Is homosexuality dangerous?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Is homosexuality dangerous?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

I have encountered many arguments before but one that keeps cropping up in defense of oppressive or unfair public policy against LGBT individuals is that being gay is unhealthy.

Questions for debate

Does Homosexual behavior cause aids?

Does Homosexual behavior cause Drug addiction?

Does Homosexual behavior cause a shorter life-span?

If male homosexual behavior increases a risk to HIV infection should female homosexual behavior be treated as the same risk factor even though their infection rates are far less?

Given the difference between male and female infection rates of HIV should we base public policy on all homosexual individuals only looking at male infection rates?

Could sex education solve these issues just as easily if not better than oppressive/unfair public policy?

Feel free to address any or all of these questions or propose some of your own.

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by 99percentatheism »

Haven
[color=orange]99percentatheism[/color] wrote: "Relationships" ?????

In Christian culture as detailed in the New Testament, marriage to only one person is what is considered a "committed relationship. And of course, in the New Testament, marriage is immutably heterosexual.

"Relationships" is considered promiscuity isn't it?
No. A gay/lesbian committed relationship is exactly the same as a heterosexual one -- dedication and faithfulness, not promiscuity.
I quoted you:
Practice safe sex, avoid promiscuity, save sex for committed relationships, remain celibate if you want. The same way someone can be a heterosexual "with a sense of moderation."
"Safe sex, relationships, celibate if you want, moderation."

A Christian marriage of course is immutably man and woman/husband and wife and within this Christian immutability, there is no need for any of LGBT advice since it does not fit.
Why do you judge LGBT people by a different standard?
If you notice, "I" don't judge them at all. The judgment has already been made - for Christians - and I have no desire to enter gay culture and tell them what to do in their chosen path. I am not desiring to redefine gay culture, just to accurately DE-fine it as it is. No differently than looking in to what Mormons do in the Mormon agenda and Mormon culture.
We are people, you know, and we desire the same things you do, including committed love-based relationships.

Buddhists are people too. As are Muslims. Their culture and agenda do not fit the Christian life. Is that hate speech too? Or is it just simple reality.
Personally, I want to start a family someday.
Biologically, physiologically, naturally, you cannot do that through homosexuality.

Isn't that just reality?

UFO
Banned
Banned

Re: Is homosexuality dangerous?

Post #12

Post by UFO »

DanieltheDragon wrote: I have encountered many arguments before but one that keeps cropping up in defense of oppressive or unfair public policy against LGBT individuals is that being gay is unhealthy.

Questions for debate

Does Homosexual behavior cause aids?

Does Homosexual behavior cause Drug addiction?

Does Homosexual behavior cause a shorter life-span?

If male homosexual behavior increases a risk to HIV infection should female homosexual behavior be treated as the same risk factor even though their infection rates are far less?

Given the difference between male and female infection rates of HIV should we base public policy on all homosexual individuals only looking at male infection rates?

Could sex education solve these issues just as easily if not better than oppressive/unfair public policy?

Feel free to address any or all of these questions or propose some of your own.
I don't see any characteristic as being dangerous, but how it's acted upon.
This applies here. Saying one characteristic is dangerous over another is silly. People get STDs mostly from being sexual and that includes various kinds of sexual activity not just gay activity.