Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

revjoel2013

Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #1

Post by revjoel2013 »

I study the bible and found that premarital sex is not a sin in the bible. This sin is created by Church doctrine. The early church twisted the word fornication to mean sex before marriage. The word fornication actually means having sex with a pagan temple prostitute. The early church fathers redefine the word fornication to mean all sex outside of marriage. This is how the doctrine that premarital sex is a sin started.

Why Should Christians Engage in Premarital Sex / Sex Before Marriage!!!

http://youtu.be/4lSv9kPIx0Q

What does fornication mean in the Bible; Latin Greek and Hebrew or

http://youtu.be/UVAI2TTOcgM[/img]

Miles
Savant

Re: Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #41

Post by Miles »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm [Replying to revjoel2013 in post #1]

I do not know how much clearer it has to be.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESV

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

“If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then hates her and accuses her of misconduct and brings a bad name upon her, saying, ‘I took this woman, and when I came near her, I did not find in her evidence of virginity,’ then the father of the young woman and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of her virginity to the elders of the city in the gate. And the father of the young woman shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to marry, and he hates her; and behold, he has accused her of misconduct, saying, “I did not find in your daughter evidence of virginity.” And yet this is the evidence of my daughter's virginity.’ And they shall spread the cloak before the elders of the city. ...

Yet . . .

According to the National Association of Evangelicals, 80 percent of unmarried evangelical Christians between ages 18-29 admit to having had premarital sex, a shocking figure when measured against the number of pledges made in youth ministries and wristbands worn endorsing abstinence around the country throughout the late ’80s and early ’90s
source

And from the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information)

Objectives

Policy and programmatic efforts promoting sexual abstinence until marriage have increased, but it is unclear whether establishing such behavior as normative is a realistic public health goal. This study examined the proportion of individuals in various cohorts who had had premarital sex (defined as either having had vaginal intercourse before first marrying or ever having had intercourse and never having married) by various ages.

Methods

Data from four cycles of the National Survey of Family Growth, 1982–2002, and event history analysis techniques, including Kaplan-Meier life-table procedures and Cox proportional-hazards regression models, were used to examine the incidence of premarital sex by gender and historical cohort

Results

Data from the 2002 survey indicate that by age 20, 77% of respondents had had sex, 75% had had premarital sex, and 12% had married; by age 44, 95% of respondents (94% of women, 96% of men, and 97% of those who had ever had sex) had had premarital sex. Even among those who abstained until at least age 20, 81% had had premarital sex by age 44. Among cohorts of women turning 15 between 1964 and 1993, at least 91% had had premarital sex by age 30. Among those turning 15 between 1954 and 1963, 82% had had premarital sex by age 30, and 88% had done so by age 44.

Conclusions

Almost all Americans have sex before marrying. These findings argue for education and interventions that provide the skills and information people need to protect themselves from unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases once they become sexually active, regardless of marital status.
source

So much for the power of the scriptures I guess.

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #42

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to Miles in post #41]
Results

Data from the 2002 survey indicate that by age 20, 77% of respondents had had sex, 75% had had premarital sex, and 12% had married; by age 44, 95% of respondents (94% of women, 96% of men, and 97% of those who had ever had sex) had had premarital sex. Even among those who abstained until at least age 20, 81% had had premarital sex by age 44. Among cohorts of women turning 15 between 1964 and 1993, at least 91% had had premarital sex by age 30. Among those turning 15 between 1954 and 1963, 82% had had premarital sex by age 30, and 88% had done so by age 44.
In every data set, you give there are those who chose not to have premarital sex. I find it fascinating that premarital sex increased with the development of contraceptives. Going from 8% at the turn of the century to what it is today. The development of contraceptives is nothing more than an avenue for people to have premarital sex.

Fascinating paper on this. file:///C:/Users/hammcl01/Downloads/The_Wifes_Protector_The_Effect_of_Contraception_o.pdf

Miles
Savant

Post #43

Post by Miles »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 pm [Replying to Miles in post #41]
Results

In every data set, you give there are those who chose not to have premarital sex. I find it fascinating that premarital sex increased with the development of contraceptives. Going from 8% at the turn of the century to what it is today. The development of contraceptives is nothing more than an avenue for people to have premarital sex.
Well that, and it prevented a whole lot of unwanted pregnancies, both in and out of marriage. But Yup, it certainly made premarital sex look more attractive, just like life rafts on passenger ships made ocean voyages look more attractive. BTW, got a source for your interesting "8%"?

brunumb
Savant

Post #44

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to EarthScienceguy in post #40]

Sadly, that biblical poison still persists to this day.

ETA: I wonder how many so-called good Christians miss those good old days when they could drag the fornicators out into the street and chuck rocks at them.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #45

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to brunumb in post #44]
ETA: I wonder how many so-called good Christians miss those good old days when they could drag the fornicators out into the street and chuck rocks at them.
I bet a whole lot of children wish that premarital sex was still at 8% because the divorce rate increased along with the percentage of those engaging in premarital sex.

brunumb
Savant

Post #46

Post by brunumb »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pm [Replying to brunumb in post #44]
I bet a whole lot of children wish that premarital sex was still at 8% because the divorce rate increased along with the percentage of those engaging in premarital sex.

https://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blo ... orce-study

“Despite their strong pro-family values, evangelical Christians have higher than average divorce rates — in fact, being more likely to be divorced than Americans who claim no religion”
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Miles
Savant

Post #47

Post by Miles »

brunumb wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:16 pm
EarthScienceguy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pm [Replying to brunumb in post #44]

“Despite their strong pro-family values, evangelical Christians have higher than average divorce rates — in fact, being more likely to be divorced than Americans who claim no religion”
Well, aren't they the ones having all the premarital sex?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #48

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 am

I knew a guy going to seminary back in the day. I saw his girlfriend walking to a department store one day. When I asked her why, she said she was going to buy sexy lingerie for him when he gets home as they had sex every weekend he was home from seminary.
Future preacher right there!
But hey: at least he wasn't molesting boys I suppose.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Post #49

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:30 am

I knew a guy going to seminary back in the day. I saw his girlfriend walking to a department store one day. When I asked her why, she said she was going to buy sexy lingerie for him when he gets home as they had sex every weekend he was home from seminary.
All god's Children need sex . . . . eventually.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #50

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:26 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:30 am

All god's Children need sex . . . . eventually.

Do they, though?
Some priests that enter their 'profession' as virgins, we're told, usually abstain their entire life if they die as priests.
And Mr. Popey Pope... he's abstaining? Inquiring minds, and all of that.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!