Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

agnosticatheist
Banned
Banned

What is wrong with sex before marriage?

Post #1

Post by agnosticatheist »

Christians, you contend we are not supposed to have sex before we are MARRIED.

What is wrong with a couple who have been together for a long time having sex before they get married?

If you buy a car, or a house, dont you want to check it out before you buy it?

What if you are moving towards getting married? Dont you want to know what the person you will spend the rest of your life with looks like naked? And there's practical issues too. I dont want to get too graphic here, but the tightness of the female v***** varies from individual to individual, and the thickness of the male p**** varies from individual to individual. Dont you want to make sure your organs are compatible and not mismatched? Dont you want to know what your partner smells and tastes like? Dont you want to know if the female is or isnt allergic to your semen? Dont you want to know if your partner is frigid and non expressive or vibrant and expressive? Dont you want to know if your partner is down for trying a lot or is not open to much more than missionary?

Oh but no, you and God tell us we are supposed to basically do a blind buy with respect to one of the most important aspects of a normal marriage.

Yeah, sorry, but im going with reason here.
If it turns out there are one or more gods, then so be it.

If it turns out there are no gods, then thank reality that no one is going to suffer forever.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Re: What is wrong with sex before marriage?

Post #41

Post by 2ndRateMind »

It may be worth drawing a distinction, here, that has served me well enough during my married life. Making love is where you want to pleasure your partner. Sex without that qualification is where you want to pleasure yourself, and is born of lust. And lust, I hardly need remind you, is one of the seven deadly sins.

Best wishes, 2RM
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Tcg I am a little concerned by your byline, where you state that: 'Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.' What, in your opinion, is the difference between atheism and agnosticism?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Kylie
Apprentice

Post #43

Post by Kylie »

2ndRateMind wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:14 am It may be worth drawing a distinction, here, that has served me well enough during my married life. Making love is where you want to pleasure your partner. Sex without that qualification is where you want to pleasure yourself, and is born of lust. And lust, I hardly need remind you, is one of the seven deadly sins.

Best wishes, 2RM
I dunno about that.

Sometimes I'm just horny and want to have sex. I'm pretty sure that my husband enjoys it, even if my primary purpose is satisfying my own desires.

Also, what if part of pleasuring myself involves pleasuring my husband? That seems to cover both.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Kylie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:09 am
2ndRateMind wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:14 am It may be worth drawing a distinction, here, that has served me well enough during my married life. Making love is where you want to pleasure your partner. Sex without that qualification is where you want to pleasure yourself, and is born of lust. And lust, I hardly need remind you, is one of the seven deadly sins.

Best wishes, 2RM
I dunno about that.

Sometimes I'm just horny and want to have sex. I'm pretty sure that my husband enjoys it, even if my primary purpose is satisfying my own desires.

Also, what if part of pleasuring myself involves pleasuring my husband? That seems to cover both.
Indeed it does. But the pleasuring of the self is a happy by-product of pleasuring one's partner. Such is love.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Kylie
Apprentice

Post #45

Post by Kylie »

2ndRateMind wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 am
Kylie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:09 am

Best wishes, 2RM
I dunno about that.

Indeed it does. But the pleasuring of the self is a happy by-product of pleasuring one's partner. Such is love.

Best wishes, 2RM.
I'd hardly call it a by product. It's an important part for me. It's pleasuring both of us at the same time.