned

Re: Science and Technology Forum

Post #2

Post by Saint_of_Me »

[Replying to post 1 by A Troubled Man]

Thanks!!

This is great to see: a A Science Forum. I myself am in the field. And I'm a new guy, so "how ya doin'? Good to see ya!"

I recently took my MS degree in Biology from Arizona State, and am now working on my doctorate. It will be a while for that however. I have not even had my Dissertation Topic approved yet by by Advisory Board.

I'm also a Born Again Christian, so I am something of....what shall we say? A misfit? LOL. That's how I feel sometimes around school, here. And i joined DC.com to talk about religion and God, since it is not a very welcome subject where I work and go to school. So to have a Science forum here is awesome.

But I digress. Sorry. What to speak of here? OK...I have a topic. Like I said, I am a Biologist. One of my very favorite Biologists--and indeed maybe the most controversial guy in the entire field, is one Dr. Rupert Sheldrake. A Brit Biochemist. Oxford-trained. Original field of expertise was molecular biology. Dis dome cutting-edge work back in the day.

But over the past couple decades he as devoted himself almost exclusively to his pet Theory: "Morphic Resonance." In short--I will add a link to further explain his views--he believes that Nature has Memory. And puts out and receives "morphic fields" which help it learn. For example: grow a set of simply crystals in a room. And after they reach fruition, begin to grow another set. On the other side of the room. OIr even in another room or lab in your house or building.

What will happen? Well, the second set will grow faster because it tapped into the morphic field emitted by the original set, and "learned" some effective methods to expedite the growth process!

Or....a set of trees in a forest are attacked by invasive beetles. Those trees emit some sort of morphic warning to a copse of trees miles away. And lo and behold those trees begin to excrete a specific chemical in their xylem or phloem that will act as a lethal insecticide to the beetles.

Dogs know when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, and in different vehicles.

Kids learn real Japanese nursery rhymes (American kids who do not speak the language) much faster than they will non-sensical ones made-up by their teachers, but that sound Japanese. Why? Because of the Morphic Field of Learning emitted by all those Japanese kids over the ages in Japan who have been singing them!

This is the sort of stuff Sheldrake speaks of.

I will withhold opinion until some others share. Needless to day, Rupert has been met with much criticism among his peers. His detractors are many. His proofs of his theories, are, alas, scant. But I love this stuff. Let's go..................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake

Excubis
Sage
Location: (nowhere you probaly heard of) Saskatchewan, Canada

Post #3

Post by Excubis »

[Replying to post 2 by Saint_of_Me]

It is definitely interesting yet I would say the examples he gives are not tied together by 1 consistent rule,mechanism, ect.. My dog knows because all animals have a sense of time and routine. Now there is little stats to show a dog knows random times. When i arrive home randomly more than often my dog is unaware until I come near my home. How do I know cameras. Now as far as biology there is definitely a memory at least in my limited biology knowledge. I am somewhat of a believer in some psychic mechanism but not in traditional sense but through biology, as in release of chemicals that we can receive and have shared experiences. Since all experience are a reaction to stimuli and firing of neurons in the brain there could very well be chemicals we release and are acceptable too depending. Now once again opinion based on my own experiences at a time I ingested hallucinogens in guise of anthro/social experiments and my limited general knowledge of biology. Just to bring about a little credence to my opinion is Oflactory memory. Ability to smell and remember. Chemicals rule our biological world. Hmm
"It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid." Albert Einstein

help3434
Guru

Post #4

Post by help3434 »

Saint_of_Me wrote:
Kids learn real Japanese nursery rhymes (American kids who do not speak the language) much faster than they will non-sensical ones made-up by their teachers, but that sound Japanese. Why? Because of the Morphic Field of Learning emitted by all those Japanese kids over the ages in Japan who have been singing them!
Isn't more likely that there is a simpler explanations, like real foreign language nursery rhyme have patterns that make them easier to learn than nonsense ones?

imran_zahid

Post #5

Post by imran_zahid »

Hey,

Thanks a lot. I'm also join this platform to explore my knowledge regarding Technology.

Cheers!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Aetixintro »

"Crackpot theory":
Honeycomb God can be seen directly by radio-astronomy on ghost detection setting given the frequency range for seeing ghosts almost like you see heat by infra-red imaging or thermal reading by that imaging. ☺

The Honeycomb God is all the way out there where the Universe ends. Thus, the Universe is of constant size yet super-huge, size determined by OR gate testing. You can also make a map of the Universe by OR gate testing.

Future is definitely cool! Cheers!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!