What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Hans35
Student

What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Post #1

Post by Hans35 »

Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!

KCKID
Guru

Post #31

Post by KCKID »

RottenHead wrote: I don't believe that homosexuality is wrong. I trust my understanding of the true character of God and it doesn't support hatred or rejection of anyone for reasons like that. I didn't choose the way I am and I would die for my Lord. I know my heart is right and so there isn't a person on this earth that can tell me I am wrong or any of my brothers and sisters who had to face being outside the mainstream way of life are wrong just for the way their mind works.

I was trying to be with people that I loved but felt nothing for sexually, that is not what God intended. It is my belief that God intends us to live exactly what we are to the fullest and expressing what is beautiful inside us to the outside world. If God is Love then there is no hate or rejection in His plan. It just doesn't mix, the math is no good. There is only one way to see God, with the trust of your entire being that He loves you. If you can't do that then you have missed the bus completely in terms of understanding God. That is why I have no anger for anyone who talks sh*t about God or Christianity, they obviously don't get it! So don't be mad. These people are ultimately on their own path and they are actually thinking it's okay to yell in your face about how you are, that is going to explode in their faces and we don't need to fan the flames. Feel sorry for the people who judge you because they are asking to be judged.

Rest in the knowledge that you are who and what you are supposed to be and work to push it out with style.
While I agree for the most part with the contents of this post I confess that I still have a certain amount of anger for those who talk religious sh*t (is that descriptive word still considered to be a cuss word?) with regard to this particular topic. I don't even know why it should still be an issue even though I know for a fact that it certainly is with regard to most mainstream Christian Churches.

Anyway, good post, RottenHead, although your screen name doesn't appear to be consistent with the contents . . .
:shock:

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by ttruscott »

Sex is a symbol of marriage.
Marriage is a symbol of the perfect unity of GOD and HIS church.

All expressions of unity outside of marriage are expressions of unity with Satan.

Now, since we have same sex marriage, I must delve deeper into the Spirit for understanding and it comes down to that it is proscribed in the Bible so hey, it is not for me and probably a sin.

peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ten10ths
Banned
Banned

Re: What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Post #33

Post by ten10ths »

Hans35 wrote: Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!
The only reason why gay people shouldn't be married is because a certain group of people think so. They have presented to evidence that gay marriage will harm society or anyone else.
The only thing they have presented is 'because God says' which is relevant only to them. If God exists, I will have to answer for my actions. If I want to marry another man, I answer for it, not them. Therefore, it's none of their business and they need to keep their noses out of my business and, maybe even, my eternal life.
They need to be more worried about their lives, how they treat others, how they act in the name of their God than who I want to spend my life with legally.

UFO
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by UFO »

Hans35 wrote: Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!
The only thing wrong with it is how others see it AND how individuals live with it. Fortunately, we each answer for our own actions basically. So if a guy wants to be go out and have sex with tons of people that's his choice. If a woman wants to have sex with more than one person at a time, all the time, that's her choice. I don't have to answer for their actions and don't really care much about what they do in this instance. And even if I did, so what? What am I going to do about it?!? :lol:

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #35

Post by ttruscott »

Tell me pls!
The only reason I think gay sex is wrong is that the Bible says so. Period. But the implication of "so wrong" seems to suggest it is a special kind of wrong. It is not. Every sin has an equal and ultimate disvalue in GOD's sight forcing either Christ's death or hell depending on who the sinner is, not the sin.

Without the word telling us / me it was forbidden, who'd even think of it that way?

Why it is forbidden is somewhat obscure but may be implied in Paul's explanation of why a Christian does not use prostitutes...he becomes one flesh with her as if they were married so it is a false marriage and that is the crime.

Sex is the symbol for the marriage union of one flesh and marriage is the symbol for our heavenly union with our GOD in heaven so any defilement of these symbols strike at the heart of HIS purpose for our creation, the heavenly union / communion. This may also be why divorce is also wrong.

That's all I have to offer at this time,

Peace, Ted

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Haven
Guru

Post #36

Post by Haven »

[color=red]ttruscott[/color] wrote: The only reason I think gay sex is wrong is that the Bible says so. Period.
And this, right here, is why Christianity is a cancer to humanity.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

bluethread
Savant

Post #37

Post by bluethread »

RottenHead wrote:
Rest in the knowledge that you are who and what you are supposed to be and work to push it out with style.
So, if a father and son, mother and daughter, aunt and niece, uncle and nephew, heck even a grand father and grand son, or grand mother and grand daughter are attracted to one another, they should work to push it out with style?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by Zzyzx »

ttruscott wrote: The only reason I think gay sex is wrong is that the Bible says so. Period.
The same bible says to stone adulteress to death (and to do the same for disobedient children or people who gather firewood on the sabbath). Do you think the bible is right (period) on those things too?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #39

Post by ttruscott »

Zzyzx wrote: .
ttruscott wrote: The only reason I think gay sex is wrong is that the Bible says so. Period.
The same bible says to stone adulteress to death (and to do the same for disobedient children or people who gather firewood on the sabbath). Do you think the bible is right (period) on those things too?
Of course it was - though our obedience to these laws that could not be kept (and never were) was changed to a command to love.

Peace, Ted

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by dianaiad »

Haven wrote:
[color=red]ttruscott[/color] wrote: The only reason I think gay sex is wrong is that the Bible says so. Period.
And this, right here, is why Christianity is a cancer to humanity.
Moderator Comment

This is the sort of one-line comment that we ask posters to avoid making. It does not address the issue, does not advance the conversation, and, in this case, actively invites incivility, being in itself uncivil.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.