Homosexuality by our genes compared to the Bible

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

TheGreatDebate
Student

Homosexuality by our genes compared to the Bible

Post #1

Post by TheGreatDebate »

Is homosexuality something you are born with? Well I am not aware of any studies but if I had to guess I would say it probably has a part in it.

Now people use that to defend homosexuality from the Bible, but is it really a good defense?

According to numerous studies, children of criminals are born with a genetic tendency to be criminals as well. Including studies of adopted children that were born to criminals growing up in another law-abiding household.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 2892520530

Also it is well established that Native Americans are born with a tendency to be predisposed to alcoholism. Much more so than other races.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh301/3-4.htm

So using the same logic, we should allow the children of criminals to walk free and Native Americans who drink and drive free as well. But wait, that sounds ridiculous right?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #31

Post by OnceConvinced »

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 28 by OnceConvinced]

Well technically there is a way to choose! Severe brain trauma you could theoretically submit yourself to severe brain damage in an attempt to hit the right spot associated with sexual attraction. Stroke victims and car accident victims have show dramatic and sudden changes in sexual orientation.
Has anyone voluntarily submitted to brain damage so that they could turn gay? I would maintain that no straight person would ever desire to do that, because the thought of being gay themselves would be repulsive.

I agree that brain damage might force such a change, but that wouldn't be a choice of the person who suffered the damage, but a forced result of the damage. Once again, the fact that it was a result of the state of the brain, shows that being gay (or straight) is something your are born with.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World