How do I donate my body (when I expire) to science?

Discuss Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology, Biology, Chemistry, Archaeology, Geology, Math, Technology

Moderator: Moderators

playhavock
Guru

How do I donate my body (when I expire) to science?

Post #1

Post by playhavock »

Google has sort of failed me in my resarch on this, I do not know how to research the compinys themselfs - so - anyone have any info on donating your own body to science?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

I've no information, but consider contacting somebody in the medical department of a nearby university.

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: How do I donate my body (when I expire) to science?

Post #3

Post by Goat »

playhavock wrote: Google has sort of failed me in my resarch on this, I do not know how to research the compinys themselfs - so - anyone have any info on donating your own body to science?

It depends on the State. Most body donations go to medical students for learning.

What state are you in? For example, there is http://www.bequest.umn.edu/faq/home.html

Other states have other laws and programs.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

playhavock
Guru

Post #4

Post by playhavock »

Thanks Goat, that lead me to the Fl (state I am in now) as well as other states (in case I move its just easyer to donate in that state) so, I'm two fourms away from being sure that my body will goto science. You dont get to tell them what to do (or not do) with it, else I'd want my brain keeped alive somehow ;) I'm allready an organ doner, and it seems thats okdokey to do and even encoraged, whatever other bits will goto sciencey things. Yay! Anyone else done this - sort of morbid feeling looking at the donation forums and such, but I'm glad to do a small part to help at some point, hopefully long from now. :D

Eliyahu
Banned
Banned

Re: How do I donate my body (when I expire) to science?

Post #5

Post by Eliyahu »

playhavock wrote: How do I donate my body (when I expire) to science?
Bs'd

You are more usefull to science when you donate your body before you expire.