Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

There is no secular or theological challenge to be made that a "Christian marriage" isn't immutably a man and woman/husband and wife. Therefore, it should be a criminal act under current hate crimes laws, to accuse a Christian of hate, bigotry, or irrational . . ., if they assert the immutability of the structure of marriage as man and woman/husband and wife.

As Jesus proclaimed it in the Gospels and the writings reaffirm and define it so.

Why would anyone, religious or secularist, NOT support and affirm Christians adhering to the consistent and immutable Biblical teaching that a marriage is a man/husband and woman/wife?

A Troubled Man
Guru

Re: Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Post #291

Post by A Troubled Man »

99percentatheism wrote: There is no secular or theological challenge to be made that a "Christian marriage" isn't immutably a man and woman/husband and wife. Therefore, it should be a criminal act under current hate crimes laws, to accuse a Christian of hate, bigotry, or irrational . . ., if they assert the immutability of the structure of marriage as man and woman/husband and wife.
Ah, but you specifically stated there is no challenge as to your definition of a "Christian marriage". I'm sure you'll find many non-believers will jump to your defense in holding that challenge, too. I for one. You and any other Christian are free to hold that definition to your marriages.

However, "marriage" may no necessarily follow along with your definition, but I'm quite sure that if you respect the fact that many will defend your right to hold your definition of a Christian marriage, you'll in kind respect the rights of others who hold their definitions of marriage.

:)

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #292

Post by dianaiad »

KCKID wrote: I'd like for 99percentatheism to comment on the below item. The story appeared on Australian 60 Minutes this evening, in fact, it just finished a few minutes ago. As yet, the video has not been uploaded but I'll present it as soon as it is. Meanwhile, below is a summary about Emma and his/her 'affliction' that is known as gender dysphoria.

It's the most exciting day in a parent's life - finding out whether their baby is a boy or a girl. But for some, the answer is not always clear-cut.

Emma Hayes was just five years old when she told her parents that despite being born a boy she wanted to live and dress as a girl.

Diagnosed with gender dysphoria, Emma is among a growing number of children across the country who insist they're trapped in the wrong body.

This...in my opinion...is the fault of the parents and of the culture. This child is too young to be that certain. I'm not saying that s/he is NOT a 'girl trapped in a boy's body.' What I am saying is that the solution is not to take this child's 'word' for it. It is to treat a child like a CHILD. If this kid wants to wear a dress one day and play soldiers the next, then that's what should happen. Children either strongly identify as one thing or the other, or they don't, but if they aren't worried about it, why are WE worrying them about it?

Five years old and Emma's life has just been made a great deal more difficult...by politically correct adults.

Here's what I would have done, as Emma's mom. Here's what I did as my daughter's mom. When SHE was very young, she didn't want to play with dolls; she wanted to tear things 'topart' to see what they were made of. Fine with me. She didn't want to play with the girls. She wanted to play with the boys. Fine with me. She hated dresses...I didn't make her wear them. Because she was a girl, she had to wear skirts to church, but I made her an honest to goodness kilt and she was perfectly happy with that, since half of her ancestry (through me) is bloodthirsty Scot. I never once, in all the time she was growing up, hinted to her that she was not behaving 'normally for a girl.' She explored all her interests. She joined all the 'boy's' sports...in fact, she pretty much raised herself as a boy, very much like her brothers (and she had two sisters who were, and remain, very 'girly' girls). She just felt more comfortable with the guys. Fine with me. Let her simply be a kid.

There were many times that she came to me, sometimes crying, because she 'didn't feel like a girl...' and my answer was always; what does a girl 'feel like?" She's a girl, she feels as she feels, so that's what a girl 'feels like.' She has certain physical attributes, and just like someone who has red hair, or black hair, or straight, we deal with what we deal with. There was plenty of time, as she grew up, to figure things out.

As it turns out, she grew up. She figured things out. She's a strong, active, vibrant woman...who still can't see the 'call of the doll.' She IS, however, comfortable in the skin she was born in. She's not a 'man in a woman's body,' or 'a 'real woman,' She's Kat in her own body, and it's just fine, thank you very much.

ARE there folks who are hermaphrodites? Obviously. Are there homosexuals who simply are not attracted to...cannot be aroused by and cannot perform with...the opposite sex? Yes. Not as many as people would have everybody believe, but yes. Are there 'transgendered' folks? Perhaps. However, in the case of that last, I'll be willing to bet everything I own and everything my children own that the vast majority of those were not BORN that way. Absent obvious physical anomalies, like hormone differences, etc., it is 'nurture' that decided it, not 'nature.'

In Emma's case....oh, her parents have just done her a grave and permanent disservice. And yes, I call her 'her,' because whether she was born that way or her parents and the adults (who should know better) have done this TO her, it's pretty much done.

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

Post #293

Post by Allahakbar »

dianaiad wrote:
KCKID wrote: I'd like for 99percentatheism to comment on the below item. The story appeared on Australian 60 Minutes this evening, in fact, it just finished a few minutes ago. As yet, the video has not been uploaded but I'll present it as soon as it is. Meanwhile, below is a summary about Emma and his/her 'affliction' that is known as gender dysphoria.

It's the most exciting day in a parent's life - finding out whether their baby is a boy or a girl. But for some, the answer is not always clear-cut.

Emma Hayes was just five years old when she told her parents that despite being born a boy she wanted to live and dress as a girl.

Diagnosed with gender dysphoria, Emma is among a growing number of children across the country who insist they're trapped in the wrong body.

This...in my opinion...is the fault of the parents and of the culture. This child is too young to be that certain.

Of course it is, it couldn't possibly the fault of an all knowing god. Lucky she wasn't born in a culture of another all knowing god or he would have ordered her death.
Damn that evolution god and his religion, everything was tickyteboo before that. A man new his place (master) and so did a woman (slave) just as god intended.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #294

Post by A Troubled Man »

dianaiad wrote:

This...in my opinion...is the fault of the parents and of the culture. This child is too young to be that certain. I'm not saying that s/he is NOT a 'girl trapped in a boy's body.' What I am saying is that the solution is not to take this child's 'word' for it. It is to treat a child like a CHILD. If this kid wants to wear a dress one day and play soldiers the next, then that's what should happen. Children either strongly identify as one thing or the other, or they don't, but if they aren't worried about it, why are WE worrying them about it?

Five years old and Emma's life has just been made a great deal more difficult...by politically correct adults.

Here's what I would have done, as Emma's mom. Here's what I did as my daughter's mom. When SHE was very young, she didn't want to play with dolls; she wanted to tear things 'topart' to see what they were made of. Fine with me. She didn't want to play with the girls. She wanted to play with the boys. Fine with me. She hated dresses...I didn't make her wear them. Because she was a girl, she had to wear skirts to church, but I made her an honest to goodness kilt and she was perfectly happy with that, since half of her ancestry (through me) is bloodthirsty Scot. I never once, in all the time she was growing up, hinted to her that she was not behaving 'normally for a girl.' She explored all her interests. She joined all the 'boy's' sports...in fact, she pretty much raised herself as a boy, very much like her brothers (and she had two sisters who were, and remain, very 'girly' girls). She just felt more comfortable with the guys. Fine with me. Let her simply be a kid.

There were many times that she came to me, sometimes crying, because she 'didn't feel like a girl...' and my answer was always; what does a girl 'feel like?" She's a girl, she feels as she feels, so that's what a girl 'feels like.' She has certain physical attributes, and just like someone who has red hair, or black hair, or straight, we deal with what we deal with. There was plenty of time, as she grew up, to figure things out.

As it turns out, she grew up. She figured things out. She's a strong, active, vibrant woman...who still can't see the 'call of the doll.' She IS, however, comfortable in the skin she was born in. She's not a 'man in a woman's body,' or 'a 'real woman,' She's Kat in her own body, and it's just fine, thank you very much.

ARE there folks who are hermaphrodites? Obviously. Are there homosexuals who simply are not attracted to...cannot be aroused by and cannot perform with...the opposite sex? Yes. Not as many as people would have everybody believe, but yes. Are there 'transgendered' folks? Perhaps. However, in the case of that last, I'll be willing to bet everything I own and everything my children own that the vast majority of those were not BORN that way. Absent obvious physical anomalies, like hormone differences, etc., it is 'nurture' that decided it, not 'nature.'

In Emma's case....oh, her parents have just done her a grave and permanent disservice. And yes, I call her 'her,' because whether she was born that way or her parents and the adults (who should know better) have done this TO her, it's pretty much done.

I know you have me on ignore, Diana, but I must say that is one of your best posts I've read in a long time. Well done. :)

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #295

Post by dianaiad »

Allahakbar wrote:
dianaiad wrote:

This...in my opinion...is the fault of the parents and of the culture. This child is too young to be that certain.

Of course it is, it couldn't possibly the fault of an all knowing god. Lucky she wasn't born in a culture of another all knowing god or he would have ordered her death.
Damn that evolution god and his religion, everything was tickyteboo before that. A man new his place (master) and so did a woman (slave) just as god intended.

Well, you are correct. It's not God's fault. Certainly, if He is as I believe Him to be, it's not. If He doesn't exist at all, as you seem to think, it's most CERTAINLY not.

Either way, it's not, so you may rest easy.

......It never ceases to amaze me that the people most inclined to blame God for everything claim to be atheists.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #296

Post by A Troubled Man »

dianaiad wrote:
......It never ceases to amaze me that the people most inclined to blame God for everything claim to be atheists.
It always ceases to amaze me that the people most inclined to praise God for everything can't understand why atheists blame God for everything.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #297

Post by dianaiad »

A Troubled Man wrote:
dianaiad wrote:
It always ceases to amaze me that the people most inclined to praise God for everything can't understand why atheists blame God for everything.
(grin)....but theists have an excuse. They believe that a God exists! Tell me: which makes more logical sense: to praise something you believe exists, or to blame something that you 'know' doesn't?

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #298

Post by A Troubled Man »

dianaiad wrote:
(grin)....but theists have an excuse. They believe that a God exists! Tell me: which makes more logical sense: to praise something you believe exists, or to blame something that you 'know' doesn't?
Neither of course, but it certainly does make sense to blame something for everything if we are also to praise it for everything.

It's the old adage, you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #299

Post by JohnPaul »

At the risk of receiving another Moderator warning, my dedication to Christian truth compels me to point out that the demon Belial is a well-known member of the Christian pantheon and has influenced many Christians. He is a partner in the prestigious firm of Moloch, Mammon, Belial and Beelzebub, and his resume includes such Christian atrocities as the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Witch Hunts, and the Jewish pogroms of the Middle Ages. Any Christian hate-monger should be proud to receive the aid of a professional of Belial's caliber.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #300

Post by dianaiad »

A Troubled Man wrote:
dianaiad wrote:
Neither of course, but it certainly does make sense to blame something for everything if we are also to praise it for everything.

It's the old adage, you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
Would...if that's what was happening. Problem is...it's not. the believers praise, the non-believers blame, and that has never made a lick of sense to me.