Sodom, Greece, Rome and homosexuality.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

AlAyeti
Guru

Sodom, Greece, Rome and homosexuality.

Post #1

Post by AlAyeti »

Does allowing for diversity include parents having no voice in what their children are forced to be taught and have to accept?

Do Christians and the many other cultures and belief systems opposed to homosexuality have the right to have their culture and religious views respected in society when it comes to decent and natural sexual behavior in the education system and in public?

Are homosexuals demanding accesss to children under the label of diversity and anti-hate legislation?

This seems the number one issue between average and normal "family" people and the homosexual agenda.

Can there be laws passed that keeps homosexuality from becoming forced on children and families that oppose it, without the homosexual community and homosexual action organizations crying discrimination?

Is there such a thing anymore as heterosexual rights?

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #31

Post by sin_is_fun »

perplexed101 wrote: If someone going through school wants to exclude evolution then why should it be pushed on that person to jump in the bandwagon of evolutionary theory?
Because students go to school to learn science and not to decide what is science and what is not science.What is science is decided by scientists and not by parents or students.A parent doesnt have the right to decide what the school should teach his child.

perplexed101
Sage

Post #32

Post by perplexed101 »

sin_is_fun wrote:
perplexed101 wrote: If someone going through school wants to exclude evolution then why should it be pushed on that person to jump in the bandwagon of evolutionary theory?
Because students go to school to learn science and not to decide what is science and what is not science.What is science is decided by scientists and not by parents or students.A parent doesnt have the right to decide what the school should teach his child.
If a student wants to exclude the evolutionary theory.. is what i stated sin, lol you need to learn how to read. ROFL and if the majority of the community refuses and sets up at home schools then i guess you can keep your "no right" to yourself then as well..with your mouths open.

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #33

Post by sin_is_fun »

perplexed101 wrote: If a student wants to exclude the evolutionary theory.. is what i stated sin, lol you need to learn how to read. ROFL and if the majority of the community refuses and sets up at home schools then i guess you can keep your "no right" to yourself then as well..with your mouths open.
Student cannot decide what should be taught to him.Majority of community also doesnt have the right to decide what should be taught in public schools.They can start their own schools and make their children learn there in spare time.But the child should get educated in government syllabi based schools first and in such religious schools if he has time.

perplexed101
Sage

Post #34

Post by perplexed101 »

sin_is_fun wrote:
perplexed101 wrote: If a student wants to exclude the evolutionary theory.. is what i stated sin, lol you need to learn how to read. ROFL and if the majority of the community refuses and sets up at home schools then i guess you can keep your "no right" to yourself then as well..with your mouths open.
Student cannot decide what should be taught to him.Majority of community also doesnt have the right to decide what should be taught in public schools.They can start their own schools and make their children learn there in spare time.But the child should get educated in government syllabi based schools first and in such religious schools if he has time.
it should be an elective and be considered as serious as a person who is pro-choice. i am not stating that you have no choice to like it either way LOL. You can like it or dont like it, the choice is up to you as it is for the communities waiting to act.

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #35

Post by sin_is_fun »

perplexed101 wrote: it should be an elective and be considered as serious as a person who is pro-choice. i am not stating that you have no choice to like it either way LOL. You can like it or dont like it, the choice is up to you as it is for the communities waiting to act.
I dont understand why a student should be given a choice in evolution.Then should the student be asked whether he likes to be taught gravity,theory of relativity,multiplication,addition etc?Without knowing what evolution is,how can a student say 'I dont want it?"

Students go to schools to learn science and maths.So he should be taught science and maths.Religion and its teachings have no place in school syllabi.What is science should be determined by scientists and not by 'scientific creationists'.

perplexed101
Sage

Post #36

Post by perplexed101 »

sin_is_fun wrote:
perplexed101 wrote: it should be an elective and be considered as serious as a person who is pro-choice. i am not stating that you have no choice to like it either way LOL. You can like it or dont like it, the choice is up to you as it is for the communities waiting to act.
I dont understand why a student should be given a choice in evolution.Then should the student be asked whether he likes to be taught gravity,theory of relativity,multiplication,addition etc?Without knowing what evolution is,how can a student say 'I dont want it?"

Students go to schools to learn science and maths.So he should be taught science and maths.Religion and its teachings have no place in school syllabi.What is science should be determined by scientists and not by 'scientific creationists'.
ROFL, pigeon holeing science into the evolutionary theory when a student can choose evidential analysis without having to be attached to the established paradgm of macro-evolution but then again i wouldnt expect you to understand. You would rather enforce a "no choice" policy.

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #37

Post by sin_is_fun »

perplexed101 wrote: ROFL, pigeon holeing science into the evolutionary theory when a student can choose evidential analysis without having to be attached to the established paradgm of macro-evolution but then again i wouldnt expect you to understand. You would rather enforce a "no choice" policy.
Does a school student has the power to do "evidential analysis?"Is he more knolwedgable than scientists?

I cannot understand your logic.To reject evolution he should learn about evolution.He learns creation from bible.Nobody is stopping him from learning bible.You say he should reject evolution.Ok,to do that he should know what evolution is,right?Who will teach it to him?Only schools.

So its you who argue that student should not have choice.He already learns bible and creation from his church and parents.So let him learn evolution in schools.

perplexed101
Sage

Post #38

Post by perplexed101 »

sin_is_fun wrote:
perplexed101 wrote: ROFL, pigeon holeing science into the evolutionary theory when a student can choose evidential analysis without having to be attached to the established paradgm of macro-evolution but then again i wouldnt expect you to understand. You would rather enforce a "no choice" policy.
Does a school student has the power to do "evidential analysis?"Is he more knolwedgable than scientists?

I cannot understand your logic.To reject evolution he should learn about evolution.He learns creation from bible.Nobody is stopping him from learning bible.You say he should reject evolution.Ok,to do that he should know what evolution is,right?Who will teach it to him?Only schools.

So its you who argue that student should not have choice.He already learns bible and creation from his church and parents.So let him learn evolution in schools.
can a pupil have the capacity to observe and extrapolate information based on case studies? or should they believe they are an aquatic apes first in order to extrapolate information?

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #39

Post by MagusYanam »

I don't see how sin_is_fun is pigeon-holeing science here. Yes, evolution is a theory, kind of like gravity. But right now, it is the science, just as the theory of gravity is. Any improvements on evolutionary theory have to build on it - the way I see it, ID'ists and YEC'ists are crippling scientific teaching by trying to make a hokey, vastly undersupported premise equal with a theory in science education. By not making evolution mandatory for biology classes, you're cutting out a huge, vital piece of modern biology.

Choice doesn't have much to do with the matter. Education is providing tools to students, and for those interested in biology, evolution is one such tool - and it's a big one. Putting it on level with ID or not making it mandatory is like saying to a student, 'we have this great graphing calculator here, but it isn't necessary to use that - use this abacus on your next calc test instead'.

Evolutionary theory is vital - even if it is improved, streamlined or replaced with something that better fits what evidence we have, it still deserves a distinguished place in our history as one of the great theories of modern science. But discussion of this point belongs in the C&E subforum.

perplexed101
Sage

Post #40

Post by perplexed101 »

MagusYanam wrote:I don't see how sin_is_fun is pigeon-holeing science here. Yes, evolution is a theory, kind of like gravity. But right now, it is the science, just as the theory of gravity is. Any improvements on evolutionary theory have to build on it - the way I see it, ID'ists and YEC'ists are crippling scientific teaching by trying to make a hokey, vastly undersupported premise equal with a theory in science education. By not making evolution mandatory for biology classes, you're cutting out a huge, vital piece of modern biology.

Choice doesn't have much to do with the matter. Education is providing tools to students, and for those interested in biology, evolution is one such tool - and it's a big one. Putting it on level with ID or not making it mandatory is like saying to a student, 'we have this great graphing calculator here, but it isn't necessary to use that - use this abacus on your next calc test instead'.

Evolutionary theory is vital - even if it is improved, streamlined or replaced with something that better fits what evidence we have, it still deserves a distinguished place in our history as one of the great theories of modern science. But discussion of this point belongs in the C&E subforum.
i dont care if it's timbucktwo as being the established paradgm for macro-evolution and that still should be given as a choice as to whether or not a student be given the right to choose to exclude or not. You dont live each students life and in this regard they should have more of a choice in the matter. You hypocritically expect to exert a "no choice" policy but yet you QUESTION others on their views when it seems to contradict yours to the point that they should be flexible?
Last edited by perplexed101 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.