Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

The Gay Denomination?

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

The Gay Denomination.

For those people that desire same gender sexual behavior or thoughts, AND that claim to be a Christian and claim that their beliefs and theology can fit the New Testament witness, instead of waging an endless, fruitless and vicious war on other Christians - that will NEVER accept their gay doctrines and dogmas . . ., - why won't they just declare a new and alternative denomination, just like Watch Tower theological adherants and Mormons?

Why the need to join forces with anti-Christian and secularist movements to attack "Bible believing" Christians?

Afterall, in referencing the New Testament, there is no justifiable comparison of sex acts to being a slave (slavery), or the charge of bigotry and hatefulness in holding that marriage is a man and a woman.

Why not just start an "Out and Proud" Gay Denomination?

SilenceInMotion
Banned
Banned

Re: The Gay Denomination?

Post #2

Post by SilenceInMotion »

99percentatheism wrote: The Gay Denomination.

For those people that desire same gender sexual behavior or thoughts, AND that claim to be a Christian and claim that their beliefs and theology can fit the New Testament witness, instead of waging an endless, fruitless and vicious war on other Christians - that will NEVER accept their gay doctrines and dogmas . . ., - why won't they just declare a new and alternative denomination, just like Watch Tower theological adherants and Mormons?

Why the need to join forces with anti-Christian and secularist movements to attack "Bible believing" Christians?

Afterall, in referencing the New Testament, there is no justifiable comparison of sex acts to being a slave (slavery), or the charge of bigotry and hatefulness in holding that marriage is a man and a woman.

Lol, maybe the fact that they haven't will tell you something about the gay community.
The Church is infallible. It hasn't accepted gays because it is impossible. The gates of Hell cannot prevail against it, you see. This is God's promise.
A gay denomination, however, can't even seem to start. No, not even after 2000 years. So, good luck with that heresy, I say.

KCKID
Guru

Post #3

Post by KCKID »

SilenceInMotion wrote:

Lol, maybe the fact that they haven't will tell you something about the gay community.
The Church is infallible. It hasn't accepted gays because it is impossible.
I wasn't going to enter into this discussion; however, I couldn't let this piece of ignorance pass without comment. You say that the Church is infallible and that it hasn't accepted 'gays' because it is impossible. CRAP! What this so-called infallible Church HAS done is to WILLINGLY accept PRACTICING adulterers over the years - moreover, it continues to do so - even though KNOWING that the Bible condemns this. Tell me, why is it impossible for 'gays' to be accepted into the Church while the same Church 'embraces' (99percent's word) scriptural adulterers?

I'm calling you out on this and I expect an intelligent and scripturally relevant response!

SilenceInMotion wrote:The gates of Hell cannot prevail against it, you see. This is God's promise. A gay denomination, however, can't even seem to start. No, not even after 2000 years. So, good luck with that heresy, I say.
Christians, eh . . .!!

SilenceInMotion
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by SilenceInMotion »

KCKID wrote:
SilenceInMotion wrote:

I wasn't going to enter into this discussion; however, I couldn't let this piece of ignorance pass without comment. You say that the Church is infallible and that it hasn't accepted 'gays' because it is impossible. CRAP! What this so-called infallible Church HAS done is to WILLINGLY accept PRACTICING adulterers over the years - moreover, it continues to do so - even though KNOWING that the Bible condemns this. Tell me, why is it impossible for 'gays' to be accepted into the Church while the same Church 'embraces' (99percent's word) scriptural adulterers?

I'm calling you out on this and I expect an intelligent and scripturally relevant response!

SilenceInMotion wrote:The gates of Hell cannot prevail against it, you see. This is God's promise. A gay denomination, however, can't even seem to start. No, not even after 2000 years. So, good luck with that heresy, I say.
Christians, eh . . .!!
Adultery is cheating on your spouse. Homosexuality is life-long idolatry. The Church can forgive an act, the Church cannot reconcile unchanging idolatry.

That was easy
lol

And you might be confusing Anglicanism with Roman Catholicism. The Anglican Church accepts gays, and go figure- it was founded by a king who didn't like that the Roman Church would not let him divorce his wife.
*irony*

Matthew 16:18
And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You do know who the first Pope is, no? The Church is infallible.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #5

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

It's laughable to think that those who support the gay community "waged a war" on those who don't. The war against homosexuality has been going on for millenia and has only just gained enough support to fight back. There are many different types of Christians that support the homosexual community, there is nothing that would fit the definition of a "gay denomination" as different people from different denominations with different beliefs support gay rights. What would be gained by creating a new denomination? Would this denomination have other doctrines set or only those concerning homosexuals?
99percentatheism wrote:Why the need to join forces with anti-Christian and secularist movements to attack "Bible believing" Christians?
Why the need to demonize those that hold different positions, many of the Christians supporting the homosexual community also believe in the Bible. What you can't see past is the denominations and the people supporting it themselves. You aren't looking at the ideology, the thing that they are actually supporting and working towards. There is a lot of people who support the gay community and they come from a diverse background and hold many different beliefs, what they hold in common is what they strive for and why they work together. There is a lot they disagree on but many put that aside to achieve what they see as a greater good.
Religion feels to me a little like a Nigerian Prince scam. The "offer" is illegitimate, the "request" is unreasonable and the source is dubious, in fact, Nigeria doesn't even have a royal family.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #6

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

SilenceInMotion wrote:

They don't pigeonhole beliefs and don't force people to conform, they are happy to accept support from a wide variety of sources and there is no need for a gay denomination. They are happy for people to act individually and support what they think is right.
SilenceInMotion wrote:The Church is infallible. It hasn't accepted gays because it is impossible. The gates of Hell cannot prevail against it, you see. This is God's promise.
I doubt that this is God's promise.
SilenceInMotion wrote:A gay denomination, however, can't even seem to start. No, not even after 2000 years. So, good luck with that heresy, I say.
There is no push for it to start, nobody wants it that i'm aware of and it may even be counter productive.
Religion feels to me a little like a Nigerian Prince scam. The "offer" is illegitimate, the "request" is unreasonable and the source is dubious, in fact, Nigeria doesn't even have a royal family.

KCKID
Guru

Post #7

Post by KCKID »

SilenceInMotion wrote:
KCKID wrote:
SilenceInMotion wrote:

Christians, eh . . .!!
SilenceInMotion wrote:Adultery is cheating on your spouse.
But ONE example of adultery.
SilenceInMotion wrote:Homosexuality is life-long idolatry.
Bible text please or otherwise retract that piece of home-made crap! Don't make claims that you can't back up.
SilenceInMotion wrote:The Church can forgive an act,
You neglected to say an 'unchanging act'. See below.
SilenceInMotion wrote:the Church cannot reconcile unchanging idolatry.
One does not make claims such as this without being asked for a text of proof. Again, present the scripture that states homosexuality is idolatry.
SilenceInMotion wrote:That was easy ...lol
Not quite but your misplaced arrogance is duly noted.

Hoo, boy ...I can see this is going to be a potential waste of time. True ...adultery IS cheating on your spouse. Cigar for SilenceInMotion. HOWEVER ...scriptural adultery ALSO applies to divorcees who remarry and I'll tell you quite confidently that the Church ABOUNDS with these adulterous relationships. UNLESS these types of adulterous relationships are 'annulled' (and pigs will fly before that happens) then the sin within the Church remains UNCHANGED (your word).

As long as you have set yourself up as a judge of others with the Bible as your guide you need to brush up on ALL of the scriptures that deal with in-Church issues instead of appealing to conveniently selected texts. I personally don't have a problem with divorcees/remarrieds within the Church BUT GOD DOES! Check it out, get the facts or forever hold your peace. I'm not interested in discussing issues with those who think they know what they are talking about but CLEARLY DON'T.

SilenceInMotion wrote:And you might be confusing Anglicanism with Roman Catholicism. The Anglican Church accepts gays, and go figure- it was founded by a king who didn't like that the Roman Church would not let him divorce his wife.
*irony*
Nice.
SilenceInMotion wrote:Matthew 16:18
And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You do know who the first Pope is, no? The Church is infallible.
Okay.

Moses Yoder
Guru

Post #8

Post by Moses Yoder »

Homosexuals are welcome in our church. An openly gay practicing homosexual can't be a member or hold positions of office in the church, but they are welcome to attend. There is no need to start a new denomination. My daughter's band teacher is an openly homosexual lesbian living with her girlfriend and we get along great. Of course I don't feel it is right to go around holding a sign that says "God hates fags" because He doesn't.

So far as divorce and remarriage go, I would agree it is a sin but in my Bible it says God forgives sin. My mother-in-law got pregnant by her boyfriend shortly after high school, and the baby was the girl who ended up being my wife. My wife's bio dad was in the navy and gone a lot so no surprise they ended up getting divorced. A few years later my MIL married a man who ended up being a great influence on his step daughter; a fine man of God. If it were not for this man whom you say is living in adultery my wife would not be a Christian. Yes he has sinned, and God has forgiven his sin.
Matthew 16:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mithrae
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Mithrae »

99percentatheism wrote:Why not just start an "Out and Proud" Gay Denomination?
It's very hard to type 'gay denomination' into Google, isn't it? The second result leaves your question looking a little superfluous, not to mention ignorant.

Jax Agnesson
Guru

Post #10

Post by Jax Agnesson »

All Christian religious groups, (and all other communities, FTM) contain people whose natural sexual inclination is towards members of their own sex.
Some communities accept gay and lesbian people as 'no big deal'. NORMAL.
Some drive them into silence, self-hatred and despair.
Some are somewhere in between these two extremes.
The idea that GLBT Christians should leave their present congregations and start a new one seems like a crazy kind of apartheidt to me. Would they admit straight people into their congregations? If not, why not? If they did, what would be the difference between a 'homosexual' church that includes straights, and a 'straight' church that includes homosexuals?
They're here, they're Queer. Get used to it!